SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-14, 01:24 AM   #11026
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
2 questions for TDW.
Do you take a metal detector with you sometimes when scuba diving ?
Do you mind me using my copy of the TheDarkWraithUserOptions file with my options (Yes or No) as a mod ?
sobers New UI addons for mega mod list SH5 V20
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374
No metal detector. I do take my dive knife with me though. Got surprised by a Silky shark off the southern coast of West New Britain Island in Papua New Guinea a couple of years ago down around 100ft without my dive knife. I had just crossed over a vertical drop off that you couldn't see the bottom. I looked down for about 3 seconds then looked up and to my right was this Silky shark about 13ft long just sitting there motionless about 5 feet from me. No idea where he came from! I reached for my dive knife and it wasn't there! I was a little anxious then!! The sharks fins were still straight out so he wasn't in attack mode so I just sat there and stared it down. After what seemed like an eternity it disappeared down the side of the drop off just like that and was gone. First time a shark has ever surprised me. Now I make sure I always have my dive knife with me

I don't care if you use your copy of the options file as a mod
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 10:22 AM   #11027
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default Another hotkey error

Added another hotkey note at this post.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 12:53 AM   #11028
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

TDW , could you give some advise for this question about where to find commands cfg for real navigation etc .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=31
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 02:32 AM   #11029
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
TDW , could you give some advise for this question about where to find commands cfg for real navigation etc .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=31
I have many new commands that are defined in the exe via my Generic Patcher. You will not find them in commands.cfg file
Old 01-25-14, 07:13 AM   #11030
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

I seemed to got a way around this, if I select last entry and use option to add after entry it works. I still can't just add entry, entry time is off.

Reinstalls didn't work or registry fix. Somewhere I read going from Steam game to normal messes up registry. I tried cleaning all SH5 related to Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_2012 View Post
I'm having problem with the Journal. I am using NewUI 7.4.2.

When I add my own entry into the journal, it puts the time on in a hour ahead. When this happens it won't show in message box, because it hasn't happen yet.

Also when I back out of game, after I have saved journal, I go into the ShipsJournalEditor.exe and load that journal. I get an error and it won't load. If I don't put any personal entries of my own, the journal can be view. The time difference in entry is causing problems.

Here is picture I took. My entry is, 17:15 Test of date.

Any ideas?

Also, I use to have Steam version of game, but uninstalled it and got a direct download copy from Amazon.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 09:19 AM   #11031
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Random hotkeys I can not change:hotkey for toggle following target, toggling automation visibility, message box visibility, removing mark on map, repositioning a mark on map, ship's journal visibility, teleporting to UZO station, teleporting to observation station, teleporting to attack station, visibility of the charts (and SOAN), otto's chalkboard, nomograph visibility on mini-map (TAI), SH5 enhanced heading rudder/dial, visibility of radio message box, ordering most fuel efficient speed.
I was able to change all the hotkeys listed with no problems. How are you trying to change them? You have to double click the 'Hotkey' entry to have the window show up for configuring the hotkey. After you make your changes you press Accept. Now to have your changes saved you need to File-->Save.
Old 01-25-14, 09:30 AM   #11032
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Hotkey click.JPG

Hotkey item notes.JPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I was able to change all the hotkeys listed with no problems. How are you trying to change them? You have to double click the 'Hotkey' entry to have the window show up for configuring the hotkey. After you make your changes you press Accept. Now to have your changes saved you need to File-->Save.
Update: Got it now.
If you open up a hotkey window enough times, and it has options of handled, Shift required, Ctrl required, or Alt required, you must double click the word hotkey for the window below to show up.
If you open up a hotkey window (example SOAN or item notes) and only has the option of true or false, then you doubleclick the true or false option.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 01-25-14 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Doubleclicking hotkey
Old 01-25-14, 09:49 AM   #11033
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Every hotkey mentioned I did the same thing as in the picture. I open up the hotkey window until I get to the false level. Clicking false does not bring up another window for me to change the option from false to true as the first necessary step.
That's correct, it won't. Double click the 'HotKey' entry to bring up the window to change the hotkey parameters.
Old 01-25-14, 10:17 AM   #11034
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
That's correct, it won't. Double click the 'HotKey' entry to bring up the window to change the hotkey parameters.
You replied as I was just typing. Previous post updated with verbage. I will contact Trevally to add something to his "How to use options fileviewer editor" thread which has a link at the bottom of post #1 for Multiple UIs for TDC.

The hotkey doubleclicking is what a few of us were missing. Thanks again.
Old 01-25-14, 11:00 AM   #11035
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

I am using using 7_4_2. with Real Navigation.

The only Hydrophone mod I am using is “Hydrophone Follow Nearest Contact Fix For NewUI 7_1_0 to 7_5_0”.

In TDW’s G.F.P. There is an option to enable. “Real nav menu.txt entries” “Description: reference new entries in menu.txt when real navigation enabled for Hydrophone”.

Should I enable the 3 patches as I am not sure what the changes do?
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-14, 11:01 AM   #11036
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Default No sound for radioman speech?

I am using NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0, test version 12.

Go to NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Sound\speech \radioman folders. The filename in question is MC_RR_RADIO_15.ogg for normal\tension\whisper folders. Filesize is 4KB. No sound is produced for all three folders types.

Stock v1.2 MC_RR_RADIO_15.ogg says "New message received." Stock filesize is 19-21KB depending on the folder version you are using.

Is your intent to do something similar to MC_RR_RADIO_15.ogg-remove? Another idea, future editting in Message_RA.cfg in Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg perhaps? Any thought in mind of why you wanted to kill the radioman "new message received" sound.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 02-25-14 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-04-14, 03:52 AM   #11037
PickRelated
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Hello mates!
I have a problem with latest 7.5.0 test version 12.
When I try to enable sextant I get nothing but the UZO with 7x zoom.
Should there be something else? Or do I do something wrong?

Steam version of game is 1.2.0.
Nothing but TDW 7.5.0 is activated.
SH5 TWD7.5.0-12.jpg
PickRelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 12:58 PM   #11038
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

All I know is that TDW Generic Patcher has a fix for sexton to work with TDW New UI 7_5_0

Bad news TDW Generic Patcher can work with Steam version of the game. You can read more on it at the TDW Generic Patcher Thread.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickRelated View Post
Hello mates!
I have a problem with latest 7.5.0 test version 12.
When I try to enable sextant I get nothing but the UZO with 7x zoom.
Should there be something else? Or do I do something wrong?

Steam version of game is 1.2.0.
Nothing but TDW 7.5.0 is activated.
Attachment 752
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 05:37 PM   #11039
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

@TDW,
Glad to see you are still around fixing the gr2 editor and got the multiple threading issues figured out. Once I finish another project maybe I will learn the gr2 editor and help others, too.
Are you still around or traveling for work now? Hope travel in small planes will be smoother.

Even though below are New UIs TDC 7.5, test version 12 and Page TDC update patch, could you post the links to the bottom of post #1 for Multiple UIs for TDC thread? It would certainly help others, besides me, who constantly refind the link for other subsimmers.

Below taken from this post link:
v7.5.0 test version 12 released. Available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?52pr5d581wpwcc1

this is needed to fix bug with stadimeter button in scope views ): http://www.mediafire.com/?v8cjgjh2s14337j
Unzip and place in the test version's \data\Scripts\Menu folder letting it overwrite the old one.

did you catch this previous post?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=11051
Old 02-05-14, 12:34 AM   #11040
PickRelated
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_2012 View Post
Bad news TDW Generic Patcher can work with Steam version of the
Too bad Thanks for explanation.
May be you know any sextant mods? All I found is a ANM (Astro Navigation Mode) if I am not mistaken. But dude has been developing it and wrighting about it in the thread and then just gave up and no links to download his mod.
PickRelated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui