Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-08, 06:26 AM   #691
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX

btw..is that a ME262 I spot in the background?

HunterICX
You can see clearly the rear end of the righthand side jet engine.
Old 10-20-08, 06:37 AM   #692
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX

btw..is that a ME262 I spot in the background?

HunterICX
You can see clearly the rear end of the righthand side jet engine.
Didnt saw the Engine, but the Tail and canopy betrayed itself as the ME262's
from Wikipedia this must be the: Me 262 A-2a W.Nr.112372

HunterICX
Old 10-20-08, 06:54 AM   #693
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Aye, that's her alright, I recall commenting to my other half how many times I'd set fire to those jet engines

Just to the left of the 262's tail is a Mosquito B35

Here's another shot of the 'Milestones of Flight' Hall. Honestly, I will probably go there again in November because there is just so much to see.

Old 10-20-08, 04:44 PM   #694
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

So, what did Der Dicke have in store for us tonight?

Brand new shiney 190s! Hunter and Fin were overjoyed, however less than overjoyed when found they had to babysit some Condors on their way to obliterate a Russkie airfield. Oberon took one look at this strange new plane, and ran crying to his 109.
Hunter donned his spy mask and went undercover in Raptors gulag to find out where the enemy would be. Oh yes...they're heading straight for the 109s, all 43 of them. *gulp*

So, off we jolly well soared, the 109s heading for their patrol position behind friendly lines (a bridge Petsamo way if memory serves me correct) and the 190s headed off to find their bombers.
For a good half an hour, neither group found anything. Oberon was beginning to suspect that his four 109s had scared away the entire Soviet airforce when suddenly his wingmen peeled away, at about the same time Hunter and Fin stumbled across the lumbering Condors who were making their way to altitude at a snails pace.
"Tally ho, I've got six...erm...I don't know what they are..."
The Peshkas returneth! As Oberon moved into position, the Peshka dived away, then spun around, but he was back behind him and threw a fistful of cannon and MG fire into it. The Peshka laughed and carried on as the AI vultures descended and got all the credit.
Eventually they made their way away, and Oberon was left in an empty sky again, having futily blasted at two Peshkas for little return.
Little did the fleeing Peshkas know, however, that awaiting them on their route back to Murmansk were two hungry butcher birds.
"Shall I take the smoking one?"
"You take him, I'll take the lead one."

*two seconds later*

"Bye bye!"

Oberon begun to regret his choice of aircraft as he hastened towards the area, but by the time he arrived, the Peshkas were geography. So, on to the Tomahawks! Heavy with bombs and fuel, the P40s were heading north towards their target bridge, exactly where Oberon had just come from.
Schiesse!
Full throttle and back we go again!
Back on target area, Oberon heard something whilst climbing through cloud. Was it his wingman, or the elusive P40s? He turned back and circled after leaving the cloud, there! Heading north!
"I've got two contacts, no idea what yet, closing to ID."
He closed, and the contacts zoomed past, not opening fire and seemingly uninterested in the two 109s circling around behind them. Were they friendly? Surely they had to be if they hadn't opened fire?
Oberon closed, as Hunter and Fin closed in from the south-east. And then, as he flew over the first of the two contacts, the Red Star and layout was blindingly obvious.
"I've got two Hurricanes!!"
Throwing another fistful of cannon and MG fire into the rear of the lead Hurricane, it soon dissolved into a dance, with Hunter and Fin chasing the Hurricanes and IL16s (who had decided to join at a different altitude) and Oberon trying to elude a very angry Hurri.
"I've got one...and one just rammed me."
There went Fin, parachuting out, just over enemy lines (I think) Gulag time there possibly.
Meanwhile, Hunters 190 had seen better days...

With an engine sounding like a cross between a washing machine and a cement mixer and his rudder not responding, Hunter decided that perhaps it was time to return to base. Oberon, who by now had lost everyone and was wandering around his own section of sky, regrouped his one surviving wingman and headed back to base too, although not so fast as to allow Hunter time to get to the runway, but alas, the fine German kit in front of Hunters cockpit didn't seem to want to go home, and he had to bail.
However, near Murmansk, several tons of finest German made explosives rained down upon the enemy airbase, pretty much obliterating it.

As the Condors turned for home, a lot lighter but still about as fast as a Sinclair C5, Oberon woke up Schultz and turned in for his final approach:

With enough bumps to make any Spitfire or Hurricane pilot cry ("Bumps a daisy, it's enough to make ya weep" ) Oberon was down, and with an intact undercarriage. Bonus!

Meanwhile, in Moscow:

Dear Hermann

I noticed, with sadness, that a fine young pilot the OGPU informs me is known as Raptor1, did not report into Gulag 17 today. We hope that he has feeling well, and that he will be with us shortly. We have reserved our special suite and our finest borsch awaits him.

Yours comradely

Uncle Joe
Old 10-20-08, 04:58 PM   #695
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Once again thanks for the report

Me and Hunter were btw first engaging a few Peskas, then IL-2s. Once more the IL-2 proved to be tougher than a FW-190 in a mid-air collision Luckily I was able to walk back to friendly lines, so komrad Stalin must be very disappointed now.
Old 10-20-08, 05:03 PM   #696
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

2nd Sortie

CONVOY ATTACK!

Packed with 4 x SC500 HunterICX and Fincuan headed towards the convoy.
underway...Fincuan smashed some buttons and loses half his payload

while we finally spotted the convoy we where drooling to make a DD's life hard and rough...

Result shown here:

''HunterICX and Fincuan, wondering for 15 minutes returning to base how they ever could have missed their targets''
HunterICX
Old 10-20-08, 05:15 PM   #697
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

I remember once when I was swhiched out of my 109 to one of these. Dont think Ive ever had so much trouble flying in my life, I wanted my 109 back.
Old 10-21-08, 03:02 AM   #698
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Meanwhile, in Moscow:

Dear Hermann

I noticed, with sadness, that a fine young pilot the OGPU informs me is known as Raptor1, did not report into Gulag 17 today. We hope that he has feeling well, and that he will be with us shortly. We have reserved our special suite and our finest borsch awaits him.

Yours comradely

Uncle Joe
In Germany:

Dear Comrade Joe,

Pilot Raptor1, iz doing very vell. he waz here zo pick up hiz stuff (his black and white striped Pyjama, his teddybeer and toothbrush) and zwill be reporting to the gulag 17 shortly. He's overjoyed and vill be on his way on bare feet.

Sorry about the Airstrip of Murmansk bombing raid today, I hope I didnt damage that lovely Villa you have zthere closeby.

Your Kamerad,
Hermann
Old 10-21-08, 06:43 AM   #699
Dowly
Lucky Jack

You pooheads flying tonight? And if so, what variant the 109s are?
Old 10-21-08, 06:53 AM   #700
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
You pooheads flying tonight? And if so, what variant the 109s are?
so far we have been able to pick the:
109F4's
FW190A4's
BF110G2's
JU88's
Fiat G-50's
B-239 (Finnish modification)

HunterICX
Old 10-21-08, 07:01 AM   #701
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1
Anyway, those Vodka factories have to die! Contact Junkers, tell them to put the 390 in production, schnell!
What good will they do? :p The 2 built were used for special insertions & supply missions. You planning on hijacking the vodka or drop them vodka mixed with some ZB?
Old 10-21-08, 07:05 AM   #702
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

I'll try and get on tonight lads.

Old 10-21-08, 07:18 AM   #703
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

All those planetypes come and go as reinforements arrive. We usually destroy most of them on the first sortie, and then have to fly something else the next

I'll be flying with II/JG53 tonight, but I'll see if I can join you guys once we're done. We'll start at around 20.00 GMT and usually fly two sorties.
Old 10-21-08, 07:21 AM   #704
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
All those planetypes come and go as reinforements arrive. We usually destroy most of them on the first sortie, and then have to fly something else the next
Ah, not surprise. :p Aslong as there's a 110 for me to get my arse kicked in, I'm happy.
Old 10-21-08, 08:23 AM   #705
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Righto, I've made them necessary modifications to fight the cold; PINK FURRRRR!!!!
Closed Thread