SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-10, 12:15 AM   #2101
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 12:16 AM   #2102
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

I prefer to use the gyroangle rather than math myself.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 12:17 AM   #2103
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

I have been using the dotted lines shooting... this manual targeting looks really sweet. I really need to start doing it. The immersion factor is 100x higher than -line up the numbers, press fire- technique.

I've been so limited because if it's past my '3' it's a wild guess and I just don't shoot. Manual targeting lets me really get out there and touch someone from a longer distance.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 03:11 AM   #2104
Rolf Eschke
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60

Thanks ,that looks Cool !
Regards
Mike
Rolf Eschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 03:44 AM   #2105
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

added the necessary code for reading of the \data\Roster\Names.cfg file and processing it and then from those results reading in the mast height values from the associated \data\Sea folders. Results: SUCCESS Here is a debug box showing me the results:
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 04:03 AM   #2106
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

added the necessary code to take the mast height data pulled from the files and use it in game when you identify the target. Here is before I identified my target (mast height at default 20):

I identified the target as a Liberty Cargo and as soon as I did the mast height was automatically set to the correct value (27.1)

I'll be removing the mast height dials now as they are not needed anymore. I'll add a textbox that will show you the mast height in that same XO TDC box just for reference.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 04:14 AM   #2107
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
added the necessary code to take the mast height data pulled from the files and use it in game when you identify the target. Here is before I identified my target (mast height at default 20)

I identified the target as a Liberty Cargo and as soon as I did the mast height was automatically set to the correct value (27.1)

I ... I .. I can't find words ...

You ... You ... ROCKS !

I think it's time to uninstall SH3 for good
(please don't beat me)

Stadimeter fix : you make my day !
Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 04:52 AM   #2108
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
added the necessary code to take the mast height data pulled from the files and use it in game when you identify the target. Here is before I identified my target (mast height at default 20):

I'll be removing the mast height dials now as they are not needed anymore. I'll add a textbox that will show you the mast height in that same XO TDC box just for reference.

Well done DW, just shows what can be done now Mod wise when you can bypass the Hardcoded failures via scripting. Excellent
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 05:17 AM   #2109
Cap.Palla
Officer

Downloads: 72

I have a question: i noticed that my u boot cant keep depth i set if i'm running slow. And i'f i set a depth manually the sub stop the immersion at 10-20 meters below the depth i set...
Is this a known issue? Maybe there is already a mod for that?

Sorry for noob question,but i reinstalled SH5 and i'm going crazy with all these mods...

Cap.Palla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 06:57 AM   #2110
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
added the necessary code for reading of the \data\Roster\Names.cfg file and processing it and then from those results reading in the mast height values from the associated \data\Sea folders. Results: SUCCESS
Amazing. I'm really impressed by your modding qualities. If you can find the time for a minor change in the heading indicator read-out. When I mouse over it the heading is shown like for instance: 320.0000 in stead of 320.

No big deal, but a minor thing for you're skills.

Still playing SH5 thanks to you
Old 05-15-10, 08:08 AM   #2111
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

Outstanding what one good modder can do....
Old 05-15-10, 08:28 AM   #2112
brixia91
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

hi all guys,,,this seems a very good mod...but i don't understand how to install it =// i'm not english so it's difficult for me to read well,,,but i tryed to follow the instructions on the first page... i did this

" Navigate to where you unzipped the mod to and open it up. Select the 'MODS' folder and right click on it. Select copy. Navigate to your '\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\' folder and open it up. Right click in an empty area and select paste. Enable 'NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith' via JSGME FIRST. Then enable your preferred TDC style then enable any additional add-on mods you want (this assumes you setup JSGME to use the 'MODS' folder as default) "

but i don't understand if i must do also this

" PLEASE READ THE NOTES FOLLOWING THESE - YOU HAVE TO SETUP THE OPTIONS FILE BASED ON TDC MODE SELECTED
Add-on mods for this mod are located in the folder '\MODS'. Currently the following add-on mods are available:
- 'NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_AllDials_TDC' - enables all dials for TDC NOTE: ensure TDCMode = TDCMinimalDials in options file

there's no option file,,, where's it..?? what have i to do..heeeelp me plssss =(((((
brixia91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 08:40 AM   #2113
rededge
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169517

Should be what you need...
Old 05-15-10, 08:56 AM   #2114
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.Palla View Post
I have a question: i noticed that my u boot cant keep depth i set if i'm running slow. And i'f i set a depth manually the sub stop the immersion at 10-20 meters below the depth i set...
Is this a known issue? Maybe there is already a mod for that?

Sorry for noob question,but i reinstalled SH5 and i'm going crazy with all these mods...
You will find that at first (1939-early 1940's) that your crew is very green. Assigning a depth, they will often under or overshoot it by a good 10 meters. Later on in the war they will stop to withing 1-2 meters of the depth you set.

Also, when submerged deeper then 40 meters (I found) and at 1/3 (again early war) you will slowly sink to the bottom. However as the war goes on this becomes less of an issue. It might also be from the crew upgrades (as I had navigator and Mechanic maxed out on passive ones) but I'll know when I get to 1941 in my new career 100% Realism (with cams) and no abilities is the way to go
Old 05-15-10, 08:58 AM   #2115
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
I have been using the dotted lines shooting... this manual targeting looks really sweet. I really need to start doing it. The immersion factor is 100x higher than -line up the numbers, press fire- technique.

I've been so limited because if it's past my '3' it's a wild guess and I just don't shoot. Manual targeting lets me really get out there and touch someone from a longer distance.
There is a mod in the Download section to remove the 1-2-3 shooting if you find it cumbersome or not realistic..

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui