Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-19-10, 11:48 PM   #466
woofiedog
Engineer

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Excellent work on the Wespe and the other models in your latest screens... looking very good.

A line up of Wespe's in field operations and along a road and one other site about German SP's.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...22Wespe%22.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2Hummel%22.jpg

http://www.lonesentry.com/insectseries/index.html

Old 03-19-10, 11:58 PM   #467
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default SdKfz 124 Wespe

Thanks Woofiedog

ZW

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 02:13 PM   #468
animal
Watch

Downloads: 0

it looks like a Hummel, Sig33, Nashorn and then finally the Wespe.

The Brumbar had a "socket" type gun mount and lacked that small piece of armor that slides up and down with the gun on the sig33.
I may be able tell the difference between the two from a mile, but I'll never figure out why the germans would make both.
Man they had some crazy ideas.

I've been following the progress on this for awhile now but just joined the forums, I'm very interested in paying what I have to to get this game when the time comes...

One last thing... anyone else play this game in 3d? i use the nvidia 3d vision and I'll tell ya there's nothing more satisfying then watching a hot round sail out to target and connect when you've got the extra depth perception. For the sake of 3d - compatability is descent and it really adds to the fun. I am by no means a veteran though and am a long ways from proficient at the game, my play until now has been more of a "tinkering"

I've been waiting for a good tank sim since Panzer Commander and here it is*

Does anyone know where i can buy a copy of t34 v tiger in canada?

thx and ill keep a close eye on things here!
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 04:46 PM   #469
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal View Post
it looks like a Hummel, Sig33, Nashorn and then finally the Wespe.

The Brumbar had a "socket" type gun mount and lacked that small piece of armor that slides up and down with the gun on the sig33.
I may be able tell the difference between the two from a mile, but I'll never figure out why the germans would make both.
Man they had some crazy ideas.

I've been following the progress on this for awhile now but just joined the forums, I'm very interested in paying what I have to to get this game when the time comes...

One last thing... anyone else play this game in 3d? i use the nvidia 3d vision and I'll tell ya there's nothing more satisfying then watching a hot round sail out to target and connect when you've got the extra depth perception. For the sake of 3d - compatability is descent and it really adds to the fun. I am by no means a veteran though and am a long ways from proficient at the game, my play until now has been more of a "tinkering"

I've been waiting for a good tank sim since Panzer Commander and here it is*

Does anyone know where i can buy a copy of t34 v tiger in canada?

thx and ill keep a close eye on things here!
Hello animal,

The Brumbar was built on the Pz 4 hull and the sIG33 was built (on the Pz III hull ) from a special order of 24 units for Stalingrad.
The only sIG33s to survive for Kursk was the ones that were not completed and shipped to Stalingrad.
Of those, (7 units) fought to break-out the surrounded Kameraden
at Stalingrad. So I figured I would have them show up at Kursk again.

Try this link for a bargain price and welcome aboard :
http://www.gogamer.com/WWII-Battle-T...VVviewprod.htm

ZeeWolf
Old 03-21-10, 10:34 PM   #470
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default Tank Ditch

Hey Guys check this out

ZeeWolf

Old 03-22-10, 04:37 AM   #471
BennoBoom
Swabbie

Ahoy ZeeWolf
Just to say thank you for the Mod pack and the new Mission 6.
It has really done TvT good
Danke mein herr
Benno
BennoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 11:34 AM   #472
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Thanks BennoBoom, your welcome!

ZeeWolf
Old 03-22-10, 12:46 PM   #473
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Looking good ZW! Going to have to build up a lot of speed to jump across that ditch,lol
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 02:49 PM   #474
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Looking good ZW! Going to have to build up a lot of speed to jump across that ditch,lol
Thanks eddie,
You'll probably like this too. For an after Kursk release.

ZeerWolf
Old 03-23-10, 02:07 AM   #475
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default AI behaviour

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!before we get to see that bridge we will have to survive the first fifteen minutes on the battlefield; the artillery barrage, the mines, the hordes of T34/85, KVs, JS2s, SU 76/85/100 , the AT guns, the anti tank ditches.....

Excellent work Zee as usual.

One thing Zee beofre the release would it be possible to somehow tame our wingmen so they just don't rush forward and either get killed in the first 2 minutes of the mission or kill everything in sight before we've had time to move and catch up????Last week I played the Tigers Shake Kurtenki misison and my wingman took off like a madman and in 8 minutes killed everything in sight. I rushed to catch up and when I arrived at the ned he was finishing off the last AT gun.I was left with a mission successful with 6 infantry kills to my credit and barely 4 shots fired!!!!

This kind of behaviour could become a real problem in the Kursk relase considering the magnitude of the challenges we will face.We want wingmen to protect our sides and rear while we take on the Sov positions.If you could instill just a little bit of restraint so they still take an active role but leave you the player in control would be terrific!

Beautiful scenery, Your maps are really grandiose Zee!

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 06:18 AM   #476
BennoBoom
Swabbie

Hi'
Just for your oppinion , I have a mediocre PC - 2.53GHZ/ 2 GB Ram/ 128 MB GF videocard. XP-sp3 / will I be able to run Kursk reasonably
BennoBoom
BennoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 07:45 AM   #477
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Graphic card

Benno I tried installing the game on a laptop with a 128 mg card , Windows XP, 2 gigs RAM and a 2.0 processor and the game would not even start.I have it on a 256 mb and it runs fines but barely.I have to run everything low and with resolution of 840 X 600.My FPS is in the low teens or even lower. But thanks to ZeeWolf´s mod it does not stutter.I have it on a 512 mb with 4 RAM and it runs well albeit with FPS in the mid to upper teens.I sincerely doubt that with your graphic card the game would run .If it runs brace yourself for slow motion, stuttering or even freezes.But try and see what happens...
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 09:55 AM   #478
eddie
Ocean Warrior

That bridge looks great, but I'm at a loss as to which bridge it is, or where its located?
Old 03-23-10, 12:49 PM   #479
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
That bridge looks great, but I'm at a loss as to which bridge it is, or where its located?
Me too! But I would like to model the one on the Deniper if you have any details of one that I can use to model it I would appreciate that very much.
I had in mind the fighting withdrawal across that river around Kremenchung

ZeeWolf
Old 03-23-10, 02:57 PM   #480
eddie
Ocean Warrior

ZW, I haven't been able to find a picture of bridges in that area, but came across this article describing the bridge as being made of wood.

"The long wooden bridge at Kremenchug alone had to serve as a crossing point for ten divisions, six of which were panzer divisions. The XI Infantry Corps was put in charge of the river crossing and was assigned two special staffs to assist in this mission. One staff had to make certain that the march order was observed on the north bank and had to enforce one-way traffic in order to ensure a steady flow of approaching units. The other special staff was employed on the south bank of the river at Kryukov with the mission of assuring the rapid debouchment of the divisions. Although the mission sounded simple enough, its execution presented all manner of difficulties. Even before the previously scheduled withdrawal of garrison installations and unwieldy army and army group supply units had been completed, the situation demanded that the panzer divisions cross immediately. Some Russian parachute troops had meanwhile landed on the other side of the river and their ground forces had begun to cross the river upstream. Only motorized units were capable of reaching the south bank of the river between the bridges in time to restore the situation. In order to give the panzer divisions precedence over other units, it was necessary to stop all traffic and clear the roads for the tanks. For five days mixed columns of all arms extending over many miles camped in the adjacent fields or, wherever this was impossible because of the many swamps, they kept to the side of the road and waited for the signal that would allow them to continue on their way. Their campfires were close to their foxholes. Alongside these columns, or trapped between them, were streams of refugees and herds of cattle"

Will keep looking though!