SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-07, 02:28 PM   #1591
ben cg
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

First of all Leo thank-you for this great mod No doubt you have increased the eye-candy factor of SHIV about 200% imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
The ship file's in Natural Sinking Mechanic's CHANGES how the internal compartment zone's of the ship's work and what they are named.

The newest vs of Triger Maru leave's the ship's compartment's and zone's alone and keeps them at stock names and inner working's.

If you have Triger Maru on top of NSM then you use the Triger Maru zone's part of this mod.

If you have NSM on top of Triger maru then you use the Light or clasic zone's downloads from this mod.

Natural sinking mechanics changes everything about the inner workings of the ships and has to have a matching zone's file.

No stock zone's or Triger Maru Zone's will work with Natural Sinking mechanics if it is the dominate mod you have activated.

BTW your not being a pest you just don't understand what is happening and how this work's.

T.M. and stock game zone's has a small number of controled compartment's for the ship's in the game.

NSM changed this to a very large number of individual zone's for ship's.

So NSM needs a very special zone's file to run that mod work.

Let's say for example the stock game has a grand total of 150 compartment's for ships set up in the game. Okay there is now 150 compartments in the zone's file named the same for them.

Now here comes NSM it now changes the game to having 300 compartments for the ships in the game. So now it needs a zone's file that also has 300 compartments named the same to match the work he did.

And this is why one zone's file will not work with the other mod and why there is a matching special effects folder here that works with which ever mod you have as a dominate one.
This post is very informative! I have used NSM (+ROW/TM etc) for a very long time but with the latest release of TM 1.65 it seems I am probably asking for trouble to try and use them together. I know neither of those other Mods are yours but I reckon you know at least as much as anyone on this; so what is your opinion on running NSM 3.3 classic on top of TM 1.65 (with ROW + classic zones for NSM on top of both?) to try and get NSM style flooding - silly? possible? Or should I just play it safe and load ROW + special fx for TM zones on top of TM 1.65 and be happy?

Also I am going to be loading the new RSRD.TM version and no doubt some others but I am pretty sure they are all non-conflicting skins/chrono mods etc.
ben cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 03:53 PM   #1592
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay Duci did away with NSm due to he felt it was better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben cg
First of all Leo thank-you for this great mod No doubt you have increased the eye-candy factor of SHIV about 200% imho.

Quote:
The ship file's in Natural Sinking Mechanic's CHANGES how the internal compartment zone's of the ship's work and what they are named.

The newest vs of Triger Maru leave's the ship's compartment's and zone's alone and keeps them at stock names and inner working's.

If you have Triger Maru on top of NSM then you use the Triger Maru zone's part of this mod.

If you have NSM on top of Triger maru then you use the Light or clasic zone's downloads from this mod.

Natural sinking mechanics changes everything about the inner workings of the ships and has to have a matching zone's file.

No stock zone's or Triger Maru Zone's will work with Natural Sinking mechanics if it is the dominate mod you have activated.

BTW your not being a pest you just don't understand what is happening and how this work's.

T.M. and stock game zone's has a small number of controled compartment's for the ship's in the game.

NSM changed this to a very large number of individual zone's for ship's.

So NSM needs a very special zone's file to run that mod work.

Let's say for example the stock game has a grand total of 150 compartment's for ships set up in the game. Okay there is now 150 compartments in the zone's file named the same for them.

Now here comes NSM it now changes the game to having 300 compartments for the ships in the game. So now it needs a zone's file that also has 300 compartments named the same to match the work he did.

And this is why one zone's file will not work with the other mod and why there is a matching special effects folder here that works with which ever mod you have as a dominate one.
This post is very informative! I have used NSM (+ROW/TM etc) for a very long time but with the latest release of TM 1.65 it seems I am probably asking for trouble to try and use them together. I know neither of those other Mods are yours but I reckon you know at least as much as anyone on this; so what is your opinion on running NSM 3.3 classic on top of TM 1.65 (with ROW + classic zones for NSM on top of both?) to try and get NSM style flooding - silly? possible? Or should I just play it safe and load ROW + special fx for TM zones on top of TM 1.65 and be happy?

Also I am going to be loading the new RSRD.TM version and no doubt some others but I am pretty sure they are all non-conflicting skins/chrono mods etc.
To have the ship's set back up to hit point damage rather than flooding time's for compartments.

But yes you can put NSM classic or light ontop of T.M. 1.6.5 and then activate the ROW matching classic or light Ontop of the NSM and you will be good to go.

So if you want T.M. 1.6.5 add it first to your game then add NSM Classic then add ROW Classic zone's and you will get the layout you asked about with no in game problems.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 03:57 PM   #1593
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default LMAO yep that is one of the problems with the lightning right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
Couple of questions for you Leo...

For starters, do you think the reflections look ok here?

That's how they look like on all ships ever since I installed all the new ROW stuff (sub reflections look good though).

Second, I was on my way to end my patrol at Pearl harbor

when I went to deck watch view and was greeted by a severe thunderstorm...in the far distance however I could see some glimmering lights, so I took a look with my binocs

After ALL the ruckus with lightning not showing up, this was an eye-opener to me, so I zoomed to location with the free cam

A few minutes later, my sub was in the midst of a thunderstorm never seen by living man!

Is THIS how a thunderstorm should look like in the game, really?!

Here's some info on my rig and settings:

Radeon X1650Pro 256MB DDR3 graphics card
Drivers: can't remember now, shipped with the graphics card, dating from July '07.
1024x768@85Hz resolution on a 17in CRT Samsung monitor
All settings except ground texture-related maxed out, all boxes except Post Processing and Windowed Mode ticked
2xAA, 4xAF set from Catalyst Control Center.
Main.cfg configuration same as yours (except screen resolution and refresh rate, of course)
There is a running sequence program for the lightning that was not being used I activated it but when I did all the problems started. So I have deactivated it and now making a couple of other adjustments to make sure there is no lightning and lighting effect's problems from thunder storms and will have the repair out for download soon. I am just waiting for an ingame storm to make sure all the problems are solved before I release a patch fix for this.

As to the ships I am looking into a couple of things. #1 seeing if the new skin work Kriller2 is doing stops the strainge reflection effect. #2 also seeing if the light map's for the ship's might be causing this problem.

Either way I know I am getting somwhere with it because the flikering problems with the ship reflections stoped now just need to find out the other problem with them.

Last edited by leovampire; 11-15-07 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 05:26 PM   #1594
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay this is it guy's the final release of the ROW sound effect's

#9. ROW Sound Effect's: Can be added to your game at any time. Best used with realistic sound travel time turned on.

#9a ROW_Sound_Effect's_vs_5_Final For a start contains the Hollywood Sound files for screams. New work by LukeFF / Torps and special thanks to Dr.Beast for the sub net fix. This it it guy's the last and final release of the ROW sound effect's. Added 11/15/07 for download. All repairs for sounds that were causing problems are in here along with some new reworked stuff for change of shift sound's where you can hear the door hatches opening and closing with the men running on stairs and decks. And an M60 machine gun sound with the shell's droping for the AA gun and louder and extended reload sound for the deck gun as well as new rel life aircraft sound's for the plane's in the game and cleaned up prop hydro's for ship's. And thanks to Willhelmtell for his sound distance boost also included in with the sounds.

Dave

P.S. How about a couple more vote's for the mod?! Only have 4 vote's and I think it was us 4 main creator's that voted out of 1,593 posts and 71,467 view's and more than 2,000 download's. Tell the public what you think of the mod so new guy's know about it with the vote's please.

Last edited by leovampire; 11-15-07 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 06:26 PM   #1595
momo55
Frogman

Downloads: 125
Default Vote ? where ? Leo !

Thank u Leo & McGyvergang for this release and all the work put in it .

EDIT: lol... found it ! thanks to the fellow captains bellow here ...of corse ..voted excellent and i'm not achamed to say it.

Last edited by momo55; 11-15-07 at 07:58 PM.
momo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:20 PM   #1596
ben cg
Swabbie

Quote:
P.S. How about a couple more vote's for the mod?! Only have 4 vote's and I think it was us 4 main creator's that voted out of 1,593 posts and 71,467 view's and more than 2,000 download's. Tell the public what you think of the mod so new guy's know about it with the vote's please.
Until you posted this I had no idea you could vote for threads (this is what you mean right - rating a thread?)

I voted now

Thanks also for your answer above re: NSM
ben cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:32 PM   #1597
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

LOL - I never noticed/realized this either. I figured the statistics (views/pages etc) would speak for themselves, but I did my civic duty and voted anyway. Only problem was there wasn't a category/choice for more than 5 stars
Old 11-15-07, 07:45 PM   #1598
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya's,
Ditto to what panthercules said above

Well you live n learn he he

Voted of course

Have Fun

Ciao

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:31 PM   #1599
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
This it it guy's the last and final release of the ROW sound effect's.
But wait! I have just a couple of others I'd like you to try...!

(Runs away quickly before Leo hits me over the head )
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 09:16 PM   #1600
ATR-42
Commodore

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR-42
Has anyone reported, or found bow wave reflections coming off the windlass on the bow?

little distracting when viewing from the bridge.

in fact, as i vew the sub externally and it goes by i can see the reflections or flickering on the windlass and most of the deck cleats as well, only on the back side of them...
Roger that.

Leo, the latest ROW is AWESOME!!! Thanks man. Just one teeny, weeny, favor. Could you please put the caustic effects back the way they were? It looks a little funny to see ripple reflections crawling all the way up the main mast.
If I ever figure out how to get the caustics on the Conningtowers I want the caustics to be evenly set and that is what I did ahead of time with the sub caustics for the future work after I fix the problems the mod has first.

If you want it that bad download and install the S3D editing tool found in the mod's forum. Open up the DAT file for your sub with it then go to the unifiedrendercontrol and open it up then click on properties and to the right open up caustics and change the MaxAltitude figure by clicking on it then at the bottom enter the number you want and hit enter then save the file and your done.
If you do not deactivate the folder first and shut down JSGME before you do this none of your changes will work.
Quagmire, if you do this drop me a PM. i may give it a shot. I love the caustic reflections but i think they should cut off somewhere just below the deck line for full realism. Ive spent the better part of my life out at sea. sunny, clam seas are when you see the most reflections on boats from the water, typically you'll see it only on the hull, rarely above the deck.

Kudos Leo, the mod is totally sweet. i love using it. its completely sim changing.

ATR-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 06:33 AM   #1601
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Leo,

Just trying to be constructive and help out here. Another screenshot that doesn't look quite right. Chances are you've spotted this one already but.. just incase.

The ships on the horizon look great, kind of hazy looking.. but the reflections are very dark and visible before the ship itself comes into view. You'll need to click this thumbnail and view it full size to see what I mean.

(7950GTX Go, all options on except glare and fog)
ryanwigginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 11:20 AM   #1602
JimRat
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Default Strange Purple Bloom

I saw this whilst I was coming back from Patrol to Fremmantle-Perth, Western Australia, Australia.

At first I thought...."Someone Nuked Perth!!!!"

Then I remembered, it was only 1942....

Seriously...what would cause this?

In SH4 - Capt. USS Pompano (SS-181) Asiatic Fleet
In RL - Plankowner USS Chandler (DDG-996) "The Warship"
"A day not sinking Japs, is a day without sunshine!"
JimRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 01:25 PM   #1603
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRat
I saw this whilst I was coming back from Patrol to Fremmantle-Perth, Western Australia, Australia.

It's the Japanese rising sun. You'd better get out of Perth.:rotfl:

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 03:29 PM   #1604
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Yep ship's are comming out of the fog and the refections are there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwigginton
Leo,

Just trying to be constructive and help out here. Another screenshot that doesn't look quite right. Chances are you've spotted this one already but.. just incase.

The ships on the horizon look great, kind of hazy looking.. but the reflections are very dark and visible before the ship itself comes into view. You'll need to click this thumbnail and view it full size to see what I mean.

(7950GTX Go, all options on except glare and fog)
I have seen it in my own game yes havn't figured out why reflections show through the fog before ship's do either I am missing something or the fog dosn't effect the reflections.
Old 11-16-07, 03:31 PM   #1605
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default UUMMM you got me on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRat

I have not a single clue what is going on there to tell the truth. I am heading there in my game so I will see if I can find it and or see it myself.