SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-16-11, 02:32 PM   #721
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

another frame rate hog down...

...regarding funnel smoke, smoke from fires, explosions and so on, i had the problem by closing a vessel to much (cam or sub) my frames almost go down to 2 or 3...

this is fixed now, even heavy explosions run fine without any lag now and the cam is able closing to a funnel stack with much better results now.

i just disabled the in-memory DXT2/3 texture compression for each of the texture nodes in baza_FX.dat

this may help on some systems with moderate grafic cards, high end cards have no problem here anyways i think.

...still testing

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 01:42 PM   #722
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
those heavy gun particle stress is also known from SH3 when using a 16 or 20km admosphere mod together with high gun range settings in sim.cfg.

at least those AA-Gun range setting in sim.cfg are simply to much for some systems (by the way the original vanilla value is 1500, now it is 3500 !)

i will instandly reduce these AA gun range and will also modify the almost instandly deadly enemy normal gun error angel to have a bit more spread
Sorry Stormfly, but this "deadly enemy normal gun error angel" word combo just made me Almost like some crazy heavy metal song name. So thanks for the cheer up, I hope you don't mind!

Oh yes, I have a real point too. Do you think that the deck guns and aa-guns are too precise? That air attack i mentioned made me think that too. Maybe 20 airplanes were destroyed in that attack, it was more like suicide mission. And it seemed that they spawned unlimitedly, a new wave after the another.

I think the planes should charge, drob few bombs and just fly away, but I'm not sure if they do that. It seemed more that they fight to the end.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:05 PM   #723
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
I think the planes should charge, drob few bombs and just fly away, but I'm not sure if they do that. It seemed more that they fight to the end.
The devs didn't make the aiplane AI smart enough and they also didn't give much attention to them (commands wise). So I did the best I could with them in IRAI.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:15 PM   #724
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

I witnessed a 20+ hour air raid against a convoy and was so amazing that I just parked my sub and watched the show with external cam. I cant get enough of this and tbh, i dont really care about the planes kamikaze actions.. is just too awesome. Only thing that bothered me was the convoys strategy set by IRAI.. they just keep circling until all ships get sunk. They should zig-zag and sail away not just get into an endless circling loop.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:20 PM   #725
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
I witnessed a 20+ hour air raid against a convoy and was so amazing that I just parked my sub and watched the show with external cam. I cant get enough of this and tbh, i dont really care about the planes kamikaze actions.. is just too awesome. Only thing that bothered me was the convoys strategy set by IRAI.. they just keep circling until all ships get sunk. They should zig-zag and sail away not just get into an endless circling loop.
that was with V32 of IRAI I sent you right? I have some changes that I made to that version
Old 05-17-11, 02:25 PM   #726
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
that was with V32 of IRAI I sent you right? I have some changes that I made to that version
Thats correct. Happy to hear that you plan to fix it, thanks!
And one more thing.. pls take a look at the collision detection, I think its set at too low values now and ships are getting much too close to each other in ports and convoys.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 02:32 PM   #727
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Thats correct. Happy to hear that you plan to fix it, thanks!
And one more thing.. pls take a look at the collision detection, I think its set at too low values now and ships are getting much too close to each other in ports and convoys.
I have no control of collision detection. That's controlled by an .act file IIRC.
Old 06-14-11, 04:05 PM   #728
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Default 1 qvestion

I m using old stile explosion and was wondering is thise mod compatibile white old stile explosion, or the r doing the same thing white same extra stuff from ur mod? Sorry for nubis qvestion and poor english.
Old 06-14-11, 04:58 PM   #729
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia" View Post
I m using old stile explosion and was wondering is thise mod compatibile white old stile explosion, or the r doing the same thing white same extra stuff from ur mod? Sorry for nubis qvestion and poor english.
not compatible because I have modified the particles.dat file also. I do not have his changes in my mod. Actually I have no clue what his mod does because I've never used it.
Old 06-14-11, 09:05 PM   #730
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
not compatible because I have modified the particles.dat file also. I do not have his changes in my mod. Actually I have no clue what his mod does because I've never used it.
I'm pretty sure it removed the fireworks from explosions which your mod does as well. Don't really need the old style explosion mod.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 10:38 PM   #731
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Quote:
not compatible because I have modified the particles.dat file also.
In Old Style Explosion using Baza_FX.dat
Old 06-15-11, 01:50 AM   #732
Travinski
Watch

Downloads: 40

Quote:
The devs didn't make the aiplane AI smart enough and they also didn't give much attention to them (commands wise). So I did the best I could with them in IRAI.
Yes, TheDarkWraith, aiplane AI is a huge problem.
It's just a nasty situation.

In any case, what is the best IRAI

Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 03:41 AM   #733
Proply
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15

Hi there, gave this mod a try but found that it caused my game to stutter often then crash every time I was halfway through a convoy attack - specifically when I surface and start using the gun. This is possibly something to do with armed merchant ship weapons fx, as it always happened when I was on the deck gun and being fired upon. Happened 3 times in a row after killing ~5 of 15 ships, deactivated mod and now runs smoothly and stable, even in the middle of all those ships shooting back. I guess it could be a ram issue as while I have 4 gb, I am only running 32bit windows, but like I said it runs fine without FX Update on. Looooove your IRAI mod btw, hugely improved the game for me!

Primarily I wanted this mod because it "fixed" flooding and fire damage, does anyone have some suggestions for alternative mods that do this well also?

[EDIT]

Other than FX update I have the following installed:

TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits v 1.2
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWraith
Proply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 07:06 PM   #734
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Is your water disturbances mod and the depth keeping mod included in FX16 ? Should it be .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-11, 07:41 PM   #735
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Is your water disturbances mod and the depth keeping mod included in FX16 ? Should it be .
No they are not. As I don't want to impose mods that others may not want I didn't include them in the mod.