by Stuttman, Der Tagesspiegel
Old 05-10-17, 02:56 PM   #2687
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Hell, here in the US, even we don't know what the hell is going on in regards to Trump v. the press.
Interesting times ahead. Washington Post and Breibart duelling it out and noone can tell what's goin on.

Quote:
Yeah, the Trump administration really has things under control and is running like a finely tuned Trabant...
Could be worse, could be a Lada.
Old 05-10-17, 03:00 PM   #2688
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The US has a new heraldic animal: the Yellow-Head Seahawk

by Stuttman, Der Tagesspiegel
Old 05-10-17, 03:14 PM   #2689
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

the real reason Trump fired Comey...

...to cover up the "secret" meeting with ambassador Kislyak...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...te-house-today
Old 05-10-17, 03:39 PM   #2690
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
So... what's goin on?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866412

Anyone having the full story? Not a fan of Trump in the slightest but I find it hard to believe they are going full Turkey now. Something not coming through in the reports?

I think the story says it all.

Quote:
A reporter was arrested on Tuesday night at the West Virginia Capitol for allegedly causing a disturbance by shouting questions to two Trump aides.
Enter the police.

Quote:
Dan Heyman had asked Health Secretary Tom Price and White House adviser Kellyanne Conway about coverage under the Republican healthcare plan.

"He didn't say anything," Mr Heyman told reporters about Mr Price's refusal to answer his question.
Apparently Mr. Heyman didnt get the memo that...

Quote:
Mr Price and Ms Conway were in West Virginia for a conference on the opioid epidemic, and its effect on West Virginia, which has seen more overdoses than any other US state.
Imagine that the speakers thought it best to remain on topic and not become distracted by an immature little brat trying to get attention for himself.

Quote:
"This is my job, this is what I'm supposed to do," he said. "I think it's a question that deserves to be answered. I think it's my job to ask questions and I think it's my job to try to get answers."
You know the saying there is a time and a place for everything. Maybe his questions would be better suited during a press conference about the Republican or Democratic plan for the ACA. Instead of throwing tantrums and making a spectacle of himself here's another idea. Maybe just maybe he could have done his fekking job and investigated the Republican plan for the ACA and reported his findings on the six o'clock news like reputable journalists and reporters used to do. But its evident what's truely important is ratings, drama, headlines, spectacle, fluff.

Quote:
According to a criminal complaint, Mr Heyman was "aggressively breaching the secret service agents to the point where the agents were forced to remove him a couple of times from the area walking up the hallway in the main building of the Capitol.
"The defendant was causing a disturbance at Ms Conway and Secretary Price."
He was charged with wilful disruption of government processes.
Contrary to popular belief the 1st amendment doesnt protect anyone from behaving like a complete jackass.

Quote:
Mr Heyman retorted that he was in a public space, and had not been warned to step away.

The American Civil Liberties Union has defended Mr Heyman's actions, saying his "arrest is a blatant attempt to chill an independent, free press. The charges against him are outrageous, and they must be dropped immediately".

In the end it really wasnt about the Republican plan but how to generate more the same Trump doenst care Headlines! blah blah blah Trump derp and more derp and Trump.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-10-17 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-10-17, 04:14 PM   #2691
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Deep state resisting the will of the "sane" people pretty much sums up what's going on in the USA. Russians? Seriously? ROTFLMFAO

If Trump has a successful presidency it's going to make what we've had for the previous thirty years from both rotten stinking parties look like a big bag of crap, and that's the last thing "they" want.
Old 05-10-17, 04:35 PM   #2692
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Let's see...

FBI and Federal prosecutors issue Federal Grand Jury subpoenas in the Flynn investigation: Federal Grand Jury involvement indicating the investigation has gone beyond just preliminary and has substance:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politi...sia/index.html

Comey makes request for more resources for the FBI probe into Flynn and Trump associates:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...officials-say/

But, right after reports of these developments became public, Comey was fired because of his handling of the Clinton emails?...

...Yeah,... right..., sure...

It must be difficult for Trump to sit down as many times as he's shot himself in the rump...

<O>
Old 05-10-17, 05:35 PM   #2693
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

But, right after reports of these developments became public, Comey was fired because of his handling of the Clinton emails?...

...Yeah,... right..., sure...

It must be difficult for Trump to sit down as many times as he's shot himself in the rump...

<O>
I know you were just making a pun, but ...

Probably more like inside tipsters on what Comey was really up to, great timing, uh?

This doesn't sound like China is against North Korea to me:http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...8811494422116/
Quote:
May 10 (UPI) -- China tested a new missile in an area close to the Korean peninsula after warning South Korea against the deployment the U.S. missile defense system THAAD.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 05-10-17, 07:02 PM   #2694
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

...and yet another Flynn subpoena:

Quote:
The Senate Intelligence Committee has issued a subpoena to former national security adviser Michael Flynn for documents related to its investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election, committee leaders announced Wednesday.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ubpoenas-flynn

<O>
Old 05-11-17, 05:02 AM   #2695
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Comey is just the last in a already longer line of names of investigators who got sacked after they got too close to Trump's wolfpack. And the cleansing wave in the bureaucracy is said to be much, much more intense than it usually is when one administration hands over to the next and party-colours change in the WH as well.
Old 05-11-17, 07:55 AM   #2696
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866412
Quote:
to know if domestic violence
How likely is that the person in question was an SJW trying to disrupt the event?
Old 05-11-17, 09:08 AM   #2697
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Headline - "Comey sought more resources for Russia probe days before he was fired by President Trump, officials say"

According to the headline it was anomonyous officials which say Comey sought additional funds. Not Comey himself.

Now if I were like those who just read the headlines it would appear Comey was fired because, as some here have implied he was getting close. But I have one request, please read the actual story under the headline. Because it goes on to say nobody in the Justice Department or or Senate Intelligence Comittee knew of such request.

Anyone know who these 'officials are'? Anyone care? Of course not.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-11-17 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-11-17, 09:38 AM   #2698
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Headline - "Comey sought more resources for Russia probe days before he was fired by President Trump, officials say"

According to the headline it was anomonyous officials which say Comey sought additional funds. Not Comey himself.

Now if I were like those who just read the headlines it would appear Comey was fired because, as some here have implied he was getting close. But I have one request, please read the actual story under the headline. Because it goes on to say nobody in the Justice Department or or Senate Intelligence Comittee knew of such request.

Anyone know who these 'officials are'? Anyone care? Of course not.
This is why this whole thing gives me a headache. It is perfectly possible that a request for funds was made but the request never made it through the corridors before it was killed off. It is also perfectly possible that no request was made and a story was planted for political reasons.

As for the 2 officials:
If someone did request the money then it's not likely we will get to know the names of the 2 if they were out of place speaking out loud about classified matters.
If noone asked for funds then well, the 2 officials are as real as unicorns and obviously no real names will emerge.

The news, and the public, can only know what was told but to say something is easy, all you need is to open the mouth and make sounds. Words are cheap and effective but they don't have to be true, they just can be, and all involved in this fully comprehend that. Journalists don't always realise it and they become useful tools. Some do realise it and join the merry band of speakers.
Old 05-11-17, 10:07 AM   #2699
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Today in politics evidence is not required, the accused never gets a right to face his accuser. accusations just have to be shouted long enough by mysterious officials and anonymous sources that it becomes percieved as truth.

The public should be afraid of whats going on but instead they salivate over it.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-11-17 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-11-17, 10:21 AM   #2700
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Today in politics evidence is not required, the accused never gets a right to face his accuser. accusations just have to be shouted long enough by mysterious officials and anonymous sources that it becomes percieved as truth.

The public should be afraid of whats going in but instead they salivate over it.
Remember though that in this particular case, there is information that you and I are cut off from. This information is necessary to form any serious opinion.

As for evidence in politics, that is nothing new. You can trace that back to the most ancient of ancient times. What complicates the matter is when genuine security, personal interests and the "need" for evidence collide. "Need" as in, you and I don't need evidence. The courtrooms and investigating bodies need it.

EDIT
To highlight the ignorance-leading-to-confusion outside the "circle"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39886496
To say it doesn't add up is an understatement. There is info not available to the public.

Last edited by Von Due; 05-11-17 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter