SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-20, 08:29 AM   #5341
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

There have been 64 deaths after a positive coronavirus test registered in Scotland since yesterday, which is the highest daily total since the 6 May, Nicola Sturgeon has announced. Some 1,235 people are in hospital with the virus.

The US has now recorded more than 10 million cases and almost 240,000 deaths from coronavirus, the highest figures in the world.
For almost a week, more than 100,000 new cases have been confirmed each day, as infections continue to rise across the country in a third peak that threatens to be worse than those of the spring and summer.

Hot on the heels of an announcement by US and German rivals, Russia has announced that its Sputnik V vaccine has proven to be 92% effective against Covid-19.

Spain and Italy are seeing their highest numbers of deaths since the second Covid wave began. Spain has recorded another 411 deaths over 24 hours and Italy 580.

Hungary has just imposed a night-time curfew and closed secondary schools, bars and restaurants as it fights soaring infection rates. Prime Minister Viktor Orban has warned of a potential shortage of medics to treat patients.

Meanwhile, some 300,000 schoolchildren in Germany and 30,000 teachers are currently self-isolating, according to tabloid Bild. A teachers’ association leader has warned German schools are experiencing a “salami lockdown” - in other words, the gradual closure of more and more schools due to outbreaks.

India’s capital Delhi is experiencing a fresh spike in Covid-19 cases; the city's Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has called it the “third peak” of the virus.
On Tuesday, the city recorded 7,830 fresh cases in 24 hours, up from its previous high of 7,745 on Sunday. Total cases now number more than 450,000 and Delhi has overtaken Kerala as the region in India with the fastest-growing caseload.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 10:03 AM   #5342
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Germany sees higher numbers of patients in ICU now than during the height of the first wave in Spring.

The German-American vaccine needs two shots. The 300 doses the eU ordered therefore reduces itself two 150 million vaccinations.

The stuff must be stored at -70°C. That means the logistics of mass vaccination are tricky. Most pharmacies and laboratories for example usually do not have refrigerators capable of that low temperature.

It will take long time even if there are no mishaps, problems, accidents, technical issues, logistic falurtes. With any of the latter it will last even longer.

Germany plans 60-70 vaccination centres of drive-through design. People like me who do not own a car, will not get vaccinated.

A press speaker of the Corona family said they plan to mutate around autumn next year to equalize the playing field once again and take immunization out of the equation again.
Old 11-11-20, 12:14 PM   #5343
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

UK becomes first country in Europe to pass 50,000 coronavirus deaths, according to government figures.

UK is fifth country globally to pass that figure, coming after the US, Brazil, India and Mexico.

UK government's death figures only include people who died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid.

Science 'just at the beginning of our journey' on vaccines, says England's deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam.

Old 11-11-20, 01:23 PM   #5344
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-11-20, 03:50 PM   #5345
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In the news today they talked about this vaccine who was 90 % effective.
They said that this vaccine was a new type a DNA based/type of vaccine

Don't know what a DNA based/type of vaccine is and how it works and what type of side effect this type of vaccine may cause.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 04:59 PM   #5346
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

As soon as BionTech/Pfizer announce their 90-percent-effective vaccine, Russia stated its "Sputnik" vaccine was at 92 percent. Honi soit qui mal y pense

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 05:03 PM   #5347
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

They want us all to take a hurriedly developed substance with altered DNA? Sounds like a science fiction movie plot. Given our luck this year I wonder what the unknown side effect will be? Vampirism?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 05:19 PM   #5348
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Following statement is not based on knowledge, since I have almost none when it comes to these areas as medicin and virology.

I have a fear that this type of DNA based vaccine will kick back in 5-10 years after it has been injected into peoples blood.

They have said there wasn't any side effect during fase 3 and this was positive.

I hope there isn't any side effect in a couple of month from now and not in 5 or 10 years from now.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 05:21 PM   #5349
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
They want us all to take a hurriedly developed substance with altered DNA?

No. You are lacking thousands of hydroxy groups here. Usually this form of abstinence leads to bitterness, stubbornness, and delusional disorder.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:22 PM   #5350
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Default New York imposes measures in 'last chance' against new wave

Quote:
New York has introduced new restrictions aimed at curbing coronavirus, with Mayor Bill de Blasio warning it was the city's "last chance" to stop a second wave.

Bars, restaurants and gyms must close by 22:00 and people can only meet in groups of 10 or less.

The US is seeing a surge in coronavirus - a record 61,964 Americans were in hospital on Tuesday.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54906483

Quote:
This is our LAST chance to stop a second wave.
We can do it, but we have to act NOW.

— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor)
https://nyccovidrate.com/

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 06:54 AM   #5351
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
As soon as BionTech/Pfizer announce their 90-percent-effective vaccine, Russia stated its "Sputnik" vaccine was at 92 percent. Honi soit qui mal y pense
Just wait for the NK figure. Oh, I forgot, they've only ever had one confirmed case

Old 11-12-20, 07:02 AM   #5352
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-12-20, 08:45 AM   #5353
Skybird
Soaring

The "genetic vaccines" must be seen as different variants that they indeed are, they are not al the same. the mRNA vaccines must be split into the so-called non-replicating and the self-amplifying mRNA (m for messenger), additonally there are DNA vaccines.

With mRNA vaccines, no deactivated virus material gets injected into the arm (as is the case with conventional vaccines), but just the plans for it. The immune system reads these as blueprints, creates so to speak an idea of what the viorus would look like that matches these construction plans, and then builds tailored weapons against it. So much for the theory. It seems to work in principle. Since noi virusses must be breed in cultures and just the blueprint of the vorus is enoguh ti have, such vaccines can be priodfuced much faster. However, logistically they are a nightmare. These new ones now must be stored at -70°C, and must be transported at these temperatures. Go figure. Refrigerators in labs and pharmacies are not generally able to read such temperatures. And the cooling chain should not be broken, under no cirumcstances.

The risk is that the mRNA triggers reactions form all across the body when it starts to interact in an unforseen way with the cells. Healthy cells, that are, that then nevertheless maye start to send stress signals to the immune system that "there is somethign alien around here". These signals are emitted via cytokines, messenger molecules. Some of these are more inflammatory than others. Its good to make the body using more of the less-inflammatory cytokines and less of the more-inflammatory cytokines, one calls this "modulating the immune system". Vitamine-D does this, hence the strong effect of it, because the feared cytokine storm is one of the biggest and most dangerous threats from Sars-Cov-2 - everything that raises chances to avoid it, is highly welcomed. The risk that there now may be with these new vaccines is, that they may cause a cytokine storm out of nothing, and from absolutely healthy organs, tissue, parts of the body, by cells misinterpreting the presence of the mRNA and hitting the alarm button. And then the immune system starts to launch its heavy bombers and cluster-bombs the whole area, causing only collateral damage.

We have no experience with this threat and cannot assess currently how it may change and increase or disappear over time the mRNA material is present in the blood stream. I think any expert claiming it is proven to be harmless, lies. It cannot have been proven after just some months, it is practically impossible. The experience of ten years we will only have after the passing of ten years, it cannot be gained by an accelerated simulation only. Any reasonable guessing here, after all is just right what it is being called: guessing.

There are no experiences with any of these so far, we do not have earlier experiences we could fall back to to assess the longterm consequences of these mRNA actors in the human body. There is no way to accelerate any simulated testing and squeeze lets say 10 and 20 years into a phase 3 trial lasting just months, its impossible.

The human genome consists to 8% of virus DNA already. It should be clear that this means any statement, as recently made, that the virus RNA could not influence the human DNA, should be seen with principle scepticism. Also consider the blatant lies of the WHO and in germany the RKI on detials of the unfolding pandemic and how to tackle it. I think - but I am a layman only - that the mRNA intersacting oiver time in unpredicted ways with the human cell'S genetic inlays, is possible. The big question is: to what degree, what the chances are. Answer: we do not know.

We also do not know how effective these new vaccines will be, and how big the drop in efficiency in older people is. Age is a factor influencing the efficiency of vaccines.

We also do not know how long the immunity gained will last. 4 years? 4 months?

We do not know when the virus mutates next and renders these vaccines toothless. I base on the belief that it will result in the need of seasonally new development of vaccines, like with flu shots. And the efficiency of the latter varies, and quite significantly, depending on how well they guessed regarding the next flu season: what virusses it will bring, and mixing the shot accordingly.

This is important to understand: a vaccination like this does not protect everybody who got it. The pretecitons reaches shorter the older the population is, and it varies depending on the mix for the shot when it is a seaosnal vaccination.

That are a bit too many question marks and unanswered questions as if I would be in a hurry to get vaccinated. Maybe I will, in the end, I am no principle vaccine rejector like some nutcases are, really not. But most likely rather later than sooner.

The personal coping strategy I have opted for, to me makes more sense, and it has served mankind very well, else we would have gone extinct already: supporting my immune system, doing what I know I can do to keep it well supplied and its components effectively functioning, achieving that by good supply in nutrition, vitamines, minerals, trace elements - and rejecting to follow the ill-making minimal doses given by the criminals at the WHO, DGE, RKI and other dubious organisations. Salt, iodine, selene, zinc, magnesium, mangan, vitamines A, B, C, D, E, K;, EPA, DHA, Q10, amino acids, cofactors - all that in documented, well-researched higher-than-the WHO-recommends doses.

really, we shoud niot ttrust thes meionstitutions so blindly, in some cases they have bertrayed and and lied to us since decades, and still do. Salt, iodine on my mind, next the conspitraiton to dfeend refined sugar and corn syrup. There is so much more. They loei and cheast, they cheat and lie. And always its the idnustry benefitting formt heir lies and people become ill, stay ill, die early. Strange, eh? We have no health systems. We havbe desease systems, and an idnustry has formed aporund it living of ill people. Thi sidnustry cannot live with healthy people, it cna onyl fister when people are ill. We have a pathological system, and doctors focussing on easing the suffering from symptoms - not on why the symptoms formed up in the first , but such doctoprs do not heal,

It already has served me surprisingly obvious health benefits to do like I started doing ealry spring, so that I regret I did not already didit earlier. I have hypertension, but significantly less so now, of the three drugs I needed to take, I have stopped one and have halved the other two, planning to abandon another one as well. My heart rate, alway shavign been hilariously high, went down by 20-25 poiunts to normal levels, after all my previous life. My craving my drinking much, my extreme sweating, my cravign for sweet taste, have all taken a serious bashing, a reduction to just fractions of my former needs. My notorious tooth pains have reduced very significantly, so has my gum bleeding and my extremely fast building tooth calcerosa since 6 months is - gone.

My Dad had a stroke, is diabetic, has hypoertension. His drug mix has been reduced as well, he feels better alone by taking 4-5 times as much salt as he previously did. My mum had health sisues as well, and an underlying vulnerability for depression. She too outperfomrs herself since she started to change her diet according to my feedback and new books, and her mood is so good like it has not been in iover ten years. Both their doctors are - well, perplexed.

If I would follow the advice of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung DGE or the WHO, I would still be - sick. Lets call it as what it is. SICK. Thats what they lead us to to be.

Telling my doctor some weeks ago what I take and to what ammounts, he just rolled his eyes, he is very conservative. But after I had orderd several additional blood tests for whom I had to pay myself since they were variables not covered by the health insurrance, an dsinc ehe had a look at them, he does neither laugh nor roll his eyes anymore. He is just - you guessed it maybe - perplexed.

Perplexing othodox doctors is fun! Actually, seen this way, Corona has acchieved something positive for me. I have substantially rehabiliated my health status, and my nutrients input. And I got rid of two of four drugs I took for years, and can maybe get rid of the other two as well with time. Thank you, Corona, you motivated me to do this. I owe you one.

This and the circumstances I live in (single and alone, and being pretty much withdrawn from the world and its people, and being quite a bit non-social by nature), are the reasons why I am in no hurry for gettign vaccinated. Not at all. I fulyl understand, however,m that I am kind of priviliged and that there are many people who could not afford to live like this, nor would want it. As I said, in principle I am quite unsocial and prefer to stay a bit apart.

I do not think I have become untouchable for the vorus. It cna bite me, cna finect me nevertheless. I know this, and enver have I cliamed that my tips "heal" corona. But they might shift chances in my favour that then I need to suffer not a seriosu, threatneign form of it, but just a mild case. Thats what it is about: Changing propabilities for a mild case in your favour.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-12-20 at 09:23 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 09:36 AM   #5354
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Get the german/american AND the russian vaccine, so you have 182 percent protection..
Or you will mutate into a creature only voting for republicans
So there's a new conspiracy theory to believe!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 11:45 AM   #5355
Skybird
Soaring

Hollow-Earth reptiloids like me have natural immunity against vaccines like these. We recommend vitamines only to mock those stupid mammals actually believing all this stupid nonsense we write.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan