SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-07, 04:44 AM   #181
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit138
Bump!

Since I have absolutely no talent at all when it comes to coding, I ask from you more or less a coding gurus. Is it possible to include some kind of easier and cleaner fix I came up relating to the radio bug?
Probably. In any event, things are happening on SH4 Skipper behind the scenes. Real life has a nasty habit of intruding sometimes.
Yay! Thats good to hear

Hell, might as well give this a try myself. I've done with C++ those simple "Hello world!" so-called programs. And I have a pretty good idea what kind of coding this would require. It's not gonna be pretty but it might work

Phew, good that I don't have a real life :p
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 05:43 AM   #182
FooFighters
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razman23
One of the things I really liked about SHIII Commander was the ability to change the time compression speed when certain things happened. Such as when a ship or plane is spotted, it would default to 8X. I hated that, Id rather have it to drop down to 1X time and that is how I set it up in SHIIIC.

The only other thing I used quit a bit was crew management. I used it to promote, dismiss, and give out medals instead of using SHIII game itself. I like to micromanage my crews carrer.

Anybody know what to change to get the time compression to drop to 1X on certain situations?
I agree 1oo%, drop down to 1x would be far better

This forum is not the same without you Dave.. we'll miss you buddy
FooFighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 05:53 AM   #183
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 624
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighters
Quote:
One of the things I really liked about SHIII Commander was the ability to change the time compression speed when certain things happened. Such as when a ship or plane is spotted, it would default to 8X. I hated that, Id rather have it to drop down to 1X time and that is how I set it up in SHIIIC.

The only other thing I used quit a bit was crew management. I used it to promote, dismiss, and give out medals instead of using SHIII game itself. I like to micromanage my crews carrer.

Anybody know what to change to get the time compression to drop to 1X on certain situations?

Well...there is a way to make the adjustments you speak of....

Go to Data/Cfg/Main...open it up
youll see this listed...

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4

CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192

You can change those to anything you want.... and don't forget to SAVE!

Cheers!

Last edited by Canonicus; 07-30-07 at 07:37 AM.
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 06:01 AM   #184
FooFighters
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighters
Quote:

Well...there is a way to make the adjustments you speak of....

Go to Data/Menu/Cfg/Main..open it up...
you'll see this listed...

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4

CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192

You can change those to anything you want.

Cheers!
wow.. way cool !!

thanks

This forum is not the same without you Dave.. we'll miss you buddy
FooFighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 06:08 AM   #185
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 624
Uploads: 7

FooFighters....

I was wrong about the location...

Should read...

Go to Data/Cfg/Main

Cheers!
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 06:30 AM   #186
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoroo
Quote:
Bump!

Since I have absolutely no talent at all when it comes to coding, I ask from you more or less a coding gurus. Is it possible to include some kind of easier and cleaner fix I came up relating to the radio bug?
Probably. In any event, things are happening on SH4 Skipper behind the scenes. Real life has a nasty habit of intruding sometimes.
Yay! Thats good to hear

Hell, might as well give this a try myself. I've done with C++ those simple "Hello world!" so-called programs. And I have a pretty good idea what kind of coding this would require. It's not gonna be pretty but it might work

Phew, good that I don't have a real life :p
Not too hard to do - maybe 10 lines of code for the actual function.

BUT, your challenge is not with merely removing the lines prior to the "current" date, but with maintaining source file integrity. I mean, how will players revert back to the clean (ie "full") version of Events.ini after they've run your tool? Will it clean up after itself? Or will it expect players to clean up after it? If the former, then what hook will you set up to catch so that you can gracefully return the clean version? If the latter, then it's good that you have no RL 'cause you'll be spending some time here providing user support ("open this, rename that...")!

Then there's the questions around how you will "catch" the date to begin with. Automagically from the game files? Or through asking the user? If the latter, would they really know when their next patrol will start?

Just some basic things to consider before you start.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 06:47 AM   #187
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Not too hard to do - maybe 10 lines of code for the actual function.

BUT, your challenge is not with merely removing the lines prior to the "current" date, but with maintaining source file integrity. I mean, how will players revert back to the clean (ie "full") version of Events.ini after they've run your tool? Will it clean up after itself? Or will it expect players to clean up after it? If the former, then what hook will you set up to catch so that you can gracefully return the clean version? If the latter, then it's good that you have no RL 'cause you'll be spending some time here providing user support ("open this, rename that...")!

Then there's the questions around how you will "catch" the date to begin with. Automagically from the game files? Or through asking the user? If the latter, would they really know when their next patrol will start?

Just some basic things to consider before you start.
The main problem is that date function. Since the game itself is almost completely fubar when it comes to detecting the correct date in the middle of patrol, the only option is to ask this from the user. They don't need to know when the next patrol is gonna start. They only need to remember the date and the time if they saved in the middle of the patrol. The radio bug doesn't exist when you're starting in port so you don't need to use this tool in that case

I was thinking that I could make some sort of backup function. Pretty much the same kind we have in JGSME. Everytime you adjust the events.ini files with this tool, it makes a backup from the orginal events.ini files

Hope I'm on the right track!
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 04:05 PM   #188
Kar
Seaman

Downloads: 1

If someone is working on SH4 Commander please look at this. It will be nice to have it in Sh3 commander
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 08:06 AM   #189
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
If someone is working on SH4 Commander please look at this. It will be nice to have it in Sh3 commander
I share the reservations Jasen expressed in that thread.
Old 08-08-07, 08:23 AM   #190
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Guys, the amount of "SH3Cmdr has killed my guppies and demagnetised my fridge magnets" posts I've read over the last two years from people who quickly forgot how much they paid for SH3Cmdr has totally put me off even considering an SH4Cmdr.
Why the hell do people do that Surely these posts weren't from Subsim :hmm: In the short time I have frequented these friendly and dare I say mature forums, its been my experience that idiots that say stuff do not last long

I bought SH3 two years late, but found SH3 commander a great tool. I was thinking it would just be time until one arrived for SH4... There certainly weren't these tools for 'Silent Service' on the 64 :rotfl:

It's great to see you are still enjoying the SH series though Scones, thats all that matters

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 09:54 AM   #191
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Why the hell do people do that Surely these posts weren't from Subsim :hmm: In the short time I have frequented these friendly and dare I say mature forums, its been my experience that idiots that say stuff do not last long
Yep, Subsim, but prolly moreso Ubizoo. Fortunately, such posts have all but disappeared during this year, or are being answered so well by other users that I don't need to worry.

Quote:
It's great to see you are still enjoying the SH series though Scones, thats all that matters
SH3 is still my overall game of choice (although BoB2, MAW and OFF grace my hard drive atm). Haven't really played SH4 yet, but I'm watching the progress of a few things which together may spark my interest. I have noticed that I'm spending more time "over here" now than "over there". I guess I like the fact that I can provide assistance to modders as needed without the dramas of supporting the final product, LOL!
Old 08-08-07, 11:34 PM   #192
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Quote:
Why the hell do people do that Surely these posts weren't from Subsim :hmm: I
Yep, Subsim, but prolly moreso Ubizoo. Fortunately, such posts have all but disappeared during this year...
Warhawk and the other regulars pretty much shot a lot of this down while Ubi was developing 1.3 I think everyone was as sick of the bull as you were.

Quote:
Quote:
...but I'm watching the progress of a few things which together may spark my interest. I guess I like the fact that I can provide assistance to modders as needed without the dramas of supporting the final product, LOL!
:rotfl:

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 11:35 AM   #193
C DuDe
Ensign

Downloads: 17

Quote:
(even less so from August when my third child makes an appearance).
Firts off:
Many congrat's to you and your family, hope it's a healthy child.

Secondly:
I enjoyed SH C. a lot when playing SH3 and am sorry to hear you're not going to make SH C. but understand your point.

Good luck with your children!
C DuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 08:06 PM   #194
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DuDe
Quote:
Firts off:
Thanks. 'Twas a healthy girl born just under two weeks ago.
Old 08-18-07, 05:38 AM   #195
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C DuDe
Quote:
Firts off:
Thanks. 'Twas a healthy girl born just under two weeks ago.
CONGRATULATIONS Jaesen I never knew.....hoping mother and daughter are well

Splice the mainbrace

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote