View Single Post
Old 12-13-22, 05:31 AM   #8
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Had another exchange with Paypal, this time via chat, ending up with plenty of clueless phrases and the promise that their technical special service would call me back until Monday evening.

Which did not happen.

We must digitize money and the world. Its safe. And so good.

Well, maybe tomorrow then. Three attempts with them - three fails so far. I have nothing more to do to stand all day ready for them, so why waiting one day if with just some hours more you can wait two days.

On a sidenote, my everyday bank has locked out thousands and thousands of customer from their access to their online banking soince 2-3 weeks, while having had problems since early this year and not getting it solved. Me is one of their winners here, too, for every little thing I now need to go to the bank. Even accessing the automat needed me first registering at the counter. Heck, its the Deutsche Bank, not just some small nobody. More and more things break down over here, it seems.

Its not linked to the Paypal issue, since I have used paypal three times in the past 14 days.

Reminds me of a joke I once heard: "The other day, work was horrible and life in general felt really bad. Then I heard a voice from the sky saying, "Oh rejoice and be glad, mortal, it could be worse!" So I rejoiced and was glad - and behold, it got worse!
Not sure if this will help you Marc but I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago regarding my Subsim donation....

Using my VISA credit card which is my 'preferred' option when paying for something via PayPal. Used this method regularly and even just two days prior to donating...transaction refused by PayPal....after two further attempts which were also refused, contacted Neal and even sent screenshots of the refusal but neither of us knew what the problem was.

Changed my 'preferred' card to my bank account VISA and the donation was instantly accepted.

Following day changed my 'preferred' card back to the VISA credit card and was able to pay for an item I had ordered online.

The conclusion I have come to is that payment for online purchases via PayPal using a VISA credit card are okay but transfer of funds aren't.

Hope that is clear enough to understand and of some help to you my friend.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote