SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-07, 11:46 AM   #691
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0

ya from the bridge, it was night and I was south end of saipan island. But it was also flickering from outside too.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 12:34 PM   #692
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 624
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniam81
ya from the bridge, it was night and I was south end of saipan island. But it was also flickering from outside too.
I see...Have you ever seen flickering images on any other objects?
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 02:06 PM   #693
seaniam81
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus
Quote:
I see...Have you ever seen flickering images on any other objects?
nope. first ship to flicker green. or flicker at all.

Old 10-06-07, 04:10 PM   #694
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

I have good news, the work on the new textures for water and reflection is allmost done! see this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123119

The texture version2 you downloaded from this thread was some very early work, which wasn't supposed to be released and contained some bugs, which you wont see in my new work, Anyway check this out:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123119

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 04:45 PM   #695
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Seaniam81 earlier in the thread this was talked about

Quote:
Last night i was droping of an agent and when i let the raft go it was flikering green. I'll post a screenshot when i get home from work.
We just havn't gotten around to a work around for it yet been to busy with other things for the mod.

What we have to do for the raft is remove the reflection effect we did and it will go away. Not every object has the proper DDS file's for this and some of them the game gueses on how to create it. Once we tone it down to nothing it will go away. Another guy posted pics of it and everything.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 04:50 PM   #696
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Jdkbph if you read and pay attention to the posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph
On the subject of TBTs and limiting the angles... I thought these boat (or at least some of the later ones) had both fore and aft TBT mounts? If so, limiting the forward mount may be technically correct, but as there's no provision in the game for a second TBT aft, wouldn't it be better (ie, more accurate from an operational standpoint) to leave it as is?

Also...

Running ROW with latest textures and stuff and encountered this little bit of tree texture weirdnes around Java....

JD
We had originaly had this camera option for the mod and there was a lot of tossing back and forth about it as far as is it good to have not good acurate or not. All went on for a while. So we did away with that camera and stuck with the other. But BillNichols and a few others like the camera limitations so asked for me to post it again and I did. If you don;t like that camera then use another one and please let sleeping dog's die.

We need to see those pictures of what you mean about the tree's please so we can figure out the problem you are talking about.

Then I will ask the apropriate person who did that work to take a look at it.
Old 10-06-07, 04:56 PM   #697
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

As posted in the other thread...New ocean looks great kriller!
Old 10-06-07, 05:02 PM   #698
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default You now have control of the next release of textures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2
I have good news, the work on the new textures for water and reflection is allmost done! see this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123119

The texture version2 you downloaded from this thread was some very early work, which wasn't supposed to be released and contained some bugs, which you wont see in my new work, Anyway check this out:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123119
I will straighten out the one that is posted now with your originals. When you send me a new texture pack it will be posted and not until then.

Post your screen shots talk about it all you want but I get enough from the people using the mod and do not need you to post something you are upset about as well in here do it in a PM please.
Old 10-06-07, 05:04 PM   #699
seaniam81
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
Last night i was droping of an agent and when i let the raft go it was flikering green. I'll post a screenshot when i get home from work.
We just havn't gotten around to a work around for it yet been to busy with other things for the mod.

What we have to do for the raft is remove the reflection effect we did and it will go away. Not every object has the proper DDS file's for this and some of them the game gueses on how to create it. Once we tone it down to nothing it will go away. Another guy posted pics of it and everything.
Very cool. I guess you dont need me to upload my pictures of the green raft. (talk about freeking out the enemy a bright green glowing object heading towards the beach) I just thought I would let you's know about the raft.

Old 10-06-07, 05:08 PM   #700
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default thanks for the letting us know

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Very cool. I guess you dont need me to upload my pictures of the green raft. (talk about freeking out the enemy a bright green glowing object heading towards the beach) I just thought I would let you's know about the raft.
Too bad the Enenmy dosn't think it is little green men and call for Godzilla
Old 10-06-07, 05:22 PM   #701
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104

Quote:
We had originaly had this camera option for the mod and there was a lot of tossing back and forth about it as far as is it good to have not good acurate or not. All went on for a while. So we did away with that camera and stuck with the other. But BillNichols and a few others like the camera limitations so asked for me to post it again and I did. If you don;t like that camera then use another one and please let sleeping dog's die.
Wow. Sorry. Not looking to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Quote:
We need to see those pictures of what you mean about the tree's please so we can figure out the problem you are talking about.

Look at the picture I attached. See the light outline around each of the planes that form the leaves and branches? That's what I'm talking about. Again, not looking to ruffle feathers... it's not bothering me at all, and it only shows up at close range when there's a little bit of fog in the air... just thought you might want to know.

I'll just sit down over here and be quiet now...
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 05:24 PM   #702
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,
Can someone have a squint at this config and see if it looks ok please ??

I am having stuttering now when enemy shore batteries fire near me or when i was near a sinking merchant

It seems to stutter only when sound effects are occuring, Weird as never had sound-effect stutter before (only ever had any stutter from warp speed or hi-res-foam so this is new )

Ohh i am using onboard sound on my abit ip35 pro if this helps if pc config helps i'll upload specs

Many Thanks

Happy Hunting

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 05:38 PM   #703
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default looks very good Defiance from what I can see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
Hiya's,
Can someone have a squint at this config and see if it looks ok please ??

I am having stuttering now when enemy shore batteries fire near me or when i was near a sinking merchant

It seems to stutter only when sound effects are occuring, Weird as never had sound-effect stutter before (only ever had any stutter from warp speed or hi-res-foam so this is new )

Ohh i am using onboard sound on my abit ip35 pro if this helps if pc config helps i'll upload specs

Many Thanks

Happy Hunting

Def
Looks like you got using the JSGME tool down pat and setting up the mod's Thanks for posting it! Now I am going to steal it from you LOL!!! Just kidding of course onlt with permission!
Old 10-06-07, 05:44 PM   #704
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph
Quote:
Wow. Sorry. Not looking to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Quote:

Look at the picture I attached. See the light outline around each of the planes that form the leaves and branches? That's what I'm talking about. Again, not looking to ruffle feathers... it's not bothering me at all, and it only shows up at close range when there's a little bit of fog in the air... just thought you might want to know.

I'll just sit down over here and be quiet now...
Sorry my bad jdkbph and when I see old argumants pop up I just kind of slap myself on the head and go OH no not again LOL!! Only human as much as I try to keep personal life out of this place in thinking reply's and attitude it dosn't always work.

Anyways the pictures you posted are showing up as a box with an X in the middle of it that is why I asked for pictures. Just don't suck your thumb in the corner or I will feel really guilty.
Old 10-06-07, 05:48 PM   #705
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya Leo,
Hell yeah take it n use pic if if it helps people out

I am going to try dropping the TM latest patch 1.6.3 back to earlier one, Thinking maybe this could be causing the sound-effect stutter (hope it's this simple lol)

Anyways any more pics ya need halla out and i'll snap em up for ya

Damn having a tight run on diesel at the mo dropping a guy off up some weird ismuth hence shore batteries fired as i was charging batts and that's how i noticed effect stutter when i watched a destroyer firing at me then dying on my 6

Many Thanks

Ciao

Def

ps, will swap files n load sh4 and see if i can figure cause, maybe of help if other tm users are having same probs
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote