View Single Post
Old 05-18-19, 03:38 AM   #7
Exocet
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
but for now, the ventilation system can be used infinitely even when the potassium runs out, i once left the ventilator on for an entire 5 day cruise and never had an oxygen issue.

in this game, even with the ventilation system working like a charm, i have been cornered by aircraft and destroyers for such a length of time that i had no choice but to surface or have everyone suffocate.
I dont think the ventilation system is completely buggy. i have tested it, while staying submerged half a day. got switched it on without potassium for cleaning oxygene from 20% to 100%. first time usage really seems to be a little bit "magic" and perhaps equally the second time.

then switched it off and waited for oxygene level falling to 20%, and anew switched ventilation on until reaching 100%.

after doing so a few times, it was notable that each time the cleaning efficiency was below the previous turn. it took much longer to reach 100%.

after about 12 hours, the effect was stagnant. now, even when leaving ventilation permanently switched on, oxygene level would not reach 100% anymore, but also the consumption was being counterbalanced. So exactly this is absurd and has to be fixed, of course.

While being chased and keeping noise output as low as possible, permanent ventilation could be the nail of one's coffin, because it's operating noise is about 96 db.
Exocet is offline   Reply With Quote