SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-08, 06:29 AM   #3256
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Here is the file:
http://files.filefront.com/Messersch.../fileinfo.html

As for my Watch Officer, I've tried removing him, with no luck. It still drops back to 1x every few seconds. I have 'When Near Land' set for 64x, so that's not the problem.
Old 02-21-08, 06:38 AM   #3257
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Here is the file:
http://files.filefront.com/Messersch.../fileinfo.html

As for my Watch Officer, I've tried removing him, with no luck. It still drops back to 1x every few seconds. I have 'When Near Land' set for 64x, so that's not the problem.
Have rec'd the Me109 skin. Will test it in the next couple of days.

Regarding the removal of the WO and TC still dropping, what that says to me is that if any watchman spots a unit, it will drop TC whether or not there is a verbal notification. (Each represents a visual sensor at any rate.)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 07:25 AM   #3258
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Well, I can see where it might take a couple of days real time to get through the Kanal. The highest I've been able to get is 8x, and that only for one second or less. I haven't experienced this problem in the past, and I've always used some form of 16km mod or other.

As for the Bf-109, it wasn't until you mentioned rebuilding them that I remembered: all those clear canopies with pilots inside didn't just appear out of nowhere. As much as I like that skin, it is pretty old.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 02-21-08 at 08:42 AM.
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 10:06 AM   #3259
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The only option you have IMO is to up the TC of near land, sighting aircraft, ships etc. Once through the canal, save, exit and change the TC back before recommencing patrol.
What a feck on

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 10:23 AM   #3260
lorcan3
Sailor man

Downloads: 83
Default problems with GWX 2.0

First the torpedos then someone says "Hey check out my files on Megaupload!". Sorry laddie. Not only do your files suck, but they crash AFTER you click on the map in the room. I didn't add anything to my boat except crewmembers. But every single time I clicked on the map, 3/4 of the way it crashed when downloading a mission in the career mode. PLUS it has a dating thing that pops up time after time that showed people from my state wanting a love mate. I don't like having to turn off my monitor AFTER my 16 year old daughter turns it on when it shows a few women bending over forward not wearing any undies! Try explainin' THAT to your wife after your daughter complains about it!
lorcan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 10:24 AM   #3261
lorcan3
Sailor man

Downloads: 83
Default problems with GWX 2.0

Does ANYBODY have files that work that will correct these problems yet run smoothly?That's all I'm askin'.
lorcan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 11:09 AM   #3262
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
The only option you have IMO is to up the TC of near land, sighting aircraft, ships etc. Once through the canal, save, exit and change the TC back before recommencing patrol.
What a feck on
My 'Near Land' TC is already set to 64! It won't go past 8, and then for less than a second before dropping back to 1!

indeed.:rotfl:

On the other hand, I'm just testing stuff right now anyway, not trying to run a real career. We'll see what happens when I get serious.
Old 02-21-08, 12:25 PM   #3263
Gezur(Arbeit)
Soundman

Downloads: 0

Is it normal that the mast-length is differnt from what the ID-book shows?

If we take the picture (with 30 meters hight) the mast (x2) should be 60 M.

ID says 37 meters. ID-picture says 30 meters.
Gezur(Arbeit) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 02:00 PM   #3264
harzfeld
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcan3
Does ANYBODY have files that work that will correct these problems yet run smoothly?That's all I'm askin'.
I think the files you would need is MD5 Mate to be sure u have download full files and correction full installation procedures. Also I think you may have some spywares, u should run anti-spyware to clean em out, maybe anti-virus too.
harzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 04:46 PM   #3265
Christoff
Watch

Downloads: 36

I can't see this being a fault of GWX myself.
And it's not very sporting to say that someones' hard work 'Sucks' either m8.
That's exactly the 'Not' way to get help.
I've found if you ask nicely and explain your problem, You get a lot more help than you can cope with, and more times than not, someone on here can solve it.
Christoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-08, 04:56 PM   #3266
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezur(Arbeit)
Is it normal that the mast-length is differnt from what the ID-book shows?

If we take the picture (with 30 meters hight) the mast (x2) should be 60 M.

ID says 37 meters. ID-picture says 30 meters.
The ID images in the recognition manual are not to scale, that's why you have the info you do running along the top. If they were made to be in scale, the would not fit the page horizontally.
Old 02-21-08, 04:58 PM   #3267
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

@ lorcan3

Visit the GWX homepage and view the FAQ section. Read about how to use MD5 mate and check out your GWX installation files. While there, make sure you have followed the installation instructions to the letter.
Old 02-22-08, 05:12 AM   #3268
Acorn Minor
Watch

Location: Melbourne - Australia's Original Capital, No.1 Sports City & the World's Most Liveable City
Downloads: 4
Default Lightships and "Das Boot" Officer Faces in GWX 2.0

Guten tag, Kameraden!

I've just downloaded and installed GWX 2.0, and I'm giving it a thorough shakedown cruise. I'm running the English version of SH3.

One of the first things I noticed was that the recognition book didn't have lightships in it. I didn't think much about this at the time. However, on a recent patrol near Hull, I came across an enemy tug, and nearby was a lightship. After sinking the tug, I attempted to line up on the lightship and nothing would lock, nor would the crew recognise it as a visual sighting. I closed to 300 metres, and still nothing. I put three torpedoes into it, resulting in fires and smoke, but it wouldn't sink.

I've done a search through this thread and the only reference to lightships is a hotfix for the German keyboard (which includes a recognition page for lightships). My first questions: Is there a glitch in the English version relating to the lightship, and if so, is there (or will there be) a fix?

My second issue relates to a mod that replaced the stock officer, hydrophone and sonar faces in SH3 with some from "Das Boot". Is this mod compatible with GWX 2.0? Is so, what is the best way to load it on?

Cheers and thanks in anticipation,

Tim.
Acorn Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 05:57 AM   #3269
mariuszj1939
Loader

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn Minor
Guten tag, Kameraden!

I've just downloaded and installed GWX 2.0, and I'm giving it a thorough shakedown cruise. I'm running the English version of SH3.

One of the first things I noticed was that the recognition book didn't have lightships in it. I didn't think much about this at the time. However, on a recent patrol near Hull, I came across an enemy tug, and nearby was a lightship. After sinking the tug, I attempted to line up on the lightship and nothing would lock, nor would the crew recognise it as a visual sighting. I closed to 300 metres, and still nothing. I put three torpedoes into it, resulting in fires and smoke, but it wouldn't sink.
I found also tug boat and lightship. You are right I saw lightship but she was not visible on the map (only tug boat) !
mariuszj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 06:34 AM   #3270
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariuszj1939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn Minor
Guten tag, Kameraden!

I found also tug boat and lightship. You are right I saw lightship but she was not visible on the map (only tug boat) !
I think the lightships are modelled as 'land objects' instead of ships for some reason. As I understand it, there is a small boat placed nearby to give the watch crew something to 'see'.

Fate opposes me in vitality and morality, forced ever onward, burdened, always in shackles.
So this very moment, without tarrying, pluck the quivering strings. Because fate punishes the one who plays, all lament with me.

(http://hosted.filefront.com/KatherineRowan)
3Jane is offline   Reply With Quote