Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-08, 01:59 AM   #331
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
I've seen the switcher too, but I assume you have to install it before installing 4.09. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll find it again...

I'm curious to see what Hunter has to say. :hmm:

P.S. Sorry, the coughing went over my head!

P.P.S. But what are they set to? Please don't tell me I have to ******* around with engine management...
At least with the modded version of the switcher you have to patch up and mod the game, then use the switcher. I've never used to other one so I don't know about that. The caughing was because IL2 mods are still a bit of a no-no in Subsim(and most other IL2 forums). In many places that policy has been revised to allow conversation on them but no links, but I haven't seen such a notification here yet.

In difficulty settings I think we have "No speedbar", "no outside view" and "no map path" switches off while the rest are on. So yes you have to manage the engine, but the good thing is it's completely automatic in the 109. The throttle is all you need.
Old 08-05-08, 02:11 AM   #332
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
Quote:
I've seen the switcher too, but I assume you have to install it before installing 4.09. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll find it again...

P.P.S. But what are they set to? Please don't tell me I have to ******* around with engine management...
At least with the modded version of the switcher you have to patch up and mod the game, then use the switcher. I've never used to other one so I don't know about that. The caughing was because IL2 mods are still a bit of a no-no in Subsim(and most other IL2 forums). In many places that policy has been revised to allow conversation on them but no links, but I haven't seen such a notification here yet.

In difficulty settings I think we have "No speedbar", "no outside view" and "no map path" switches off while the rest are on. So yes you have to manage the engine, but the good thing is it's completely automatic in the 109. The throttle is all you need.
What, no padlocking? Why on earth...!?
Old 08-05-08, 02:18 AM   #333
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

As for the 4.09b1m and why we wont use it.

The patch was released months ago and me & Hunter talked about it in MSN shortly. We decided to wait for the full 4.09 patch before moving on from 4.08m. At the time, the full patch SHOULD have been only 2-4weeks away, but we're still waiting.

Also, now to think of it, does anyone know if DCG works with the new patch?

I have no objections to move onwards to 4.09b1m, from what I've read, it should be pretty stable. :hmm:
Old 08-05-08, 02:20 AM   #334
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We have padlocking, read it again "NO outside view turned off".
Old 08-05-08, 02:26 AM   #335
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We have padlocking, read it again "NO outside view turned off".
Hrm, well, yeah there is that... though I'd prefer to stay in my cockpit... external padlock seems a bit "cheaty" to me... :p

I can't really understand why you allow external padlock but not internal.
Old 08-05-08, 02:31 AM   #336
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Hrm, well, yeah there is that... though I'd prefer to stay in my cockpit... external padlock seems a bit "cheaty" to me... :p

I can't really understand why you allow external padlock but not internal.
I fly my offline campaigns with locked pit, but the online campaign allows externals simply because we're not all used to fly without externals, landings, take offs etc. might prove to be too hard.
Old 08-05-08, 03:16 AM   #337
Fincuan
Admiral

Quote:

I have no objections to move onwards to 4.09b1m, from what I've read, it should be pretty stable. :hmm:
DCG should work with the 4.09 beta no problems, at least I haven't seen anyone say otherwise. I do know it works well offline. The core of 4.09 beta, the dlls, are indeed very stable. I've had one CTD with them, and that was probably because of a cloudmod I was experimenting with.
Old 08-05-08, 03:27 AM   #338
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
I'm using them both. No problems in Auto mode. I had problems in Full-Auto, but I was having those problems in 4.08 too.
Old 08-05-08, 03:34 AM   #339
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
I fly my offline campaigns with locked pit, but the online campaign allows externals simply because we're not all used to fly without externals, landings, take offs etc. might prove to be too hard.
I hear you, but for me the tasks of taking off and landing have always been a piece of cake in comparison to the task of trying to keep track of where an enemy plane is without padlock. I guess if I had an analogue hat it'd be easier, but I don't, and trying to use the mouse and joystick at the same time is like trying to do one of those physically "impossible" things (like pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time).

I guess there's no point debating it since realism settings can't be changed mid-campaign. I'm just surprised at the choice of settings.
Old 08-05-08, 03:38 AM   #340
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
The caughing was because IL2 mods are still a bit of a no-no in Subsim(and most other IL2 forums). In many places that policy has been revised to allow conversation on them but no links, but I haven't seen such a notification here yet.
Er... why are IL2 mods taboo?
There's only two sticky's in this forum, and having glanced at them both I didn't see anything about IL2 mods being off-limits.

Edit: nm, I found the answers: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127606
Old 08-05-08, 03:45 AM   #341
Fincuan
Admiral

Quote:
Er... why are IL2 mods taboo?
There's only two sticky's in this forum, and having glanced at them both I didn't see anything about IL2 mods being off-limits.
In this case it seems to be because of Subsim's general policy, since the modding is being done without permission from 1C/Maddox Games. At least I'm under that impression. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong so we can start a mod conversation

edit: I just saw the thread you found. That settles it.
Old 08-05-08, 03:52 AM   #342
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Totally OT, I just realised... I've started posting on a flight sim forum and my title says "Maverick" in it.

And now that I'm thinking that way, my avatar even looks a bit like...

Oh, bugger.
Old 08-05-08, 04:28 AM   #343
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Did I understand that correclty, you don't have any coolie-hat?
Old 08-05-08, 04:51 AM   #344
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder
Did I understand that correclty, you don't have any coolie-hat?
What's a coolie-hat?
I'm talking about the POV "hat" on the joystick. Mine is a basic 8-directional, non-analogue (what's the word for that?) hat. An analogue hat would be easier to use (assuming IL2 accepts them as a form of input for looking around).
Old 08-05-08, 05:18 AM   #345
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Mods & Patches,

the 4.09m Beta patch,
the main reason is that Public IL2 servers are still running 4.08m, I think that would change if the FULL 4.09m will ever be released. (I'm too wondering why it isnt out yet.)

Mods,
I do not mind that the word has been dropped from time to time, that some of you use it while joined my server I'm fine with that as long it doesnt interupt the gameplay(its hard to get around it nowadays), but I'm firmly against sharing links for the IL2 Mods, also I rather do not have complete discussions about them.
the big no-no here at subsim is mainly due that the 1Cgames/Oleg forbids it and ofcourse you require the IL2FB.EXE to be cracked in order for the mods to work.

HunterICX