Old 04-28-20, 04:59 PM   #3241
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
yes the payment isn't that great
I meant it still doe snot pa yoff for the famers to pay thes elow wages if the workers cannot dleiver the harvestign quota.
Quote:
do you think our government will enforce young men and women to do these thing-force them to do work they don't like, such as working with farming or gardening or maybe in the forrest ?
Civil rights. I do not kinow how striong these are defende din Sweden, I assume poretty much. I just read minutes ago thzat the first federal state court in the Saarland has ruled that the government must immediately lift the banning of free movement. After four weeks and with rising virus reproduction value they nevertheless now use courts to enforce an end to strict anti-cirus measurements. I cannot imagine how such a legal system would allow forced labour if any of the sentenced workers challenged any such commands by the governments.

Its a crazy world. And we will pay the price for it. Its way too soon for all that easing of lockdown. I just hope the judges ruling to break the lockdown in the Saarland will be amongst the next falling victim to the virus. They should eat the medicine they distribute.
Old 04-28-20, 05:07 PM   #3242
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Thank you Skybird for your reply.

When reading your answer I came to think on state of emergency

I hope it will not come so far, that our politicians in Denmark and/or Sweden will introduce a state of emergency.

I hope that we next year will look back and say...never again.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 05:37 PM   #3243
Skybird
Soaring

This all will not be over next year. The financial-economic-social fallout will haunt us for many years to come.

I think there will be a vaccine for Covid19, I hope so at least, but guaranteed that is not. Mind you, we still have no vaccine for the ordinary cold. HIV. Several other Corona virusses.

A vaccine is the only reasonable exist strategy we have.

Immunization seems to be given after recovery, German virologists say, but it means not to last for longer than maybe 1-3 years. Later reinfections may be milder, but you still can infect others, and be taken out yourself again.

And ever new complications and symptoms of this virus get discovered, some of them really nightmarish.
Old 04-28-20, 10:16 PM   #3244
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Youtube sent me a recommended video, because I had watched this Canadian preppers video's before ...
It's only 15 minutes long and I couldn't get a hang on what he was trying to say, but he even admits that he doesn't know what is going on.

Yet he has some good points ... If you watch it and listen to him watch it again a second time and turn the sound off.

Really good sharp images about what is going on. I still can't figure out who these mad people are that want to go back to work
and who are the people saying stay at home.

Kind of confusing due to I stay at home as a writer anyway

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 01:01 AM   #3245
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Deaths will drop off when most all the susceptible people have died. Then after that most deaths will be people who in the meantime joined the ranks of being susceptible because of acquiring some other condition. So in a way deaths from other causes will be reduced because they'll catch this virus at some point and die from it instead of the thing that would have eventually killed them anyway. Stopping the world isn't going to let them survive. We stopped the world to give people who will die a few more months on earth. I've got hypertension so I might eventually be one of them, unless I get treated with hydroxychloroquine early instead of too late, but hey I'd be going to the VA, and I can't slip over to Colombia or Thailand to get it either so....

What we've done will probably increase the number of deaths because people who would have been getting treated for some other problem aren't now, and those people will probably end up with the virus and die too if they don't die from their other diseases first.

I doubt most people really get the concept of flattening the curve. Less deaths than would have been in the beginning, but a longer period with a large numbers of deaths. When they figure that out they aren't going to like it too much.

Things that might help aren't happening. Walmart should be installing some big @ss exhaust fans for instance and vent all that bad air on some sort of schedule. Might have to close four times a day for a half hour each time or something of that nature to expel the bad air, or maybe compress it and ship it to Congress as a present. Bottled fresh air to go with your gourmet ice cream.

Last edited by em2nought; 04-29-20 at 01:50 AM. Reason: flattening the curve.
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 04:45 AM   #3246
Skybird
Soaring

Flattening the curve is about one thing only, and always was: to keep the number of cases delivered to hospitla below that criticla treshhold level when hopsitals would start to get drowned in patients. By avoidng this, you do not reduce the number of new infections, but, as you corretcly said, you just stretch them over onger period of time. But by avoidng the health systemj getting overwhlemed you reduce the total numbers of people getting killed - either by Corona itslef, or by conditons that do not get treated becasue Corona patients have overwhlemed the health system.

So, in the end you save lives nevertheless.

Also, we buy time. Time to develope a vaccine, whcih is the only exist strategy we have.

Inentionally infesting the population to enforce her immunity, whne will this madness finally end? It has been repeatedly demstrated now mathmatically what stellar calamity this would cause, and how long it would take to acchieve levels of herd immunity sufficient for stopping the pandemic. Until it is not stopped anymore: becasue, minding you, it seems you get only temporary immunity from recovering from Covid 19. You can get reinfected again. They do not know after how long, maybe 1 year, maybe 2 or three years. But the immunity most likely is not to last longer.
Old 04-29-20, 05:07 AM   #3247
Skybird
Soaring

Interview with Germany'S Christian Drosten in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pert-interview

This virus is a slaughterer. You do not want to carelessly risk getting this. You just do not want to get it. You do not want to become a member of the "almost one in five club".

Germany extends global travel warnings until at least mid-June.

Merkel says that she wants to even raise climate goals for the time immediately after the economic restart. Oh those Germans.

German hospitals started to cut back number of beds reserved for Covid, and start to catch up operations that were delayed in preparation for Covid-19.

German doctors are stunned by patients with cardiovascular conditions having become rare to be seen in hospitals. Just a third, sometimes less, of the patients with strokes and according emergencies are being seen in ER. People also avoid meeting their doctors for fear of catching the virus. How many people die from this behaviourm is to be evaluated.

Economic "experts" were heard in the last days, warning germany against building an own mask and protecive equipment production capacity again, saying that such factories and comaonies would run bancrott within two years, because producing in Asia is cheaper and demand would drop soon. Herr laß Hirn regnen...

Last edited by Skybird; 04-29-20 at 05:34 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 05:59 AM   #3248
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 06:01 AM   #3249
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The US has confirmed one million virus cases, making up almost a third of the total global tally.

With more than 58,000 deaths, more Americans have died with Covid-19 than died in the Vietnam War.

China's parliament will meet again next month, a sign officials believe the virus is under control there.

President Trump has ordered meat processing plants, which have become virus hotspots, to remain open.

All staff and residents of UK care homes will be tested for the virus whether or not they have symptoms.

Old 04-29-20, 06:16 AM   #3250
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his fiancee Carrie Symonds have announced the birth of a son. The PM returned to work on Monday after recovering from coronavirus.

Thousands of cancer patients will be operated on at new centres designed to be kept clear of the virus.

A train has been named after Captain Tom Moore, the war veteran who has raised £29m for the NHS by walking 100 laps around his garden.

More than 800 sailors have now been tested for Covid-19 on board the aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth. The Royal Navy is now awaiting the results before making a decision as to when she’ll leave Portsmouth for further sea trials.

France's oldest doctor Dr Christian Chenay says he "cannot just abandon" his patients as he continues to work in a high-risk environment during the pandemic at the age of 98.

Malawi's President Peter Mutharika has announced an emergency cash transfer programme for people worst-affected by Covid-19. Eligible households will receive a monthly payment of 35,000 Malawian kwacha ($47; £38) by mobile cash transfer starting in May.

In Switzerland - which is beginning to ease its lockdown measures - authorities say they consider that it is now safe for children under the age of 10 to hug their grandparents.

Some 313 coronavirus cases have been reported in Moroccan jails following mass testing for Covid-19.

Old 04-29-20, 06:33 AM   #3251
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

China reported 22 new cases, 21 of which were imported, and no new deaths - bringing its confirmed number of cases to 82,858

Vietnam woke up to no new cases on Wednesday - this means 13 days have passed with no signs of community transmissions, authorities said. It's been about a week since the country eased a nationwide lockdown, and life is slowly returning to normal.

The downward trend continues in South Korea where, after ballooning in February, daily infections have reduced drastically - only nine fresh cases were confirmed on Wednesday.

But in India, infections are slowly climbing. With just over 30,000 cases, the country now has the second highest number of infections in the region.

And in the Philippines, one couple have named their newborn Covid Marie. The parents told AFP that they wanted her name to be a reminder that the virus did not only bring suffering - "despite everything, a blessing came to us," her father said.

Old 04-29-20, 08:49 AM   #3252
Skybird
Soaring

In several nations there are growing concerns amongst doctors about a steep growth in unexplained imflammatory symptoms in children, a link is being made to Covid-19 infections and the immune system "over-reacting" to it. The body gets damaged by the immune system trying to strike back too hard against the virus.

But open the schools, and kindergardens, just go ahead.

I get the impression that when people talk about finding ways to adapt to living with the virus and to find a modus operandi until a vaccine is there, they indeed only mean: "lets simply switch back to 'normal' as it was before the virus, and consider that our adapted behaviour".

Meanwhile more and more economic bills get opened by economists, showing what enormous havoc the crisis is causing. Its difficult to separate serious calculatoro from simple scaremongers currently. And then there are those who call out a greater fire in order to claim biggest possible state compewnsations for themselves, benefitting from the crisis this way.

And Merkel wants even more fuel spilled into the fire, by even increasing climate goals for the reactivation process of the economy.

Thank God that money just rains from the heavens.
Old 04-29-20, 09:34 AM   #3253
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52003804

An urgent alert was issued to GPs after several children presented with symptoms similar to Kawasaki disease - a potentially fatal syndrome that affects blood vessels - including a high temperature, low blood pressure, a rash and difficulty breathing.

The syndrome appeared to be similar to the over-active immune response, known as a "cytokine storm", seen in adults with Covid-19. In many cases it seems it's the body's immune response rather than the virus itself that proves life-threatening.

But these symptoms identified in children are rare events - known to affect about 20 children so far - and not all of them tested positive for Covid-19.

It remains the case that, overall, older people are at higher risk from coronavirus. It's far rarer for children to have severe symptoms.

Although extremely rare, there have been a small number cases of children who have become very ill and died.

Old 04-29-20, 09:44 AM   #3254
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-29-20, 10:06 AM   #3255
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A further 445 coronavirus-related hospital deaths have been announced in England, taking the total to 19,740.
The deaths included a patient aged 14 with no known underlying health conditions.

In Wales, a further 73 people have died after testing positive for the virus, taking the total number of deaths there to 886.

The UK government has pledged more than £1.5bn over the next five years as part of international efforts to find a Covid-19 vaccine.

The UK has repatriated 1.3 million people since the coronavirus outbreak, Foreign Office minister Nigel Adams has said.
Among those, Mr Adams said 200,000 British nationals had returned from Spain and 50,000 from Australia in the past month alone.
He added that the UK planned to bring back thousands more travellers in the next week on charter flights, including from Bangladesh, Nigeria and New Zealand.

The biggest study of Covid-19 patients in the UK shows a third admitted to hospital have died.
Just under half have been discharged, with the rest still being treated.

The US economy sank at an annual rate of 4.8% during the first quarter, according to official figures released on Wednesday. It is the most severe contraction in more than a decade.
More than 26 million people in the US have filed for unemployment. Forecasters expect growth to contract 30% or more in the three months to June.

In Germany, Economy Minister Peter Altmaier said the pandemic will send the country's economy into the worst recession since World War Two.
The country's GDP is expected to shrink by 6.3%.

Free visa extensions are to be automatically granted to more overseas health and care workers in the UK, Home Secretary Priti Patel has said.

Ukraine's national airline has cancelled a special flight taking seasonal contract workers to the UK, where they can earn four times as much as at home.

The Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) flight was scheduled to leave Kiev for London today. But with very short notice, the state aviation agency barred the flight.
Over a hundred Ukrainians, most of whom have six-month work permits in the UK, were left stuck at the airport.

The death toll in India has sadly passed 1,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
Wednesday saw the largest daily death toll yet with 73 fatalities recorded.
Over 31,000 cases have been confirmed in the country.

MPs in Uganda who allocated themselves a total of 10bn Ugandan shillings ($2.6m; £2m) to raise awareness about coronavirus have been ordered to hand back the money.
Each MP was set to get the equivalent of $5,000, although some rejected the cash.
Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni criticised the MPs and called their decision to allocate funding to themselves "morally reprehensible".

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan