SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-13, 06:03 AM   #2551
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
sobers 1900 23102013
added sobers waves mod V14 23102013 SH5
no need to start a new career .
Information on DynEnv's dowload page with links to your mods updated accordingly
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 06:31 AM   #2552
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Information on DynEnv's dowload page with links to your mods updated accordingly
If anyone just downloaded V14 please download it again as I updated the wave foam .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 12:37 PM   #2553
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Just disable sub-sighted messages guys.. because they don't work correctly..
Thx a lot mate
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 12:43 PM   #2554
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by plj View Post
...nice proximity alarm :p
Booo cheating nice magic eye in the fog hmm?
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 03:36 PM   #2555
Hotjoe
Loader

Downloads: 193

What is with you guys, honestly? Re read my post. If you read it correctly you would notice I am not asking a question about Reaper7's mod, I am asking about the New UI's mod, which is on your list, sober.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotjoe View Post
does the New UI's fix the stock stadimeter bug as Reaper7's mod does?
Damn are you guys speed reading every post?

On top of that, all I said was that I fixed the problem! Are you offended by this?

Last edited by Hotjoe; 10-23-13 at 04:12 PM.
Hotjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 04:29 PM   #2556
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
What is with you guys, honestly? Re read my post. If you read it correctly you would notice I am not asking a question about Reaper7's mod, I am asking about the New UI's mod, which is on your list, sober.

Damn are you guys speed reading every post?

On top of that, all I said was that I fixed the problem! Are you offended by this?
You seem to not understand that adding anything to a modlist, might break it. Asking for directions on a broken list where you added mods that are not even close to being recommended shows a few things:

1. You did not read the opening post well enough, or didnt follow the links there, or you could have answered your own question.
2. By not doing that, you thought you needed to fix the stadimeter with a mod .. thereby borking your list yet claiming to be 99% sure you did everything correct and only left a few out .... yet here we are, talking about a mod not on sober's list, causing your issue.

Follow gap's rules .. follow sober's instructions. If they do not talk about a reaper stadimeter mod, dont add it untill you are sure you have sober's list running like it should.

If you THEN run into trouble with a mod (not on the list) you dont ask in his topic for tech support .. you create your own and do the best you can to provide all relevant data ...
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 04:55 PM   #2557
Hotjoe
Loader

No.

I read all of the New UI original posts, it only mentioned even the WORD stadimeter once and it had nothing to do with the stock bug. THIS is why I was asking the above question. Do not assume I do not read stuff. Why are you making assumptions and adding things onto to this very simple question that simply do not exist?

Quote:
If you THEN run into trouble with a mod (not on the list) you dont ask in his topic for tech support .. you create your own and do the best you can to provide all relevant data ...
Am I really asking this again? Why do you think im asking about a mod that isnt on this list in this thread? You're telling me I'm not readin things but you cant even give me the common courtesy to actually read my posts instead of just assuming im doing something wrong
Old 10-23-13, 04:56 PM   #2558
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
You seem to not understand that adding anything to a modlist, might break it. Asking for directions on a broken list where you added mods that are not even close to being recommended shows a few things:

1. You did not read the opening post well enough, or didnt follow the links there, or you could have answered your own question.
2. By not doing that, you thought you needed to fix the stadimeter with a mod .. thereby borking your list yet claiming to be 99% sure you did everything correct and only left a few out .... yet here we are, talking about a mod not on sober's list, causing your issue.

Follow gap's rules .. follow sober's instructions. If they do not talk about a reaper stadimeter mod, dont add it untill you are sure you have sober's list running like it should.

Quote:
...or, even better, make a post in the thread of the suspect mod. This way relevant information won't get lost in a bunch of generic "help me" threads which will never be read again, and the forum will be cleaner. Unfortunately many think that starting a new thread is giving to deserve them a better attenction, but it isn't so
Old 10-23-13, 05:02 PM   #2559
Hotjoe
Loader

Quote:

...or, even better, make a post in the thread of the suspect mod.
Do you still think I was asking about Reaper7's mod?
Old 10-23-13, 05:07 PM   #2560
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
No.

I read all of the New UI original posts, it only mentioned even the WORD stadimeter once and it had nothing to do with the stock bug. THIS is why I was asking the above question. Do not assume I do not read stuff. Why are you making assumptions and adding things onto to this very simple question that simply do not exist?
Joe,

your mistake wasn't asking if the stadimeter fix was required or not with New UIs, but asking it too late when we had already started racking our brains on other possible causes of your issue.

Ideally, you should have followed sober's instructions to the letter, tested the game for checking that everything was working as supposed, and them made your modifications one by one, eventually asking for confirmations by other members in dubious cases.

If you don't admit your mistakes, you will repeat them again and again, and sober will have a nervous breakdown from it

Last edited by gap; 10-23-13 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-23-13, 05:11 PM   #2561
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Do you still think I was asking about Reaper7's mod?
What are we talking about? I am talking about this:

||
\/

Quote:
Ok tried above, didnt work BUT! Found the culprit!

Through process of elimination I have found that Reaper 7's Stadimeter fix mod is the only one causing those windows. Dont enable only that and the windows arent there.

Obviously there being a conflict, does the New UI's fix the stock stadimeter bug as Reaper7's mod does?
Old 10-23-13, 05:16 PM   #2562
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Game is patched to 1.2

I am 99.9% certain that I installed it correctly.

I left out Real Navigation though because I decided I didnt want it so I took it out of the MEP file. (current MEP file)

Also left out a few other mods.

Heres my JSGME (2 pics to show entire right side)

<pictures>
Remember posting this ? That is the context for your current question. Notice on picture two that there is this mod you installed that caused issues. Notice it not being in post 1.

Quote:
No.

No assumptions made .. just facts deduced from observation. I suggest you reread the first two lines of the first post, use the link, and search for stadimeter there.

Quote:
Am I really asking this again? Why do you think im asking about a mod that isnt on this list in this thread? You're telling me I'm not readin things but you cant even give me the common courtesy to actually read my posts instead of just assuming im doing something wrong
I'm sorry you cant remember context past a page change. You adding that mod to the list and failing to notice a whole topic on the generic patcher is you doing things wrong. Live with it.
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 05:51 PM   #2563
Hotjoe
Loader

Quote:
What are we talking about? I am talking about this:

||
\/
Quote:

Obviously there being a conflict, does the New UI's fix the stock stadimeter bug as Reaper7's mod does?
Tell me, what do you think this is asking?
Old 10-23-13, 06:54 PM   #2564
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Tell me, what do you think this is asking?
Just start with my mod list Hotjoe . Check out the new starting instructions on the 1st post . Hope this helps in some way .
Old 10-24-13, 01:24 AM   #2565
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1900 24102013
added
DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch