SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-06, 06:06 PM   #721
sandbag69
Medic

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Could someone Mod a torpedo

that would travel on the surface in a straight line and detonate against a ship.

We could simulate PT boat attacks if this was possible

Thanks
sandbag69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 06:06 PM   #722
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Re: ship spawning - you don't need to make any entries to see the new cargo ships in campaign, as long as there are generic spawning points. I distinctly remember sinking Sergbuto's large cargo, and someone recently mentioned sinking AG124's whale factory. The more new merchants are released, the greater chance you will have to see modded freighters ingame.

BTW, AG, I haven't forgotten about the skins for the factory ship - maybe in a week or two. I'd like to find info about the paint scheme for an American company that did whaling prewar, but I can't remember its name.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 09:13 PM   #723
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

Cool. I will be eagerly awaiting those skins. But your new ships should be a priority, of course.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 05:01 AM   #724
UBOAT234
Weps

Downloads: 0

I can explain all, but I have many problems with the English language and not sò if I will succeed to answer correctly.
A lot of the job has been made with hex workshop and must create of the photographies in order makes to understand you.
But mainly much job of logic and experimentation, many tests.

But I still have a not resolved great problem, I do not understand like changing the lenght of hull.
I have lengthened the hull of the ship, from 199 to 240, but when I go against to the Bow ship, with the Bow of the submarine, it is in the Bow points and of Stern, where I have lengthened, penetrating, then within there is the hard one of the ship. e' possible to change this or I have mistaken something in clone mode?

In second: is possible increase the smoke?

Can you help me? :hmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
@UBOAT234, very nice liner!! This should not show up too frequently, so I assume you will put it into the Class=103 category?
Yes, Class=103

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
UBOAT234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 05:20 AM   #725
AG124
Sea Lord

You can increase the thickness of the smoke with TimeTraveller's SH3 MiniTweaker. Check the sticky with the list of mods and tools.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 04-07-06, 06:01 AM   #726
UBOAT234
Weps

Thank, and for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBOAT234
But I still have a not resolved great problem, I do not understand like changing the lenght of hull.
I have lengthened the hull of the ship, from 199 to 240, but when I go against to the Bow ship, with the Bow of the submarine, it is in the Bow points and of Stern, where I have lengthened, penetrating, then within there is the hard one of the ship. e' possible to change this or I have mistaken something in clone mode?

Can you help me? :hmm:
In the next reply I explain like adding objects and conserving the origin ID.

In this moment I am making the screenshot.

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
Old 04-08-06, 06:35 PM   #727
VonHelsching
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG124
I have not heard of a single Coastal Tanker appearing in the campaign, although several people have seen and sunk Whale Factories.
This is true. Since your last relase, the NCVW I have played more than ~10 missions but have not seen yet a coastal tanker (except for a single mission, which I put a NCOT, A NCVW and a S-Type US sub, just to shoot them down the the DG.

But I've seen a NCVW getting out of the port of New York at high speed, as I was getting in for a harbour raid (I was Pauckenschlag-ing). Those two stern tubes of the IX proved useful.
VonHelsching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 06:44 PM   #728
VonHelsching
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBOAT234

Have reworked The Liner (NPPL_), to construct it much similar to the ship Cunard LUSITANIA, (in this moment it is still under construction, still it is not completed), experience most interestant ...

-Long 240 m (moved bow spray and twek the displacement)
-Added, obj of Barca15 and Barca16; (lifeboat)
-Added, obj for Cush and Funnel; (now it work);
-All obj added in .zon and .sim file (hit and smoke now it work 4 Funnel) moved hit zone in .zon file.
-All texture reworked.
UBOAT 234,

This is excellent work! I am shining my torpedos and re-testing my magnetic detonators. Don't make it run too fast!
Old 04-08-06, 06:49 PM   #729
VonHelsching
Ace of the Deep

I was away for less than a day and look what happened.

~10 new ships WAF-WOLMD (work almost finished, working on the last minute details)

What I wanted to ask the merchant shipping gurus, is if someone noticed the small merchant ship that is featured in the movie King Kong (the new one by Peter Jackson):

a) What is this ship type?
b) Has anyone thought to model it? It would be a fine addition to the small ships fleet. Lately, we are getting a lot of above average ships (not that this is actually a bad thing :|\ )
c) How did they fit King Kong in?

Thanks,

VonHelsching
Old 04-10-06, 02:43 AM   #730
UBOAT234
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHelsching
I was away for less than a day and look what happened.

~10 new ships WAF-WOLMD (work almost finished, working on the last minute details)

What I wanted to ask the merchant shipping gurus, is if someone noticed the small merchant ship that is featured in the movie King Kong (the new one by Peter Jackson):

a) What is this ship type?
b) Has anyone thought to model it? It would be a fine addition to the small ships fleet. Lately, we are getting a lot of above average ships (not that this is actually a bad thing :|\ )
c) How did they fit King Kong in?

Thanks,

VonHelsching
The difficulty is that there are many dark sides in the file that compose the ships. But not only, also the way with which interacts with AI of the game.
I have tried just in these days, to modify the file in order to lengthen, as an example the length of ship, this to my opinion, is the main problem.
In order it makes to understand me with my English bad:
Es.I have tried to construct one aircraft carriers, and the aircraft carriers Illustrious it was adapted to this, but the length of the hull was not served to me.
However I have tried to lengthen the main hull, and it works well when it shoots or shooting to it of the torpedo, but if you go against with the submarine for sure points, to bow and stern, where I have made the lengthening, is transparent (uboat penetreted in it).
For move,this is necessary to workaround the .zon file of the ship created.
Then, for every modification it is necessary to work 3 file mainly. I am trying to realize one able instrument to make this, that aids to construct without too much hard work. For hour many things you must make them in hex and must make much attention not to mistake, otherwise all the job is lost, and to make attention costs much time...

However, in end:
I have:
- added new weapon in .guns fie, and it full work,(is necessary modify also .sim, and then tweek for personalze really this).
-added new object in dat file of ship, and it fully work. (is necessary modify also .sim, .zon). and for funnel, it has been a hardwork, but in the end, there are successful.

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234
Old 04-10-06, 06:24 PM   #731
AG124
Sea Lord

Whenever I do anything with ship modding, I always post it here so I should post this stuff too.

I have released the Chatham Troop Transport, and it is on my fileshare site. There is already a picture a few pages back. Below are pictures of a cloned Hospital Ship version, as well as a cloned and repainted Hospital Ship version of the stock Troop Transport.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 04-11-06, 07:33 AM   #732
malcymalc
Bosun

AG124,
I downloaded your new ships and added them to my set up last night. I have started a new campaign so have not yet seen one in the flesh.

However I noticed when consulting the ID book that only the NCOT was there (and was called NCOT rather than Coastal tanker or whatever) but not the Chatham, Whaling Ship etc.

How do I add them to the ID book?

Thanks
Malcolm
malcymalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 07:44 AM   #733
AG124
Sea Lord

That's strange. They should show up, as they have ID images. I think you may have made a mistake in installation.

I just checked my own installation, and all four showed up. Check each ship's folder under the 'Sea' directory. Each one should have a file with one of the following names:

NCOT_sil.tga
NCVW_sil.tga
NCHT_sil.tga
NCHH_sil.tga

Also, check your Englishnames or Germannames cfg file to make sure you have entered the names correctly. And make sure that you have assigned each ship to at least one nation, although I assume you have done that already.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 04-11-06, 05:49 PM   #734
malcymalc
Bosun

Actually, I just copied them all into the game using JSGME - I guess this means I need to go back and edit some?

Malcolm
malcymalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-06, 05:54 PM   #735
AG124
Sea Lord

I personally don't use JSGME, although I've heard good things about it. So I am not sure how to use it, but it does seem as if you should recheck your installation.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE: