View Single Post
Old 08-12-19, 11:17 AM   #397
DasBootSim
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBootSim View Post
Did not help. Files were restored and the behavior remained the same.
The problem is the inconsistency of displaying the opening and closing of the SOAN. We open and close the book with our left hand. The right page should appear on the cover and the left page should appear on the left. It closes in the same way - the left page should disappear and the cover should appear in place of the right page. I rummaged through the scripts and so far I have discovered a logical error here \Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\MenuPage\page layout.py.
if Pagelayout_SOAN.Handles.Length == 0:
handle = Pagelayout_SOAN.AddMoveFixedSizeHandle()
handle.SetSnapParent( Pagelayout_SOAN_Tab, MenuItemWrapper.LocationPresets.TopLeft )
size = Pagelayout_SOAN_Tab.Size
handle.Resizability = MenuItemWrapper.ResizabilityTypes.NoAspectRatioCon straint
handle.Resize( size.Width, size.Height, False )

handle2 = Pagelayout_SOAN.AddMoveFixedSizeHandle()
handle2.SetSnapParent( Pagelayout_SOAN_LeftTab, MenuItemWrapper.LocationPresets.TopLeft )
size2 = Pagelayout_SOAN_LeftTab.Size
handle2.Resizability = MenuItemWrapper.ResizabilityTypes.NoAspectRatioCon straint
handle2.Resize( size2.Width, size2.Height, False )

They (Tab and Left_Tab) are probably not handled properly in the future.
After recognizing the ship, it’s convenient to shift the manual to the left to see only reference numbers and work with RAOBF.

Addendum: This does not apply to modpack TWOS; it refers to the implementation of SOAN in a TDW mod.
Hint: In order not to dig deeply, a checkbox for SOAN is created in User Charts next to default - flags. Check on will put SOAN in the starting place.
Hint2: Move the X button to the left page. It will look like Mac.
Selfmade change:
Now I myself have moved the "Close the Book" button to the upper left corner of the Unit group. I tried it and the result suits me. Although crooked, the rec. manual will not disappear. Don't need to do save/load during the patrol mission.
DasBootSim is offline   Reply With Quote