SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-10, 07:27 PM   #136
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Weyprecht View Post
I just have one question, by pure curiosity (I'm pretty sure it was already answered somewhere), but I'm pretty ignorant in the matter.. Are the new reticles a late-war model? I've seen this kind of reticles on some German explanatory drawing from the time, but most of the photos show reticles closer to what you used in older versions of MaGUI, as Hitman did in his GUI?
hello Kpt. Weyprecht,
i have seen pics with different reticles on german scopes so i believe that there was not a standar design for the reticles (just my opinion).
i was inspired with the american scopes and the reticles you see at MaGui's scopes are more 'close' to this 'look' . i prefer this style for reticles for many reasons .two of them is that i need the reticles to be 'close' to vertical and horizontal line of peri in order to be visible even when 'wheels' are on and second becuase using the 'reversed' scopes (horizontal line at top mast of ship and read the scale's mark that waterline is showing to you) is way more comfort for the vertical reticles to be close to vertical line of scope.
i have seen pics that reticles are ON vertical line of peri but this was not ,let's say....not 'eye candy' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet61 View Post

I also noticed that there is a decent/acceptable margin of error concerning the AoB. The other night I was about 10° off of my AoB calculation, but I had the speed correct. I still hit the target, but missed the desired spot by a few meters...still sank.
hi Comet,

of course it is working , it is just trigonometry !
yes ,you have an acceptable error at angle lb but have in mind that the faster the target is and the longer the distance that torp will travel then these 'errors' will turn to be more critical. practising is the only way .... the longer your shots are,... the better you become !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 06-06-10, 07:02 AM   #137
klh
Ensign

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

I love this GUI, and really appreciate the hard work that went into it.

I'm having a problem running it with the FM interior mod. I installed FM, then MaGui 3.3, then the MaGui/FM 3.3 fix as described in the manual. Both mods work fine by themselves, but together the open hatches command and engine room cam no longer work. I am using the latest version of JGME

Anyone have a similar experience and how did you fix it?

(By the way, I am running mostly stock. I've been in a campaign since GWX3 came out and since I play DiD, I haven't upgraded yet.)

Last edited by klh; 06-06-10 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-06-10, 09:05 AM   #138
Kpt. Weyprecht
Gunner

Downloads: 89

Thank you for the explanation. Sure your version is more eyecandy than reticles on the centreline!

Can't wait to use your awesome mod (and a few other mods that got released since the last time I could play the game...)
Old 06-07-10, 06:59 PM   #139
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh View Post
I love this GUI, and really appreciate the hard work that went into it.

I'm having a problem running it with the FM interior mod. I installed FM, then MaGui 3.3, then the MaGui/FM 3.3 fix as described in the manual. Both mods work fine by themselves, but together the open hatches command and engine room cam no longer work. I am using the latest version of JGME

Anyone have a similar experience and how did you fix it?

(By the way, I am running mostly stock. I've been in a campaign since GWX3 came out and since I play DiD, I haven't upgraded yet.)
hi Klh,
the 'fix' is tested and working fine. i am running it at my install and all works as expected.
what do you mean by saying '' open hatches command doesn't wok'' .you mean that ''shift+H'' and ''ctrl+H'' is not working ?
and also what do you mean with the engine room cam problem? can you express yourself with other words ?
please ,show me your mods list (showing the order of active mods)

bye

Old 06-07-10, 09:09 PM   #140
klh
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi Klh,
the 'fix' is tested and working fine. i am running it at my install and all works as expected.
what do you mean by saying '' open hatches command doesn't wok'' .you mean that ''shift+H'' and ''ctrl+H'' is not working ?
and also what do you mean with the engine room cam problem? can you express yourself with other words ?
please ,show me your mods list (showing the order of active mods)

bye
Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt I'm doing something wrong.

Here's my mod list that's giving me trouble...
Vasserbomben_Chalkboard
UboatReflectionsFix
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Shell Damage Textures
RealisticFatigue 2.0
Ambient Hydrophone Sound
Ambient Underwater Sound
Explosions_and_gunfire
JIRM - Stock SH3
Cable Fix Type VIIC
NewDcSounds
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
MaGui 3.3
optional-No Stealthmeter for MaGui 3.3
optional-stopwatch with speed lines for MaGui 3.3
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.3
When I say the open hatch commands don't work, I mean that after installing MaGui 3.3, the Shift-H and Ctrl-H don't do anything. I can not open the hatches. Without MaGui installed, I can open the hatches.

Also, pressing Shift-E does not do anything after MaGui is installed on top of my FM_NI.

I'm guessing it has something to do with my other mods, or the fact that I'm not running GWX, but I haven't been able to figure it out on my own. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 06-08-10, 09:44 AM   #141
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Hello klh.

I believe that the problems you face are due to a wrong installation order.
The "FM Interior" mod should be enabled after makman's mod. This way, when you enable the fix after flakmonkey's mod, the cameras.dat file which is included in the fix and which has been adjusted for the "MaGui" mod, will overwrite fm's cameras.dat (which has already overwritten magui's own cameras.dat) and will ensure compatibility between makman's mod and flakmonkey's mod.

You have enabled makman's files after fm's own files thus undoing any changes fm's cameras.dat file introduced.

This is my opinion but wait for makman to reply too.

EDIT

I was wrong. From the readme.

for those who want to use Flakmonkey&DD's ''FM_NI'' mod with MaGui 3.3

B. without Anvart's mods
------------------------
1.DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
2.FM_NewInterior_V1.0
3.MaGui 3.3
5.FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.3

Thank you comet.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3

Last edited by tomfon; 06-08-10 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-08-10, 12:48 PM   #142
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Default FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon
The "FM Interior" mod should be enabled after makman's mod.

Not sure about that. My mod load order is the original FM mod, then Magui3.3 and then the FM fix by makman for v3.3. Everything works just as it is suppose to with that setup.

Old 06-08-10, 03:53 PM   #143
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

You are right, comet and i was wrong. I've edited my post above.^^

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 06-08-10, 06:01 PM   #144
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt I'm doing something wrong.

Here's my mod list that's giving me trouble...
Vasserbomben_Chalkboard
UboatReflectionsFix
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Shell Damage Textures
RealisticFatigue 2.0
Ambient Hydrophone Sound
Ambient Underwater Sound
Explosions_and_gunfire
JIRM - Stock SH3
Cable Fix Type VIIC
NewDcSounds
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
MaGui 3.3
optional-No Stealthmeter for MaGui 3.3
optional-stopwatch with speed lines for MaGui 3.3
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.3
When I say the open hatch commands don't work, I mean that after installing MaGui 3.3, the Shift-H and Ctrl-H don't do anything. I can not open the hatches. Without MaGui installed, I can open the hatches.

Also, pressing Shift-E does not do anything after MaGui is installed on top of my FM_NI.

I'm guessing it has something to do with my other mods, or the fact that I'm not running GWX, but I haven't been able to figure it out on my own. Thanks for any help you can give.
hi Klh,

from the way you are describing the situation , two things are more possible:

A.according to your note ,it seems that the 'fix' is not taking effect ! i am saying this becuase there are ,indeed, in the fix's command file the orders shift-h ,ctrl-h and shift-e
so,disable the 'fix' and reenable it ! does the jsgme is warning you for conflicts with magui 3.3's commands ? if YES ,this is normal , proceed and activate it .
if not then the fix is not installed correctly
now,assuming that your install is correct ,enter the torpedo training mission(no other mission...just enter this one) .do you still have the issues there ?

B. the other posibility ( that i think is exactly your fault) is that you are not riding a viib sub (when you tested fm-ni fix for magui).
the correct install is :

without Anvart's mods
-------------------------
2.FM_NewInterior_V1.0
3.MaGui 3.3
4.FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.3

the ''DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038'' is neseccery if you want 'opening hatces' to all types of subs ( ''FM_NewInterior_V1.0 '' is containing 'opening hatch' only for types viib)

so if you are not riding a type viib sub then the shift-h,ctrl-h (you haven't enable the ''1'') and shift-E (no engine room to other than viib ) are useless.
thats why i am saying to test it at torpedo training mission

bye

Old 06-08-10, 07:29 PM   #145
klh
Ensign

Quote:
hi Klh,

from the way you are describing the situation , two things are more possible:

A.according to your note ,it seems that the 'fix' is not taking effect ! i am saying this becuase there are ,indeed, in the fix's command file the orders shift-h ,ctrl-h and shift-e
so,disable the 'fix' and reenable it ! does the jsgme is warning you for conflicts with magui 3.3's commands ? if YES ,this is normal , proceed and activate it .
if not then the fix is not installed correctly
now,assuming that your install is correct ,enter the torpedo training mission(no other mission...just enter this one) .do you still have the issues there ?

B. the other posibility ( that i think is exactly your fault) is that you are not riding a viib sub (when you tested fm-ni fix for magui).
the correct install is :

without Anvart's mods
-------------------------
2.FM_NewInterior_V1.0
3.MaGui 3.3
4.FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.3

the ''DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038'' is neseccery if you want 'opening hatces' to all types of subs ( ''FM_NewInterior_V1.0 '' is containing 'opening hatch' only for types viib)

so if you are not riding a type viib sub then the shift-h,ctrl-h (you haven't enable the ''1'') and shift-E (no engine room to other than viib ) are useless.
thats why i am saying to test it at torpedo training mission

bye
Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try as soon as I dock from my current mission. I will let you know what happens.
Old 06-08-10, 09:36 PM   #146
klh
Ensign

Quote:
the other posibility ( that i think is exactly your fault) is that you are not riding a viib sub (when you tested fm-ni fix for magui).
Makman,

You were exactly correct. In my career, I have a VIIC boat.

But when I tested FM_NI and MaGui separately, I was running one of the single missions using a VIIB. It was only after loading both that I tried them in my career mission, and couldn't get it to work. Somehow I missed that FM_NI only modeled the VIIB hatches.

Thank you for helping me to sort this out.
Old 06-29-10, 08:58 PM   #147
aus3620
Nub

Downloads: 45
Magui 3.3 UZO

Firstly, thanks Makman for a terrific mod. Using GWX3, MEPv3, Magui 3.3 with optional scopes/stopwatch, TMT v2. Play at 85% realism.

Is there a tutorial about using the UZO, obviously for surface attacks? Just read "The Golden Horseshoe" - Kretschmer's career, so keen to try surface attacks. To date have preferred to launch the attack submerged.

It seems that Kretschmer cruised between the convoy columns and launched his torpedoes for "right-angle" track - can anyone point me to a how-to for that?

Thanks
Old 07-01-10, 03:58 AM   #148
clouclou
Gunner

Downloads: 244

Dear makman94,
Super as work,
One question though. In Uzo, how to place the names of boats and torpedoes as icons in the PERISCOPE ATTACK. (Boat: bottom right in the label, Torpedo icon in the upper right) I know you have to go menu_1024_768 but where exactly?
Old 07-01-10, 10:45 PM   #149
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus3620 View Post
Firstly, thanks Makman for a terrific mod. Using GWX3, MEPv3, Magui 3.3 with optional scopes/stopwatch, TMT v2. Play at 85% realism.

Is there a tutorial about using the UZO, obviously for surface attacks? Just read "The Golden Horseshoe" - Kretschmer's career, so keen to try surface attacks. To date have preferred to launch the attack submerged.

It seems that Kretschmer cruised between the convoy columns and launched his torpedoes for "right-angle" track - can anyone point me to a how-to for that?

Thanks
hello Aus3620,

you will find instructions on how to use the range finder at uzo(red scale) at the manos optics.txt (at documents)
i don't know what you mean by saying ''right-angle'' track but i guess that you mean that torpedo's run course will interesept target's course vertically .in this case read the ''perfect shots'' tutorial that is included in MaGui's .rar

if you mean (with ''right-angle'' track) that your sub's attack course is intercepting vertically target's course then after you have placed your sub to a vertically intercept course ,you can use your tdc :
1.uzo at zero degrees
2.set tdc to manual
3.set aob 90 left or right (depending of situation)
4.set target's speed
5.set tdc to auto
6.lock uzo on target
7.wait untill your gyroangle goes to zero and...shoot !
or you can use the procedure that is described at the ''straight shots'' tutorial (looking the column for lb=90 degrees) that is ,also incuded in .rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouclou View Post
Dear makman94,
Super as work,
One question though. In Uzo, how to place the names of boats and torpedoes as icons in the PERISCOPE ATTACK. (Boat: bottom right in the label, Torpedo icon in the upper right) I know you have to go menu_1024_768 but where exactly?
hello Clouclou,

open (with notepad) the menu_ini and replace the following entries :

[G28 I5]
Name=Ship
Type=1032;Button
ItemID=0x28040041
ParentID=0x28000000
Pos=805,145,179,18
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=4
Display=2
Mat 0=data/menu/OLC/bkgr.tga