SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-13, 05:38 PM   #556
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I had a ctd when 2 planes fired guns at my sub and I had damage . I have no idea what is causing it so not picking on this mod in particular . Do you use the EXE Patcher damage zone debugging ? Creates a damagezones text file in SH5 folder that describes all the problems with the players units damage zones .
shcollision. act CTD?
Test mission or campaign?
RSD version?
If test mission, which AI skill?

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-17-13 at 05:48 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 05:52 PM   #557
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
shcollision. act CTD?
Test mission or campaign?
RSD version?
If test mission, which AI skill?
Campaign , coastal waters .
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.3 by vdr1981
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 05:53 PM   #558
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
I'll upload v5.4 for testing purposes...

R.S.D.- Reworked Submarine Damage v5.4

And give some grade to download section...That "B" is actually mine grade and looks like I'm tho only one who voted...
No download link provided here. Checked post #1 , too.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 05:59 PM   #559
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
No download link provided here. Checked post #1 , too.
Sry...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t81g7g31ng0ogn1/R.S.D.+-+Reworked+Submarine+Damage+v5.4+by+vdr1981.rar

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-17-13 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-17-13, 06:03 PM   #560
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Campaign , coastal waters .
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.3 by vdr1981
Two planes? That must be SHcollision .act CTD. Can you confirm that?

If so, it's game bug which happens after fire is received from fast shooting guns. So far, problem was only masked behind 250HP for submarine...You should check page 17 of this thread...
Old 10-17-13, 06:28 PM   #561
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Two planes? That must be SHcollision .act CTD. Can you confirm that?

If so, it's game bug which happens after fire is received from fast shooting guns. So far, problem was only masked behind 250HP for submarine...You should check page 17 of this thread...
How do I confirm that it is SHcollision .act CTD ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 07:24 PM   #562
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
How do I confirm that it is SHcollision .act CTD ?
debugview if using New UIs with TDC in the data\application folder. Dbgview can give a clue where to look but does not really pinpoint the CTD.

Eventviewer helps.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 08:22 PM   #563
lodebeard
Gunner

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Does removing the mod solves the issue?

I can be wrong, but I suspect that you problem has nothing to do with R.S.D: for some reaso camouflages have never fully worked
Removing the mod solves the issue. I have identified two mods in my list which break camouflage. RSD and 'SH5 longer repairs V1'. I did exhaustive testing with a new campaign every time. With nothing else installed but for Equipment Upgrades and sober's available by dates v9, both longer repairs and RSD (v4 through 5.2) break the camo. I removed and added both mods individually multiple times to be sure. Although it seems only the first of the three camo options seem to work at all.

I am wondering if, since RSD and Longer Repairs both affect how long repairs take, if they perhaps make a paint job take longer than it allows my sub to stay in the bunker?

Last edited by lodebeard; 10-17-13 at 09:06 PM.
lodebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 09:02 PM   #564
lodebeard
Gunner

Quote:
This is not RSD related . I noticed that bug long before we start to work on this mod...It looks like they're misplaced or something.
I do love your work on RSD, thank you so much!! But RSD is definitely involved in causing my issue. Look:

Each of these is a new campaign on a new profile. I changed nothing else. Every mouse click and button press was done in exactly the same order in both examples:

First with no RSD:

Then with RSD v5.2:

Edit - I should also add that last night I did the same test with v4 and v5.1. My pictured example above is v5.2. I have not tested v5.3 or higher.
Old 10-17-13, 09:47 PM   #565
lodebeard
Gunner

Well this is damn peculiar - I just finished repeating the same test with versions 5.3 and 5.4. I expected no change, but for thoroughness' sake I did it anyway. I was quite surprised to find that camouflage worked with v5.4. So naturally I repeated the test twice more :P

Something in your 5.4 build fixed it...what the heck could it be i wonder?
Old 10-17-13, 10:26 PM   #566
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodebeard View Post
Well this is damn peculiar - I just finished repeating the same test with versions 5.3 and 5.4. I expected no change, but for thoroughness' sake I did it anyway. I was quite surprised to find that camouflage worked with v5.4. So naturally I repeated the test twice more :P

Something in your 5.4 build fixed it...what the heck could it be i wonder?
I understand now...Newest version of Rongels longer repair times, which is contained in v5.4., fixed this issue...

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-17-13 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-17-13, 10:51 PM   #567
lodebeard
Gunner

Cool! I knew it must have to do with repair times, since SH5 longer repair times v1 also broke the camo.

I like it when problems fix themselves

Does 5.4 accidentally/magically fix the backward submarine in the torp management screen by any chance?
Old 10-17-13, 10:57 PM   #568
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodebeard View Post
Cool! I knew it must have to do with repair times, since SH5 longer repair times v1 also broke the camo.

I like it when problems fix themselves

Does 5.4 accidentally/magically fix the backward submarine in the torp management screen by any chance?
Why don't you check it and tell us... Just kidding...It does...
Old 10-17-13, 11:08 PM   #569
lodebeard
Gunner

Nice! Sounds like 5.4 is worth me restarting my 4.0 campaign

Thanks again for all the love you're putting in for this mod.

~S~
Old 10-18-13, 01:37 AM   #570
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Gap,I agree everything , but because NauticaWolf already gave all permissions needed in his readme file I don't see any problem why not to merge main R.S.D. mod with his mod.
From Nauticalwolf's readme:

Quote:
DISCLAIMER:

This is a Freeware mod and can be included or used with any other Freeware mods or mod packs, please give credit.
Please feel free to modify or include this mod in anyway. This Mod may not be included in any mod that is for sale.
You were right. I am sorry if it looks that I am nitpicking, but I am alway a bit reluctant when it comes to release my modifications of other's stuff. I hope you understand me

Quote:
After that, you can introduced even more modifications and I'm really eager to see what's your creations will look like, except maybe support for stock images...Those XXIII century , robotic look textures looks highly unrealistic and they should be erased from existence soon as possible!
Okay, this leaves us with just two options: Nauticalwolf's and Drifter's UIs. Lesser work for us

Quote:
Could you tell me more about your "damage report paper" idea ? This sound veeery interesting?
Maybe in future. The "notebook" concept is an idea which crossed my mind for solving the issue of too many boxes, lines and pictures cramped in a too little space, but I don't know how well it would match the rest of the game interface. The two UI's I mentioned before look both awesome, and for the time being I want to focus on them, trying to retain as much of their original style as possible (fonts, colors and u-boat/torpedo orientation included). Maybe I will try resizing a bit equipment boxes' size, and of course I will move them around to make them to fit better any empty space. If I succeed in this task, I don't see reason for introducing another option.

By the way: are there any equipments that you need still to add/remove or rearrange? I will start my work when you are almost sure that no major changes are going to happen
gap is offline   Reply With Quote