Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-10, 05:02 PM   #286
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by renthewog View Post
they keep saying to patrol specified area, and theres no area specified on the bloody map!
I screwed up one time by sinking the ships and filling up the bar on the mission tab before patrolling one of the specified areas for either a certain amount of time or sinking a ship within a certain distance from it. I returned to port and didn't have the option to advance or patrol a specific area after that. Ended up having to start a new campaign.

Hope you didn't make the same mistake I did.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 05:31 PM   #287
renthewog
Helmsman

Downloads: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
I screwed up one time by sinking the ships and filling up the bar on the mission tab before patrolling one of the specified areas for either a certain amount of time or sinking a ship within a certain distance from it. I returned to port and didn't have the option to advance or patrol a specific area after that. Ended up having to start a new campaign.

Hope you didn't make the same mistake I did.
Ehehe...whoops Thats exactly what i did..
Ive completed the mission before doing the simple patrol, so i did it backwards now it doesnt know where to send me, just keeps saying to patrol specified area, but like i said ive already completed that, and the "blockade of Germany" missions..so I have to wait until March 1st 1940 to begin "operation wesurbung" or however its spelt..

Another typical UBI bug...why didnt they specify that in the first place! how are we supposed to know the exact order to d othe missions, what a load of crap!
renthewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:21 AM   #288
scratch81
Soundman

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
Yeah, it is actually in the stock game this time. We traded our compass, gramophone, radio and depth sounding equipment for it
Don't know if any of this has been covered (don't have a lot of time so haven't read every post) anywhere, but was messing with the stock ui and found some things.

Compass: Lower right corner of the speed selection there is a tiny button looks like two arrows chasing each other in a circle, click that and it brings out a heading readout.

upper right corner of of your speed indicator you will see your return to course button.

Depth sounding: Below the crash dive selection on the stock UI is a goofy looking button, thats your depth under keel button.

Additionally you can select "advanced controls" to manually select depth in meters and speed by knots. toggle button for this is under the return to course button its nice as i dont have to shift key anything, all i need is one click away.

Still haven't found a gramaphone yet, or any commands for the hydrophone operator yet, but still blindly fumbling through the stock ui (not gonna worry bout mods just yet till i see what all ubi is gonna bring to the table first)
scratch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:34 AM   #289
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216

In The blockade of Germany part of the Total Germany campaign. The objective state sink 5 AMC along the northern patrol line.
I cant for the life of me work out what AMC stands for. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old 05-14-10, 06:51 AM   #290
SabreHawk
Captain

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chris View Post
In The blockade of Germany part of the Total Germany campaign. The objective state sink 5 AMC along the northern patrol line.
I cant for the life of me work out what AMC stands for. Can anyone enlighten me?
I saw that change too, as im on that mission as well. It used to read "Sink 5 ships".
And I can only assume since the only ship I've sunk up here that counted was an "Armed Merchant" that AMC must be "Armed merchant Class".

But I've only found one so far, and I've been up here for uhhh, well I've forgot how long but it's been quite a long time probably two weeks or more. I keep finding merchants but not these armed ones.
BDU has repostioned me twice now, but the second time it didn't indicate a new location and says objective complete even though the white bar on the mission description box isn't full but only about 1/4 for the 5 ship portion. Nothing for the carrier as I have yet to go down there where it's supposed to be. Still trying to finish up in the north.
Old 05-14-10, 07:08 AM   #291
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Ah thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-14-10, 07:44 PM   #292
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

The "5 ships" to sink spawn in Loch Ewe harbor, south of the middle island there.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 10:47 PM   #293
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default Blockade of Germany End

If the two Iron Cross's are filled in you are finished with the mission. BDU gets confused sometimes
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 11:19 PM   #294
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
The "5 ships" to sink spawn in Loch Ewe harbor, south of the middle island there.
I take it sinking them in the harbour does not count?
As for the Aircraft carrier part of the mission, I thought i saw a post somewhere that the is only, a certain time frame that she is in the patrol area?
Old 05-14-10, 11:26 PM   #295
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chris View Post
I take it sinking them in the harbour does not count?
As for the Aircraft carrier part of the mission, I thought i saw a post somewhere that the is only, a certain time frame that she is in the patrol area?
I sunk two north of Scotland, where they eventually travel to from Loch Ewe, a third on the way to Loch Ewe and the other two as they left the spawn point. When I was there there was a destroyer west of me in the main harbor and two more around the spawn point, so rather than get stuck in 13m of water, I waited just before the exit and got them as they passed me. So not sure if hitting them while 'docked' would count or not.

The aircraft carrier I got in the English Channel, south of Plymouth. I'd killed one just south of Loch Ewe and it didn't count. I killed another one docked in Plymouth and it didn't count. I finally caught one traveling through the Channel and that one did count.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 11:49 PM   #296
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I sunk two north of Scotland, where they eventually travel to from Loch Ewe, a third on the way to Loch Ewe and the other two as they left the spawn point. When I was there there was a destroyer west of me in the main harbor and two more around the spawn point, so rather than get stuck in 13m of water, I waited just before the exit and got them as they passed me. So not sure if hitting them while 'docked' would count or not.

The aircraft carrier I got in the English Channel, south of Plymouth. I'd killed one just south of Loch Ewe and it didn't count. I killed another one docked in Plymouth and it didn't count. I finally caught one traveling through the Channel and that one did count.
Thanks very much for the heads up.
It is only late November 39 in my game so i guess i have time on my side.
Old 05-16-10, 07:06 PM   #297
M-Theory
Nub

Downloads: 4
Default Ship Recognition

The recognition plate system is pretty good. However, there are occasions, as there probably were in real life when you are not certain of the exact ship, but are certain of its nationality. I encountered a task force in happy times including two battleships. It was night, poor visibility. I also couldn't get into a good AOB position and ended firing one torp from 15 degree astern at the second battleship, which exploded and registered immediately sunk. Bit lucky. I couldn't identify the ship, which looked like the Queen Elizabeth, but I am certain I sank that in Scapa Flow much earlier in the game. In real life news sources and general intel sources would have provided confirmation of a sinking maybe weeks or even months later. Is there any way to check within the game or save-game logs to see what you actually sank?
M-Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 07:11 PM   #298
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83

M-Theory,

" Is there any way to check within the game or save-game logs to see what you actually sank?"

Yes there is, the "Hat Icon" on the right side of the screen brings up the log, just click on the ship sunk entry and it will tell you what you sank and its tonnage. You can sink a ship more than once, I sank the Ark Royal twice last game, once on regulart patrol and once after replenishment.
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 02:15 PM   #299
M-Theory
Nub

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreed View Post
M-Theory,

" Is there any way to check within the game or save-game logs to see what you actually sank?"

Yes there is, the "Hat Icon" on the right side of the screen brings up the log, just click on the ship sunk entry and it will tell you what you sank and its tonnage. You can sink a ship more than once, I sank the Ark Royal twice last game, once on regulart patrol and once after replenishment.
Thank you Sandbox element of the game seems to be buggy then. Supposedly what you do in the game should have an impact on the outcome of the war. Not much point wasting torpedoes on capital ships if they merely spawn again. It would have taken at least a year to build replacements (more likely adapt an existing ship), plus time for trials and commissioning.
M-Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 01:14 PM   #300
voss
Engineer

Downloads: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by loreed View Post
M-Theory,

Is the captain's log physically inside the boat? I looked for a clickable book near the captain's bunk and in the radio room. If I can, I'd prefer to sit down with the book and read it, instead of having it magically appear before my face.

Thanks!
4GB 667MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 GB Graphics Card
Windows XP Pro, SP3, v. 5938
voss is offline   Reply With Quote