SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-11, 07:03 PM   #706
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
No problem Guys, just wish I could run it to fix what needs fixing. Can someone test to see if Fat/Lut panel is functional (Need to have fat/Lut torpedoes loaded - will be a green icon on R.H.S of screen to show panel)
Because Reaper7 is unable to run SH5 right now. We need to be very specific when reporting any problems that are discovered during game play so Reaper7 is able to quickly resolve any issue's without having to ask to many additional questions, if any at all.
Quote:
Also I've removed the Left and Right TDC Panels, now that the Full TDC is Implemented - will save on resources and less textures for engine to load.
Obviously, working with the U-Boot HAHD team has been a good learning experience.
Optimization is cleary a priority for you now.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 08:03 AM   #707
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282
Uploads: 0
Default bug in 5.0 beta

I installed 5.0 beta and OHII 1.5 with patch 2. I started a new campaign. In the bunker the the two officers are injured with the only instruction go to game(doesn't work) and the map insert is up and show white with a box with a X in it. The only thing I can do is walk around. I hope I explained this well enough for reaper7
I have been using 4.14 and OHII with very little problem.
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 09:16 AM   #708
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Wingerter View Post
I installed 5.0 beta and OHII 1.5 with patch 2. I started a new campaign. In the bunker the the two officers are injured with the only instruction go to game(doesn't work) and the map insert is up and show white with a box with a X in it. The only thing I can do is walk around. I hope I explained this well enough for reaper7
I have been using 4.14 and OHII with very little problem.

Hi Lewis that sound like a case of Mod soup - quite common is SH5 and any changes to the default scripts.

Can you Un-install all your mods start a campaign. Return to Port then re-install the mods.
That should sort it out.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 09:17 AM   #709
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Because Reaper7 is unable to run SH5 right now. We need to be very specific when reporting any problems that are discovered during game play so Reaper7 is able to quickly resolve any issue's without having to ask to many additional questions, if any at all.

Obviously, working with the U-Boot HAHD team has been a good learning experience.
Optimization is cleary a priority for you now.

Thanks Mate, Guess soumething good rubbed of alright
Old 12-02-11, 10:40 AM   #710
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Thanks reaper7 for the quick response. I will try that. I wont be able to do that until latter today. thanks again
Old 12-02-11, 03:48 PM   #711
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Hi reaper7 I did what you advised and got the same result(beta doesnt like me). I will wait until there more data out there. If you have any more ideal that you would like me to try let me know thanks

I will keep playing Ui 4.14.(great mod)
Old 12-02-11, 03:57 PM   #712
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi reaper7 I did what you advised and got the same result(beta doesnt like me). I will wait until there more data out there. If you have any more ideal that you would like me to try let me know thanks

I will keep playing Ui 4.14.(great mod)

Hi Mate do you have any Script Error Messages open, you may have to Alt_Tab out of Sh5 to see them.

Is this Beta working for anyone, if so then its not a script error but a Mod Install error.
Old 12-02-11, 05:57 PM   #713
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

I didn't see any script error. I first thought that I may have gotten a bad download. so I downloaded it again. One other thing I tried was just using the 5.0 mod and I got a CDT. The 4.14 ver works great.
Old 12-03-11, 06:31 PM   #714
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Integrated Fuel. Battery, Comp Air, Co2 gauges.

I have looked everywhere in the UI-Boot v4.14 trying to find out my Battery and Fuel levels.
There is no integrated guage to display this information with the exception of viewing the Systems Management Page (SH5's Damage PAGES).
IMO. these guages should be in your face at all times or at least some where that does not cover my entire screen to get this information.
Bringing the Systems Management Page up while trying to avoid DD's to check Battery Levels is major emmersion killer for me.
I was even running to Aft Torpedo Room to check these level just so I dont bring up Systems Management but thats just me.(Enough Crying)

The Type-VIIA/B do not have any working guage to display Battery Level as the Aft Torpedo Room for these two models have no provisions to add Dial Controls to display this information.

All boats use the same Engine Room but the Stock Engine Room is also not complete and the Fuel Gauge is missing Dial control to display fuel level but this dial control can be added (Even SteelViking and BIGREG missed this in their Interior MODS).

All boats use the same Control Room. The Control Room has guages for Fuel, Battery, Compressed Air and Co2 Levels but again, these gauges are not complete and you are unable to add Dial Controls to make these guages work.
(I am investigating possablity of MOD to fix CR Battery Level Guages next to Ballast Control Station behind stairs to CT).

Can you add Integrated Levels display to your UI?
Maybe on the Captain or Motorman Crew page(s)?

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 05:18 AM   #715
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I have looked everywhere in the UI-Boot v4.14 trying to find out my Battery and Fuel levels.
There is no integrated guage to display this information with the exception of viewing the Systems Management Page (SH5's Damage PAGES).
IMO. these guages should be in your face at all times or at least some where that does not cover my entire screen to get this information.
Bringing the Systems Management Page up while trying to avoid DD's to check Battery Levels is major emmersion killer for me.
I was even running to Aft Torpedo Room to check these level just so I dont bring up Systems Management but thats just me.(Enough Crying)

The Type-VIIA/B do not have any working guage to display Battery Level as the Aft Torpedo Room for these two models have no provisions to add Dial Controls to display this information.

All boats use the same Engine Room but the Stock Engine Room is also not complete and the Fuel Gauge is missing Dial control to display fuel level but this dial control can be added (Even SteelViking and BIGREG missed this in their Interior MODS).

All boats use the same Control Room. The Control Room has guages for Fuel, Battery, Compressed Air and Co2 Levels but again, these gauges are not complete and you are unable to add Dial Controls to make these guages work.
(I am investigating possablity of MOD to fix CR Battery Level Guages next to Ballast Control Station behind stairs to CT).

Can you add Integrated Levels display to your UI?
Maybe on the Captain or Motorman Crew page(s)?

Regards!
TheBeast

Hi Mate, sure that is something I can add ok. Thanks for the suggestion.
Is the Mod running ok for you?
Old 12-04-11, 11:00 AM   #716
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Hi reaper7 I did some more testing and I tried just the UiB 5.5 beta and no other mod and I got the same result. I dont know how much different 5.0 is from 4.14 is. I thinking with the white tai map box with a x(video card problem)could be a something in my card. As for every crewman I talk to are injured and no dialog in the box I dont have a clue. As of now it apears that I only have this problem with your mod. Thanks for the great mod

My video card is a Nivida Geforce GTS 450 with the newest drivers. My OS Win 7 64 bit 4gig of ram.
Old 12-05-11, 11:13 AM   #717
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi reaper7 I did some more testing and I tried just the UiB 5.5 beta and no other mod and I got the same result. I dont know how much different 5.0 is from 4.14 is. I thinking with the white tai map box with a x(video card problem)could be a something in my card. As for every crewman I talk to are injured and no dialog in the box I dont have a clue. As of now it apears that I only have this problem with your mod. Thanks for the great mod

My video card is a Nivida Geforce GTS 450 with the newest drivers. My OS Win 7 64 bit 4gig of ram.

Hi Lewis, the symptoms you describe are related to a bad Install of the Mod.
What you are seeing is the result of the scripts being deactivated while the game is running.
(if you open the Menu Editor for the relevant pages you'll see what I mean).
So what you are seeing is all the Graphics that are used by that page as backgrounds etc so the White box is the map bacground - but as the script is nor running the game can't overlay the relevant textures etc on top.
The crew members are displaying all the graphics on-screen as the script can't move them off-screen until required.

As your not getting a script error while running and no-one has reported a problem - I can only say there is something wrong with your Sh5 Mods Installation.

Only thing I can recommend is a full un-install of Sh5 and its directories, then re-install from scratch.
Old 12-05-11, 11:22 PM   #718
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Hi Reaper I uninstall and reinstall the game. Still no luck I am still having the same problems. I will stick with Ui 4.14. That is a great mod. Thanks for all your help keep putting out them great mods
Old 12-06-11, 06:53 AM   #719
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi Reaper I uninstall and reinstall the game. Still no luck I am still having the same problems. I will stick with Ui 4.14. That is a great mod. Thanks for all your help keep putting out them great mods
Hi Lewis, by an chance do you know how to run the Game in Editor (Not sure of the name) Mode.
If so you can run the game in windowed mode - once game is running you can rightclick the menu bar and bring up the script window.
This will show what scripts are running (Tickbox ticked) and what scripts have failed (Tickbox empty) SO for example if the Tickbox for Page_DefaultHud is not ticked the problem lies here.
This would help to track down the culprit.
Old 12-06-11, 08:24 AM   #720
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Hi Reaper no I did not know how to do the editor I will try again and per your instruction I will see what happen. I will get back thanks

Any help on how to run the editor

Last edited by Lewis Wingerter; 12-06-11 at 09:01 AM. Reason: i do not know how to run the editor