View Single Post
Old 07-18-22, 02:48 AM   #1
TOAD
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Icon7 Old newbie here.

Hi all, this looks like a place to put your feet up and reach for the virtual pipe and slippers.

I'm by no means well versed in the sub sim genre and hadn't played any sub games at all since I was a young man, those being Silent Service 1 and 2 and Attack Sub 688. Fast forward a few decades to a couple of weeks ago and I was trawling steam for something old to play as many modern games are pretty shallow. Also graphics don't maketh the game! Up popped Silent Hunter 3. A quick whizz round youtube and various reviews convinced me this was a game to try. Especially at the unbelievable low sale price.

So I grabbed the game checked out various mods and settled on the fairly easy to install and setup LSH3 2022 version. A fantastic beginner friendly mod. So in short I am now 6 patrols into career mode and having a blast. I've not played vanilla so LSH3 is my only taste of SH3 but wow what a great game.

The modded game look incredible for something 17 years old.

So that is in short how I ended up here, a noob happy in his ignorance but loving every minute of it.
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote