Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 08-31-07, 07:24 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default FS Traffic

I am taking into account to eventually get into a traffic software for FS9, too. but there are so many, and little comparison on the frames they are eating. My Traffic, Ultimate Traffic, Traffic 2005 (now simply called Traffic), and two freeware/shareware projects - what would you recommend, especially: what offers the best out-of-box compatability with the German Airports series by Aerosoft?

I currently tend to go for Traffic 2005, which additionally is available for less money. I do not plan to drown my airports with traffic, just to fill them and the sky with a little bit more life. Must I expect massive frame drops? How does the frame drop compare to that of the FS9 default traffic?
Old 08-31-07, 08:24 PM   #2
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

I manually altered Ultimate Traffic's FS9 'traffic file' so that it would work in FSX, this is largely just a case of copying and pasting bits from FS9 to FSX. seems to work okay, so I've never bothered with any FSX-specific traffic add-ons.

Here is me buzzing some AI traffic in FSX in the Me262, traffic generated by the FS9 traffic bgl pasted into FSX.

Chock
Old 08-31-07, 09:55 PM   #3
waste gate
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If your flying heavy metal Skybird the reality is that you won't recieve many advisories from ATC about conflicting traffic. The stray indian country call which shows up on TCAS, but because of the seperation rules usually the most you will get is follow company.
Old 09-01-07, 05:37 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Yep, I do not expect to run into a stream of airships when skimming in some god-forsaken valley in the Alpes, but EDDF or EDDH or EDDM, for example certainly should see a bit more company from the air than they have right now. I saw a video of traffic 2005 ( at the bottom: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=68 ), which seems to deliover what I am seeking for. The only question is if my frames can afford it. My system handled my old FS-2002 installation without problems, with plenty of airport sceneries, and now on FS 2004 it deals quite well as long as i do not use VC. Unfortunately, I use VC almost exclusively now, and so frames have become critical again. when taxiing I can live with that, but on approach and during landing at least, I prefer them to be at least "roughly fluid" (>15).

that's why I jumped onto 2004 when X came out last winter. My calculation was that if I would need a new PC cause the old one is brakling down, that rig would have frame troubles again with FSX when using complex airliner modules and complex sceneries - while any FS9 instakllation probably would run smooth as silk.

But you must get all addons now that you ever may wish for FS9, because slowly but surely they are runnin out. I bought all stuff second hadn in winter, saving lots of money, people were spending on FSX and wanted to get rid of their old addons. This situation has chnaged - what I had no problem to find second hand back then, now has become rare, and slowly but surely is deleted from producer's lists as well.

but some FSX addons featuzre the older 2004 versions as well. For exmaple the Helgoland scneery that I got (damn short runways, photorealistic, most beautiful scenery, but very small, of course: two islands, a frigate and an oil rig).
Old 09-01-07, 05:38 AM   #5
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
I am taking into account to eventually get into a traffic software for FS9
try skAI
http://www.aviation-photos.co.uk/ind...d=16&Itemid=28
Old 09-01-07, 06:36 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
I am taking into account to eventually get into a traffic software for FS9
try skAI
http://www.aviation-photos.co.uk/ind...d=16&Itemid=28
Downloading 450 MB with 280 bytes per second, wowh! No wonder the author is complaining that nobody knows that program!

Thanks for the link, but I will try it again tonight.
Old 09-03-07, 11:38 AM   #7
Lafferty
Officer

Downloads: 51

thanks for posting these i have been looking for some of these so i will use them.
Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-07, 04:08 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Tried the download several times now, always it is in the BYTES per second range. No lock, no go anymore. Have bought Traffic 2005 via ebay now. Wonderingn what it will do ty my German Airports 1-3 collection. AFCAD is new terrain for me.
Old 09-05-07, 09:30 PM   #9
Stryker412
Bosun

Downloads: 10

Do any of you know how to get the AI to use your downloaded skins? Everytime I fly free flight the AI only uses the default skins.