Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-08, 10:45 AM   #436
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

*Dowly wakes up, feeling relaxed and full of joy. He ALT+TABs back to EVE Online and starts to spam the help channel with queries on where to buy Me109. Moments later Dowly's account is suspended, no refunds.*

Old 08-15-08, 10:56 AM   #437
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Ah, Tobruk... More Spitfires.... FOR ME TO SHOOT YOU LUFTWAFFLES WITH!
you make Göring cry...

HunterICX
Old 08-15-08, 12:18 PM   #438
Dowly
Lucky Jack

He's a crybaby anyways.
Old 08-15-08, 02:26 PM   #439
Suicide Charlie
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 0

Set up a BoB campaign for the hell of it last night, just to kind of see what you guys would have been playing. Picked the British side... Jeez... It's a good thing you guys are playing as the Germans. Because there's no Spitfire Mk. I only Hurricane's are availible. Makes being a German a piece of cake.

I don't know how I managed to survive as long as I did. All but three Hurricanes out of 16 I believe, not including myself were shot down within 5-10 minutes of Bf-109's showing up on scene. Trying to maintain any sort of energy advantage or even just a reserve seemed impossible. Not having a fuel injected engine really makes a difference.
Old 08-15-08, 03:04 PM   #440
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Veteran A.I? oh mamma help me

Old 08-15-08, 06:36 PM   #441
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

One more killed for Leutnant Obie, just gotta work on these desert landings As Hunter said though, at least the sand cushions your ass as it skids along the ground The first sortee I got shot down although I didn't see or hear the impact, the engine just cut out, I thought it was an overheat or too much use of the GM1, so down into the desert I went.
Second sortee I managed to saw a wing off a Hurri MkIIb at close range which surprised me, and then one stuck itself on my tail and wouldn't do the decent thing and sod off. So with no-one else in the area I called in my AI wingmen and then closed in and killed it. I'm beginning to like my wingmen now
Third sortee Hunter got himself in a pickle with two Hurris on his six, I was in the area so I dived and overheated myself over there to help, managed to scrape them off his six and then closed to engage. One Hurri did a bizarre move, it must have been a server thing because he moved forward and starboard on a level flight without turning or banking just as I got a line on him. So I turned and lined up again, opened up with both, he twisted and spun out to starboard so I considered him 'down' but sadly he must have levelled out and escaped because I didn't get a kill. Eh well, live and let live
Had to hurry up my landing procedures because the AI was doing something funky with the bombers, no idea what, things were alright out on my little island base Although on the second sortee something went wrong and one of my squadron crashed in the hills near the base, not sure what that was about. :hmm:
Old 08-16-08, 02:44 AM   #442
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Sorry for my absence yesterday. I decided to take a small nap on the couch and woke up this morning, so there goes Friday evening

Looks like you had fairly good sorties once again, and those bloody brits got what they deserved. But about GM-1, how did you end up using that? It's the high-altitude boost. :hmm:

Last edited by Fincuan; 08-16-08 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-16-08, 03:37 AM   #443
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
Sorry for my absence yesterday. I decided to take a small nap on the couch and woke up this morning, so there guys Friday evening
Ouch....proofs you where very tired then.

I'm really having fun in the BF110 already turned about 20 ground targets into dust.

and in that first sortie we disovered that a desert map with fog is really horrible you wont see the runway unless you're flying straight over it...

HunterICX

Last edited by HunterICX; 08-16-08 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-16-08, 05:47 AM   #444
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

@ Obi
Are you sure the Emil has GM1?:hmm:
You should really test the F4 a bit more often (offline if you want to), the increase in performance gives you really an edge over the Hurricanes, Kittyhawks and even the Spitfires. The F4 doesn't handle that differently at all, just try it a few times and you won't want your Emil back.
Old 08-16-08, 06:25 AM   #445
Dowly
Lucky Jack

What ya using the boost for? It's emergency! Not to be used when not really needed. It'll overheat your engine quickly and overall, it doesnt do good for the engine.
Old 08-16-08, 07:58 AM   #446
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Yeah, it came up that it was a GM1 :hmm: I was trying to get across to where the Hurricanes were all over Schroeder at full speed
Now that I have the powers of the Dark Side, I will have to give the Freddie a go, although I quite like my little island base
Old 08-16-08, 06:16 PM   #447
Dowly
Lucky Jack

From now on, I'm thinking of starting a VERY simple, personal, AAR.

It's in 3 sections, first being the "Too close for comfort" moment of the night. The second one being my guncamera recordings of every attack I made during the sorties, resulted it to a kill or not. 3rd section's just a simple overall statistics of my sorties on that night.

The first "official" TCFC moment was between me & Schroeder tonight, on the 2nd sortie. Schroeder was attacking my wingman, so I got into his 6. After a few head on passes, he pulled up and I followed, resulting in both of us stalling and spinning pretty much next to eachother downwards (A decent view of the spin in the guncamera vid below).

Guncamera recording, Tobruk, 16/8/08:

Sortie #1 - Plane: Spitfire - Kills: 0 - Damaged: 1 - Result: Bailed Out
Sortie #2 - Plane: Spitfire - Kills: 0 - Damaged: 1 - Result: Bailed Out
Sortie #3 - Plane: Tomahawk - Kills: 1 - Damaged: 1 - Result: KIA
Old 08-16-08, 06:47 PM   #448
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Me getting told by Schultz to wait my turn after flying two sorties this morning (where I am). Nice flying with you guys. Managed to bag a Kiwi Warhawk and a C47 but got hoplessly lost in cloud on my first sortie.

Old 08-16-08, 07:46 PM   #449
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Looks like you guys had fun tonight! () I Didn't ''some scumbag S.O.B'S'' took my Wheels for a joyride tonight Stole it from my friends house as i was taking a virus from his P.C. It was a 5 ...10 min.visit and my Blood (piss) was boiling, The local police have apprehended the ****bags, but my
motorbike is impounded for forensic test's HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL for this

Old 08-17-08, 02:46 AM   #450
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Great weather in Libya - Rain, wind and clouds