Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 07-03-08, 11:03 AM   #346
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
That youtube clip for IL-2 console, is that in game graphics?

Looks way better then normal IL-2
as far as i know, yes thats the game graphics, there was speculation that it was IL-2 engine but Anton Yudintsev says ''its done with our own Dagor Engine 3.0 (next-gen edition).''
Lets hope my usb joystick will be compatible with the xbox 360 vers.

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 12:46 PM   #347
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder
Well, I didn't see much of a relevant difference (I've never played BoBII myself and have only this video for comparison). The AI in BoB made some critical mistakes during the turnfights and could have been shot down on several occasions. So, except from some different maneuvers I don't see the big advantage of the BoB AI.:hmm:
You said it yourself. The AI makes mistakes in BoBII, they panic, stall, spin, misjudge their altitude and crash. And add to that the dozens of different tactics and combat maneuvers the AI can perform (Immelmanns, BF110 Luftberry's and the list is growing when 2.08 is released). The AI doesnt unload it's magazines when in bad firing position (ala IL2) nor does it pull 100G turns.

The best there is and no other is even close.
That's the critical difference, in BoBII you feel like you're fighting a human, whereas in IL2 you're fighting Arnie the Terminator. That being said, I've been to shoot down more in BoB than in IL2, can fly the Spits and Hurris easier too. Strange, but then again, there's good and bad things about both sides, but there's no doubting the community surrounding BoBII, those guys are incredible!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 12:48 PM   #348
Oberon
Lucky Jack

One other thing...Dowly...that's not standard sound in that 109 in the IL2 vid...for one thing it actually sounds like a 109
I won't ask where you got it from, but what kind of experiences have you had with it? I've heard bad things about online play with these kinds of... 'modifications'.
No, don't worry Hunter, I'm not going to ask for links and that, just a general opinion and then I'll nay mention it again
Old 07-03-08, 01:57 PM   #349
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
One other thing...Dowly...that's not standard sound in that 109 in the IL2 vid...for one thing it actually sounds like a 109
I won't ask where you got it from, but what kind of experiences have you had with it? I've heard bad things about online play with these kinds of... 'modifications'.
No, don't worry Hunter, I'm not going to ask for links and that, just a general opinion and then I'll nay mention it again
I absolutely love the 109&190 sounds I have!!! Experiences? Umm... read the first sentense. :p

You can only play online with mods enabled if the server doesnt have the file check setting on. I personally use it only offline & on Hunter's server.

You'd be amazed how much have been done to IL2 via mods.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 02:04 PM   #350
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I absolutely love the 109&190 sounds I have!!! Experiences? Umm... read the first sentense. :p

You can only play online with mods enabled if the server doesnt have the file check setting on. I personally use it only offline & on Hunter's server.

You'd be amazed how much have been done to IL2 via mods.
I shall have to examine my options Thanks for the info Gotta admit, that 109 sounds like a beaut
Old 07-07-08, 07:03 PM   #351
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Seem to remember someone saying,this is gonna be a turkeyshoot '''' ''for whom'' was Schroders reply he wasnt wrong :rotfl: four 109's against 42 opponents if i remember correct (not sure now too much ale) Roll up Roll up only two euro's a pop @ him, :rotfl::rotfl: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...17033139833391

Old 07-08-08, 12:38 AM   #352
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

WWIIOL Stuka Raid on Tienen:
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 05:01 AM   #353
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
Seem to remember someone saying,this is gonna be a turkeyshoot '''' ''for whom'' was Schroders reply he wasnt wrong :rotfl: four 109's against 42 opponents if i remember correct (not sure now too much ale) Roll up Roll up only two euro's a pop @ him, :rotfl::rotfl: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...17033139833391
Oh, yes. I really wondered how many of them were there....

"Come on guys, make a line. There is enough Schroeder for everyone...":rotfl:

Last edited by Schroeder; 07-08-08 at 08:58 AM.
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 06:45 AM   #354
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder
Quote:
Oh, yes. I really wondered how many of them were there....

"Comne on guys, make a line. There is enough Schroeder for everyone...":rotfl:
Damn did we got our Hungarian butts kicked by the Russian forces....
after that, must say thought we didnt bomb anything succesfully in the Pe-2 sortie it was a great flight and fighting off the 109's and even schröder managed to down one

HunterICX
Old 07-08-08, 08:58 AM   #355
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Come on, you damaged the one until he didn't fight back anymore. I just gave it the final kiss of death.
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 10:11 AM   #356
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Is this what all the fuss was about on the runway,I honestly thought i was going to make this one.The other crate was just trickling along,and my past history of aborting landings and doing re-runs are not very successful,I normally do the turn and start ploughing the outer perimeter.So i felt the force was with me and decided to execute the landing, I think if the fat controller could get his hands on me i would be executed

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...64922&hl=en-GB

Old 07-17-08, 10:20 AM   #357
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

And...that's why they'll never let us fly again
Old 07-22-08, 07:49 AM   #358
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

I thought we already had one maverick in the squad :hmm: looks like we have two now. Raptor i'm surprised you even got your crate to take off, you must have been carrying all the ammo from the dump, the amount of ammo you dispensed at the enemy, i was surprised you had so much left to fire on poor old Schultz.

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...=sillyness.flv

Old 07-26-08, 01:39 PM   #359
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

A little clip of the last sortie's landings from last night. Just realised Schroeder should have been first in line to land,but couldn't be @ssed to re-edit
I was going to make a vid of the whole sortie,but as you can see from the vid, online ntrk's take a big fps hit and the trk's get all screwed up iejust look at fincuans landing) ''the last landing'' I know there were dozens of stuka's queuing to land,but the clip shows like you were in a hurry to get on the ground :p.. and poor Oberon, your pilot must have been concussed after the flak hit you...

http://www.vimeo.com/1412130

Old 07-26-08, 02:47 PM   #360
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
A little clip of the last sortie's landings from last night. Just realised Schroeder should have been first in line to land,but couldn't be @ssed to re-edit
I was going to make a vid of the whole sortie,but as you can see from the vid, online ntrk's take a big fps hit and the trk's get all screwed up iejust look at fincuans landing) ''the last landing'' I know there were dozens of stuka's queuing to land,but the clip shows like you were in a hurry to get on the ground :p.. and poor Oberon, your pilot must have been concussed after the flak hit you...

http://www.vimeo.com/1412130
Concussed?!