SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-28-12, 07:37 PM   #1906
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Here is a more detailed video of Heartfire!

Oh wait, it's the Nexus mod that does the same exact thing, but for free.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18480
Old 08-28-12, 09:13 PM   #1907
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

And now for a post not related to Dawnguard or Hearthfire:

I'm reading that the CK has been updated, but I don't know when that was. Probably since I last went online with Steam, though.

Is the current version of the CK compatible with Skyrim if it's only patched to 1.5? If so, is there a way I can download JUST the updated CK without also getting Skyrim updated to 1.7? If not, is there a way I can go online with Steam to get the new version of the CK, but then restore Skyrim to 1.5 after the inevitable but unwanted updating of the game?
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 04:44 AM   #1908
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post

They are pumping out features they showed in the internal mod video with these
DLCs.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-12, 04:46 AM   #1909
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Since I installed Dawnguard all I get now is random crashes and the game keeps bloody freezing
Old 08-29-12, 04:40 PM   #1910
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:

I was just about to post that.

Related video to that mod and hearthfire here:
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 02:39 AM   #1911
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Beth are laying the groundwork for not releasing Dawnguard on PS3:

Quote:
Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.
Perhaps this debacle will finally force Bethesda to code for the PS3 rather than attempt to muscle in PC/360 code afterwards, but I doubt it. They have no interest in the platform and perhaps should consider avoiding it in future.

I still expect DG to be released on PS3 but merely as a cash grab on Beths part.
Old 08-31-12, 12:20 PM   #1912
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Beth never really seemed all that interested in making games for PS3 and I think they will probably just drop the platform instead of code for it.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 11:14 AM   #1913
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

While I know nothing about the difficulties they are going through. It sounds more like a cop-out than anything.

I can't see how Dawnguard is any different than base Skyrim where they can't just add it on, or even just re-create it.

While Dishonored is being produced by Arkane Studios, this makes me worry for that game as well.
Old 09-01-12, 12:19 PM   #1914
danlisa
Navy Seal

Quote:
While I know nothing about the difficulties they are going through. It sounds more like a cop-out than anything.

I can't see how Dawnguard is any different than base Skyrim where they can't just add it on, or even just re-create it.
They can't even get base Skyrim running well on the PS3, they have no chance with DG. In fact, I personally believe they're looking for DG fixes in the wrong place, they need to investigate the performance of Skyrim itself, I believe that's where the trouble stems from.

Being brutally honest, I am starting to think Bethesda needed a 'way out' of continual PS3 support, this may be it, and bringing Sony on board (if they have) gives them some modicum of legitimacy when they finally do.

Quote:
While Dishonored is being produced by Arkane Studios, this makes me worry for that game as well.
You should be. Bethesda will have final 'quality control' on Dishonored, just like they did with FO:NV and we know how well that ended up. Dishonoured should only be considered as a viable purchase after a few months have passed and reports of extended performance are out in the wild. Also, watch to see if any PS3 previews or reviews are issued before release, Bethesda withheld Skyrim for review because of the performance issues.
Old 09-01-12, 12:21 PM   #1915
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa View Post
They can't even get base Skyrim running well on the PS3, they have no chance with DG. In fact, I personally believe they're looking for DG fixes in the wrong place, they need to investigate the performance of Skyrim itself, I believe that's where the trouble stems from.

Being brutally honest, I am starting to think Bethesda needed a 'way out' of continual PS3 support, this may be it, and bringing Sony on board (if they have) gives them some modicum of legitimacy when they finally do.

Not being a troll or an elitist douchbag, but now you know how PC gamers feel when we get substandard console ports, with half baked controls, and rendering bugs..

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 12:28 PM   #1916
danlisa
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
Not being a troll or an elitist douchbag, but now you know how PC gamers feel when we get substandard console ports, with half baked controls, and rendering bugs..
Dark Souls, by any chance? Yeah, that's fine but the PC platform offers hope in correcting those issues with community mods. Consoles don't have that luxury and are reliant on the 'developers' knowing how to fix issues.
Old 09-01-12, 01:09 PM   #1917
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa View Post
Which is funny, with Sony starting to regain it's control on the market. I don't understand why you would want to drop a consumer base, all you are doing is cutting yourself from money.

But then again, Bethesda games as of late have not really been properly put together even for their "chosen" systems.

Quote:
You should be. Bethesda will have final 'quality control' on Dishonored, just like they did with FO:NV and we know how well that ended up. Dishonoured should only be considered as a viable purchase after a few months have passed and reports of extended performance are out in the wild. Also, watch to see if any PS3 previews or reviews are issued before release, Bethesda withheld Skyrim for review because of the performance issues.
All of the footage and gameplay shown so far have been on the 360, which leads credence to this statement.
Old 09-01-12, 05:29 PM   #1918
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I'm currently crazy for turning screenshots into "paintings" After having converted a dozen pics from Steel Beasts, I now go for Skyrim. Probably more to follow.

Old 09-02-12, 06:18 AM   #1919
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

How It Should Have Ended - Skyrim:

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-12, 04:08 PM   #1920
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9