Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-20, 03:40 AM   #2836
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

"China concealed the early coronavirus outbreak, former MI6 spymaster says"

John Sawers, the chief of Britain’s Secret Intelligence Service, or MI6, from 2009 to 2014, said it would be better to hold China responsible rather than the WHO.

So Trump accuses the chronically underfunded WHO of.. what exactly? Making errors due to having not enough resources due to chroncial underfunding, funding less and less over the years? And now he completely cuts funding, in this situation?

“This is nothing more than a transparent attempt by President Trump to distract from his history downplaying the severity of the coronavirus crisis and his administration’s failure to prepare our nation,” said Chair Leslie Dach, who served as the global Ebola coordinator for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
“To be sure, the World Health Organization is not without fault but it is beyond irresponsible to cut its funding at the height of a global pandemic."

And so on.. worldwide reactions:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21X0CN

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-15-20 at 04:15 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 05:42 AM   #2837
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Trump has screwed up royally, as befitting a wannabe 'monarch', and he fully knows it, and he knows that a growing number of voters who might have voted for him in November now know it, too. He is flailing and hsi daily press conferences are more and more displaying his meltdowns in the face of real crises, a trait not desirable in a national leader. He is going to his usual tactic of distraction, deflection, and distortion, but, increasingly, a lot of the voters he might have been able to count on are not buying it anymore. Oddly, the very daily pressers Trump has sought to be a sort of substitute for the rallies he can no longer hold have come back to bite him big time; as each day goes by, the utter lack of a cohesive, coherent, and/or congruent White House mechanism is obvious and Trump is running out of the "usual suspects" "whipping boys" on which to attempt to cast blame. His 'wolf' cries of Obama, DEMs, MSM, etc., a ringing ever more hollow and the voters are increasingly asking, directly, "Exactly what are you doing?" of Trump; and, increasingly, he has no answers. In a way, I'm almost looking forward to Trump firing Dr. Fauci: the moment he does, at the height of a crisis, fire possibly the actual human face of the governments response, one of the very few adults in the room with actual expertise, the moment Trump does fire him, that will be pretty much the end of the Trump tenure in the White House; the November election will be merely a formality to certify Trump's dumping. What the US is desperately in need of is someone to take the reins of the White House and steer the US back on a course of rational response to this crisis and to respond rationally to whatever may come down the road. An overgrown toddler with issues with the truth, with no concern for the Constitution, with delusions of monarchy, with no native intelligence, with no sense of personal responsibility, with no leadership qualities at all, is not someone the US needs in the White House going forward. Its time to get rid of the clowns and bring in the lion tamers...

This is not a political decision: it is simple common sense and the need for quality leadership in order to survive...

<O>
Old 04-15-20, 05:46 AM   #2838
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Schools are the first thing that should be opened up to students with no underlying conditions or no one in their household with underlying conditions. Teachers with no underlying conditions or people in their household with no underlying conditions should go back to work. They've got the best immune systems, let's see what happens with the rug rats first. If any die we can just think of them as late, late, late term abortions, nobody will mind then.

A fan of Jonathan Swift, I see...

A Modest Proposal --

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1080/1080-h/1080-h.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

<O>
Old 04-15-20, 06:08 AM   #2839
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Following on from Neals earlier appeal regarding staying on topic....

Can I make a FINAL appeal and ask that everyone stays on topic, we have a US Politics thread whose sole purpose is US Politics.

This thread is intended for the Wuhan virus only.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 06:28 AM   #2840
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

EU countries urged to lift restrictions in a co-ordinated way.

The UK government promises that all care home residents and staff with Covid-19 symptoms will be tested.

Charities say the virus is "running wild" amid outbreaks at more than 2,000 care homes.

India has extended its nationwide lockdown until 3 May.

Old 04-15-20, 07:45 AM   #2841
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Meanwhile back in China where this Yellow Fever Virus originated, (my name for it) the Wuhan wet markets are back in business as the WHO gives them the green light despite probable links to the coronavirus outbreak. Oh my word, have the WHO gone mad, or are they in the pockets of China as some people have implied.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/113998...o-green-light/
Old 04-15-20, 08:27 AM   #2842
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
S

I think I'd rather die eating steak, not something out of a dumpster.
Whoo boy, that's one way to put it. Luckily for me, my family is in the ranching business, so steaks here will last 20 years.

Quote:
A convict released to protect "him" from covid-19 just murdered somebody in Tampa, how is that death going to be classified?
For real?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 09:33 AM   #2843
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Informative and easy to understand explanation on what the SARS COV2 virus does to your body and how people are dying from the COVID19

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51214864

Helped me understand how an otherwise healthy person can die from COVID19
Old 04-15-20, 09:50 AM   #2844
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ No expert here but having some immunosystem problems of my own... :
Immunosystems of people vary very much, even if they are otherwise healthy. Your body has learned and developed its system from earlier infections, so depending on your body's experience it may react properly, or not.
Then there is the possibility of your system overreacting, killing you with either too much cytokines or a fever that gets out of control.

Then there is the "pressure" from outside - if you inhale or come into contact with some hundred of those viruses your immunosystem has time to adapt and kills them with a mild fever, or not even that.
If you come into contact with millions of them, like in big events with lots of people, or in a hospital and over a longer time, your otherwise perfectly healthy immunosystem is simply not up to the job.
Which is what happened to the chinese doctor.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 10:11 AM   #2845
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-15-20, 10:13 AM   #2846
vienna
Navy Seal

Things are moving with surprising speed in Los Angeles; a couple of days ago, it was announced that Covid-19 tests were being expanded to all persons and not being prioritized to only the very young, the elderly, or those with underlying conditions; this morning's local news shows are reporting the turnaround time for test results has shortened to same day or next day status; I'm guessing if you take your test early in the day, you get the same day turn around...

<O>
Old 04-15-20, 10:24 AM   #2847
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Whoo boy, that's one way to put it. Luckily for me, my family is in the ranching business, so steaks here will last 20 years.
I thought you were in the trucking business or at least you were last year ...

How many cows do you have? Do you have any land for sale near you? Would love to be your neighhbor

Thinking about moving down to Reece's area too ... He has a nice place with lots of room around him

Our problem right now is that people are dying all around us here in the USA and all they have done wrong is talk to the wrong person or been in the wrong place at the wrong. time.

Will America ever be the same again? I don't think so ... Men spit playing baseball and men spit playing football, men and women go to sports events
and stand in line to get snacks and beer and something to eat and go to the bathroom and then sit right next to each other.

Restaurants will never be the same again either ... Just think of all those sneeze partitions at the local salad bars.
Now they will have to put someone behind them to serve you like they do ice cream.

Who ever heard of a person serving up his own ice cream scoops? Soft serve maybe

How are they going to avoid Covid-19?

Nothing will ever be the same again

They will perish in their lack of knowledge.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 10:27 AM   #2848
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A Brazilian study on hydroxychloroquine as an effective drug against Covid19 has been breaked off early in its first phase already after 11 of the 81 patients died after beign drugged.
Old 04-15-20, 10:34 AM   #2849
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-15-20, 10:38 AM   #2850
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A Brazilian study on hydroxychloroquine as an effective drug against Covid19 has been breaked off early in its first phase already after 11 of the 81 patients died after beign drugged.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/h...rus-trump.html

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan