SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-08, 02:59 PM   #301
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
I had to quit useing your great mod.

Everytime I was in shallow waters my wife would come up behind me and yell CRASH DIVE and walk away laughing.
:rotfl:That's where the push to talk option really comes in handy Of course, if your wife is anything like mine, she'd just wait 'till I was ready to give an order and pressed the middle mouse button to scream.
What ya gonna do ? We can't live with then, Can't live without them.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 03:30 AM   #302
Navarxos
Seaman

Downloads: 8
Default Push 2 talk

Hi all. ShSpeech is great! but there is a small problem...my mic is very sensitive and this messes things up. I have not understood hopw exactly you activate the push to talk option. Lets say i want the Print Screen key to be my push to talk key. If i dont push that button, the mic is deaf for SH4. What exactly do i have to do in order to make this key the push to talk key? Thank you.
Navarxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 08:06 AM   #303
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

look at the press_to_talk.csv in the mod directory
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 12:01 PM   #304
Navarxos
Seaman

Downloads: 8

Ok i got it! Now i use the middle mouse button to talk. The mod is perfect thanks a lot!

Last edited by Navarxos; 07-24-08 at 02:31 AM.
Navarxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-08, 09:25 PM   #305
Coolhand01
Soundman

Downloads: 9

This MOD is a no-joy for me...Half the commands do something else.(Battlestations for example shuts off the radar). Using RFB+RSRD(plus patches)+Diverate. I don't have a clue about how to change the coordinates for the mouse movement either. Really wish I could have used it. Would have been alot of fun....CH
Coolhand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-08, 09:55 PM   #306
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand01
This MOD is a no-joy for me...Half the commands do something else.(Battlestations for example shuts off the radar). Using RFB+RSRD(plus patches)+Diverate. I don't have a clue about how to change the coordinates for the mouse movement either. Really wish I could have used it. Would have been alot of fun....CH
Hmmm, maybe you didn't set it up right. maybe the wrong resolution, or you're using a mod that needs to have a unique set of files?
Old 08-03-08, 12:59 AM   #307
Coolhand01
Soundman

No install instructions provided. Ran the stock bat file. Default resolution at 1024x768. Using version 2.54. Even uninstalled all mods and tried it. No joy. So I don't think it's a MOD that's causing the problem. Any other idea's would be greatly appreciated....CH
Old 08-03-08, 01:17 AM   #308
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
No install instructions provided. Ran the stock bat file. Default resolution at 1024x768. Using version 2.54. Even uninstalled all mods and tried it. No joy. So I don't think it's a MOD that's causing the problem. Any other idea's would be greatly appreciated....CH
I'm so sorry you're having problems. Did you edit your "stock.bat" file?

Mine looks like:
@cd dist
voice 1680x1050 stock 5

Because that's the resolution that I am playing at.

Could you list the mods you are running?

Thanks!

Bill
Old 08-03-08, 01:21 AM   #309
Coolhand01
Soundman

RFB, RSRDC, Diverate are the mods I'm running. I didn't edit anything....CH
Old 08-03-08, 09:12 AM   #310
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
RFB, RSRDC, Diverate are the mods I'm running. I didn't edit anything....CH
Okay, since you said "half the commands don't work," I'm assuming some of them do? Have you noticed which ones do and which ones don't? Maybe only the commands involving keyboard shortcuts work, while the ones involving mouse clicks don't? Or maybe it's a mixture of the two?

In case 1, I'd say the resolution in whichever bat file you use does not match the resolution you are actually playing SH4 with.

In case 2, since in an earlier post you had uninstalled all mods and it still didn't work, I'd say that maybe the voice recognition SDK needs training.

sh4speech is such an easy to use and elegant application, and is based on such solid principles that there is VERY little that can go wrong with it that does not involve problems with the initital configuration. All it does (and I don't mean to diminish the accomplishements of the author - this is such a brilliant application!) is take your voice command, select the appropriate command from a csv file, then convert that command into a hardware key click or calculate mouse coordinates based on the screen resolution and the known location of the object on the screen to be clicked and then sending a hardware mouse click.

Really, barring hardware failure, the only things that can go wrong are:

The expected screen resolution does not match the actual resolution, causing all mouse coordinates to be proportionately off,

There are substitutions to keyboard commands or new/moved objects on the display by a mod, rendering the csv file invalid, or

The speech recognition SDK hasn't been properly trained (or too much noise in the background), leading to misinterpretations in the command being issued. This is more of an issue than you think. How many times, in real life, have you asked someone to repeat something because you couldn't distinguish "5" from "9", pr "V" from "P" or "B?" In fact, it happens so often that we actually tend to forget it ever occured in the first place! Actually, sh4speech is much better than the average person at guessing right, but for it to be accurate, you must have the speech software properly trained!

I hope this discussion has prompted ideas about how you can fix your issues, because I can't really think of anything else that could be going wrong. I apologize that I can't seem to come up with a solution for you.

Bill

Edit:
One other thing that can happen is that, with a slower machine, some commands such as tube selection, which involve sh4speech internally repeating commands (i.e., simulating the appropriate amount of "W" clicks to get to the right tube), some of the commands may be missed due to the CPU load. Usually when this happens, sh4 isn't responding to *your* key clicks very well, either!!!
Old 08-03-08, 10:41 AM   #311
Coolhand01
Soundman

This is my stock .bat file...

@cd dist
voice 1024x768 stock 1 right sh4

This is the in-game graphic settings...

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1024,768,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

These are my system specs...

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-84J1T8A8N
System Manufacturer eMachines
System Model Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2171 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD TCB427G, 5/12/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name OWNER-84J1T8A8N\Admin
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.07 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.35 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I did all the voice training for SDK. It's only the mouse movements that are "off". Or so it would seem. Did notice a couple commands that have keyboard shortcuts, are actually done by mouse movement. ie. "Return to course" gives time to course end.
And as stated before, I have disabled all MODS and have the same problem, BUT not the same results. The stock 1.5 game moves the mouse to the same locatoin but results in a different command. Is this MOD suppose to be in my SH4 Mods folder for JGSE? I really appreciate the help on this Billko. More than you know. Thanks....CH
Old 08-04-08, 08:55 PM   #312
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
This is my stock .bat file...

@cd dist
voice 1024x768 stock 1 right sh4

This is the in-game graphic settings...

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1024,768,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

These are my system specs...

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-84J1T8A8N
System Manufacturer eMachines
System Model Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2171 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD TCB427G, 5/12/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name OWNER-84J1T8A8N\Admin
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.07 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.35 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I did all the voice training for SDK. It's only the mouse movements that are "off". Or so it would seem. Did notice a couple commands that have keyboard shortcuts, are actually done by mouse movement. ie. "Return to course" gives time to course end.
And as stated before, I have disabled all MODS and have the same problem, BUT not the same results. The stock 1.5 game moves the mouse to the same locatoin but results in a different command. Is this MOD suppose to be in my SH4 Mods folder for JGSE? I really appreciate the help on this Billko. More than you know. Thanks....CH
This is really stumping me. The only thing I can imagine is that somehow the resolution specified in the sh4speech bat file doesn't match the resolution specified in the game. he only thing I can suggest is to actually go to the graphics menu and manually choose your resolution.

One other thing you might try is to revert to 2.52. It seems that there were some changes in the later ones that had something to do with resolution fixes since 2.52. It's a shot in the dark, but it might fix things.

Sorry for the late post, I just got home from work.

Bill
Old 08-05-08, 12:34 AM   #313
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Default i live!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for a while. Haveabyte.com has kept me very busy. I have never forgot this thread but I didn't watch very often after it started to die off a bit. I was pretty surprised and thrilled to see continuing interest here. I assure everyone as soon as I have time I will go back a few pages and address every issue here.

i haven't even been playing sh4. No time, all work for me. I need to get back into it as I have virtually no hobbies anymore, so I should get at least one, right? Besides if I do and start using my own creation I'm more likely to fix things.

Thanks to everyone who has been so kind as to answer questions and help others in my absence. It's what makes this community a cut above so many others.
Old 08-05-08, 12:47 AM   #314
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for a while. Haveabyte.com has kept me very busy. I have never forgot this thread but I didn't watch very often after it started to die off a bit. I was pretty surprised and thrilled to see continuing interest here. I assure everyone as soon as I have time I will go back a few pages and address every issue here.

i haven't even been playing sh4. No time, all work for me. I need to get back into it as I have virtually no hobbies anymore, so I should get at least one, right? Besides if I do and start using my own creation I'm more likely to fix things.

Thanks to everyone who has been so kind as to answer questions and help others in my absence. It's what makes this community a cut above so many others.
Welcome back!!!
Old 08-05-08, 06:08 PM   #315
Coolhand01
Soundman

@ Billko...No joy on the manual selection. I'm really beginning to think that the coordinates for the mouse movements are off somehow. I am using a 21" flat screen but I don't think that should matter. Also, I can't find a 2.52 version as 2.54 is the only one I've D/L'ed. And don't worry about late responses. I know all about loooong work hours.lol....CH

ps. thanks again for the help..