Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 07-10-24, 10:54 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default When staff from SBP and GHPC chatter

This is special: staff from the development team of GHPC and the president of eSim that makes Steal Beasts Pro, aka "Ssnake", have a 100 minute chat.

I am more or less out of Steel Beasts now, since longer time. Installing it all right and updating the dongle became too complex and fault-inviting, and in the end did not work right anymore for me, I could not get it upgrading, and the mere fact that they need several videos explaining how it should be done and should work shows that there is a worm in it, munching: such things should not need several videos, but a click of a button, a selection of file path, and thats it. I also lost the mojo I had for such tech stuff experimenting when I was younger. I want it more comfortably working these days. In the last attempts I tried I just failed to get the dongle updating correctly. I finally lost interest, wrote the money off, and called it a day after all these long years. Sad, but I am over SBP now.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-10-24 at 11:02 AM.

Old 07-12-24, 09:16 PM   #2
subgirl
Radio Pro

Downloads: 200

I have both games and the fact GHPC has no interiors really irks me, the graphics are great but the realism really suffers and as of yet no infantry and the campaign system really isn't there yet as its just a bunch of random missions that ends and go back to the main menu.

The dongle is not at all hard to update for SBproPE, In fact I just updated my game and its much easier than it used to be. The sim is far more advanced and detailed compared to GHPC. I find GHPC more game than actual sim.
subgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-24, 08:30 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I am with Steel Beasts Gold and Pro since all beginning, and thus have lived through several updates of dongle and game. It snot as simpel and easy breezy anymore than it was in past times. Else I would not have gotten stuck.

Anyway, when I talk about it these days I feel not that much interest for it all anymore like 15 and 20 and 25 years ago. Not just softwares change - people change, too. So do I.