SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-07, 08:01 AM   #526
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck
Moin,

...Your feedback is welcome.

Regards,
DD
So here a feedback!
First of all many thanks again DD!

I'm using the Type VIIC with stock peri location...
Two small problems (I said small lol):
1. The lights are really too shine on all the uboat. At least on GWX interiors (I guess that also on stock) they are "better", a bit less shine.
2. Ok about the periscope...but the player default camera position and that Officer aren't on stock position. They are in truth in the same "pericope fix mod" position.

That is it!
Thanks again mate!
Old 03-27-07, 09:17 AM   #527
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128

Wow. What luck! I just started a new IXC career 3 hours ago.

But maybe you should edit the first post in the thread to reflect ALL of the files and updates and installation instructions and what not. I just skimmed through 27 pages of posts to get here. I think those ignorant to this mod would appreciate 1st page release notes.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:47 AM   #528
Maraz
Navy Dude

Downloads: 0

Quote:

TypeIX_OpenHatch_V1.0 is now available for download
OMG, you did it again !!!!!!!!!

Great job!

Now let's go to other hatches !!!

Maraz
Maraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 11:06 AM   #529
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

That is awesome divingduck thanks for your work. Is there any chance of getting the hatch in the aft section of the control room open so we can see that mess room yet?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 11:22 AM   #530
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It keeps getting better!

When will you do the type II? No, wait...:rotfl:
Old 03-27-07, 11:53 AM   #531
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

AWESOME!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 12:41 PM   #532
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1

Yesss----

Ve

ry cool..awesome add...

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 02:03 PM   #533
Whirlwind
Nub

Downloads: 0

Wow DD, this mod is simply incredible. It brings so much more life on board an u-boot. If you and urfisch manage to expand this mod to every compartment in the u-boot, you truly deserve to be called gods in the modding community.

Thank you for your work and effort you put in this mod.
Old 03-27-07, 02:39 PM   #534
EmeAzul
US Navy LT

Downloads: 582
Default Can the OpenHatch Mods be Combined?

DD, thank you for this terrific contribution to SH3. This is truly a great enhancement to the game. I've really enjoyed all of your work in the past, but this particular effort really stands out!

I'm thinking of combining both TypeVII and TypeIX Openhatch mods into one single modification on my system. I was wondering if you think this would or could create a problem. There are 10 .tga files that are common across both mods: 7cic_Brk_Glass, 7cic_druck, 7cic_tbd_1, 7cic_tif, Blueprint, Brk_Glass, druck_7, Haloi, Placute, and Torpedo.

In a few cases, the size of the files are different from one Mod to the other. I guess I would have to decide which version to use (the larger one, perhaps?). But since they will all end up going into the same place once implemented (Textures/TNormal/Tex), I wondered if combining them from the outset might not be more efficient. Thx EmeAzul
EmeAzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 04:07 PM   #535
CaptainNemo12
Frogman

Downloads: 15

Is it me or is that IX hatch WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY to high to crawl in? It's almost like you have to jump through it in order to get to the other side!!

P.S: I'm not criticizing your work DD, it's awesome!
CaptainNemo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 04:32 PM   #536
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64

No, it's meant to be that high...it means, that your legs are stretched, when you put one through. And that's nice, when travelling inside a rolling Uboat.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 04:50 PM   #537
Tigrone
Commander

Downloads: 41
What do I do now?

Quote:
Moin,
TypeIX_OpenHatch_V1.0 is now available for download. Your feedback is welcome. Regards, DD
Oh my God: Atlantic, no Pacific, but the IX looks so cool now, but I just got a new Gato and need to catch some rays (and the Atlantic is so cold), but this is just too cool!

I've a broom at the mast said he, for the broom is a sign for me, that wherever I go, I sweep the mighty sea.
Tigrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 07:25 PM   #538
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276

I do have a slight problem that maybe ya'll can help me fix. I like all others had the ob scope in the wrong place when I installed this wonderful mod via JS. I have tried both the correct and other add-on and neither have moved the scope to the proper area. I have been opening the VII folder in JS than copying the corrected file over the old one, am I doing something wrong here?
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 04:09 AM   #539
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10

Moin,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinmar
I do have a slight problem that maybe ya'll can help me fix. I like all others had the ob scope in the wrong place when I installed this wonderful mod via JS. I have tried both the correct and other add-on and neither have moved the scope to the proper area. I have been opening the VII folder in JS than copying the corrected file over the old one, am I doing something wrong here?
Enable as follows:
  1. TypeVII_OpenHatch_V1.01
  2. TypeVII_OpenHatch_HiRes if needed
  3. TypeVII_OH_Peri_Correct
Report back if you still encounter this problem. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeAzul
...I'm thinking of combining both TypeVII and TypeIX Openhatch mods into one single modification on my system. I was wondering if you think this would or could create a problem. There are 10 .tga files that are common across both mods: 7cic_Brk_Glass, 7cic_druck, 7cic_tbd_1, 7cic_tif, Blueprint, Brk_Glass, druck_7, Haloi, Placute, and Torpedo.

In a few cases, the size of the files are different from one Mod to the other. I guess I would have to decide which version to use (the larger one, perhaps?). But since they will all end up going into the same place once implemented (Textures/TNormal/Tex), I wondered if combining them from the outset might not be more efficient. Thx EmeAzul
You´re right. There are some files that come with both mods. I´ts hard to keep the complete picture. It will cause no problem. If you use the larger one, your texture´s quality will be increased ingame. It´s on my ToDo-list for upcoming updates now. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking
That is awesome divingduck thanks for your work. Is there any chance of getting the hatch in the aft section of the control room open so we can see that mess room yet?
No comment. :hmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Funk
...But maybe you should edit the first post in the thread to reflect ALL of the files and updates and installation instructions and what not. I just skimmed through 27 pages of posts to get here. I think those ignorant to this mod would appreciate 1st page release notes.
I´ve talked to Urfisch already. The #1 post will be edited asap by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
I'm using the Type VIIC with stock peri location...
Two small problems (I said small lol):
1. The lights are really too shine on all the uboat. At least on GWX interiors (I guess that also on stock) they are "better", a bit less shine.
2. Ok about the periscope...but the player default camera position and that Officer aren't on stock position. They are in truth in the same "pericope fix mod" position.
I didn´t change anything about the lights. But I´ll see if I can dim them.
I´ll have to dig a little for the camera and officer´s position. They obviousely have been altered by NYGM. As I didn´t play a single mission since I started modding in summer last year, I didn´t realize there is a difference between these matters in stock and NYGM.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 06:40 AM   #540
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
This XI version its now available at my site!
Thanks DD

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote