SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-07, 03:31 PM   #1396
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

het is fantastisch!! dank je wel
(it's fantastic, thank you!!)
Old 11-09-07, 04:42 PM   #1397
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmTell
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterboy1
[...]
Leo said he plans to change the header of this thread to "Beta" instead of "Alpha" when the rest of it is made available.
Maybe he should even change the mod's name to something adequate. I mean the mod is a lot more than just reflections ...
Yeah, like Silent Hunter Fourgasm.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 05:30 PM   #1398
sqk7744
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 7

Bravo!!!!

TAKE A BOW GENTS
sqk7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 05:31 PM   #1399
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Okay new object reflections and search light repairs is posted

I am sorry it took so long to do this but there are over 3000 node's alone for the Harbor kit to go through.

All smoke effect's for Houses building's and factories have been set to the same wind coef as all the other smoke effect's in the game changes we made to match them up.

All light's for building's have been adjusted because originaly they were set to be dimmer at night time than day time basicly you couldn't see them at all at night and now you can but they are not over bearing in nature.

All light houses are more effective and cast a better reflection on the water plus have a much greater range in effect.

All land base search light's have been repaired and are more effective in range.

All ship search light's have been repaired and adjusted to range and better effectivness. Originaly all search light's max range was 200 meters I have now adjusted them accoriding to their size and what type of light it is for both ship's and land base light's.

Enjoy everyone.

ROW_Object_Reflections_and_All_Searchlight_Repairs _vs_2 This file contains the reworked shore line object reflections with enhancments and reapirs to all in game search lights from light houses to land base search lights and ship search lights in efective ranges and reflection capabilities and a lot more.

This is also posted on the main thread download.

I am now trying to finish up all the ship work about half way done.

Last edited by leovampire; 11-09-07 at 05:42 PM.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 05:46 PM   #1400
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

My contribution:

Just at sunrise

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 06:05 PM   #1401
ATR-42
Commodore

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 6

i know this was a no-no, but i couldnt wait any longer... so I applied all the new ROW stuff while in the middle of my patrol!

im awestruck! switching in all the new ROW files with the high res sea foam, its truly breathtaking!

ATR-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 06:11 PM   #1402
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default the only file's I sugest applying in base is the special effect's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR-42
i know this was a no-no, but i couldnt wait any longer... so I applied all the new ROW stuff while in the middle of my patrol!

im awestruck! switching in all the new ROW files with the high res sea foam, its truly breathtaking!
The reason for the special effect's folder's being applied in base is sometimes there is a strainge effect that happens from smoke suddenly appearing or not all of the major fire and explosion and lighting effect changes do not take effect a lot of times till after you return to port.

Everything else can be added at anytime and used with your save's with no ill effect's.

But I am glad you like it all ATR-42.

Last edited by leovampire; 11-09-07 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-09-07, 06:14 PM   #1403
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Aye, as have I. I only added the zone effects when I was inport. Everything else whilst at sea There's only one thing I've noticed and that's with ROW Sound v.4, the diesels restart sometimes when I'm already running on the surface.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Old 11-09-07, 06:34 PM   #1404
WilhelmTell
Engineer

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Aye, as have I. I only added the zone effects when I was inport. Everything else whilst at sea There's only one thing I've noticed and that's with ROW Sound v.4, the diesels restart sometimes when I'm already running on the surface.
I noticed that with my realistic diesel engine mod a time ago. This occurs when sailing in heavy weather. As soon as the sub hits a big wave and water comes over the hull, the "Submarine_surfacing.wav" is played again.
Old 11-09-07, 06:37 PM   #1405
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default It's to simulate the diesel exhaust port getting covered up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmTell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
I noticed that with my realistic diesel engine mod a time ago. This occurs when sailing in heavy weather. As soon as the sub hits a big wave and water comes over the hull, the "Submarine_surfacing.wav" is played.
That is something that does happen from time to time as WillhelmTell said. In heavy sea's or if your sub has not fully emptied out the ballest tank's before you save then is does the start up loop when you reload the save.
Old 11-09-07, 07:39 PM   #1406
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I don't know who has or hasn't noticed it yet but

I pretty much got the sun rise and sun set in the game to be almost totaly oposit of each other in time.

After reading all the posts that one guy made complaining about the real Navigation mod and how the sun rise and set was always off and changing I worked hard to make it happen like clock work in game. And create a true High Noon for the sun.

Also thanks to Jaketoox and Kriller making the sky work the way I wanted I was able to create a twilight time after sun set and before sun rise inbetween the total darkness of night like we experience in real life. You know that time of day and night when yes you see head light's but they are not very effective and the star's can just barly be seen.
Old 11-09-07, 07:48 PM   #1407
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

One question for you Leo about the install package from page one of the thread. With the addition of the new clouds from Kriller2, are we supposed to install one of the 3 speed files and the new Kriller2 clouds, or just the new Kriller2 clouds without any of the speed files?

Last night I just used the Kriller2 clouds without any of the speed files, and one time when I came up to the bridge the clouds were speeding by like they used to in stock, but then every other time I went up there the clouds were very still so, I wasn't sure exactly how the speed things related to the new cloud set.
Old 11-09-07, 07:52 PM   #1408
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I included the orginal speed control file for the cloud's

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
One question for you Leo about the install package from page one of the thread. With the addition of the new clouds from Kriller2, are we supposed to install one of the 3 speed files and the new Kriller2 clouds, or just the new Kriller2 clouds without any of the speed files?

Last night I just used the Kriller2 clouds without any of the speed files, and one time when I came up to the bridge the clouds were speeding by like they used to in stock, but then every other time I went up there the clouds were very still so, I wasn't sure exactly how the speed things related to the new cloud set.
But if you want the slower you can use the speed control's from the other cloud download's and put it in the shader's folder with the new cloud's to slow them down more.

I am using Kriller2's new cloud's with the original speed control's for the first cloud release and havn't had any problem's.

Remember wind speed effect's the cloud's and now that there are multi layer's to them the lighter cloud's that are lower in the sky will move at a slightly differn;t speed. To create that 3D look.
Old 11-09-07, 08:18 PM   #1409
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
That is something that does happen from time to time as WillhelmTell said. In heavy sea's or if your sub has not fully emptied out the ballest tank's before you save then is does the start up loop when you reload the save.
No problemo. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-09-07, 08:53 PM   #1410
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

These are very impressive improvements. There are so many options now for each individual taste I don’t think I have ever seen this in a mod to date.

Using the NEW 3D clouds I was in TC and came out and had the super fast moving clouds and thought – great here we go – but it wasn’t but a few seconds later and they stopped back to normal speed.

Going to do a few patrols on this version and take a break from the updates.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote