View Single Post
Old 03-20-19, 11:08 AM   #1
AS
中国水兵

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0
Default Diving system seems weird

Hi all,

I made a couple of test divings, the results seem strange if not unrealistic.

As much as I appreciate that the Dev considers hull/ water pressure, the compressed air - dive tank Ratio seems totally wrong (or broken). Now here goes:

Negative tank is EMPTY

Dive/ Ballast tanks are full

I am at 50m statically (engines stopped).

Now I blow the Ballast tanks. Compressed air is completely EMPTY with the ballst tanks still half filled!

Although I should have positive buyoncy right now, the boat takes ages to get back to surface. (Getting back to Surface also takes way too Long using the engines and neutral buyoncy)

Now there are at least two things wrong here I guess: compressed air is empty way too far (if 50m is such a problem, what would they have done in 220m???)

The effect of blowing the Ballast tanks should be way stronger, the U-Boat would raise way faster and not crawling meter for meter.

The effect of the dive planes at low and normal speed should be stronger especially when surfacing.

Batteries:

2 and half Hours of going slow Speed takes About 70% (!) of battery power. Charging on the other Hand doesnīt affect top Speed (which is 18 with or without charging) and is way too fast: after a couple of minutes (!) the battery was already fully charged. If that was possible in 1940, why doesnīt Tesla make use of this? ;-)

So please donīt get me wrong, I do LOVE this sim so far, but there are inconistencies in realism that cannot be ignored.

Cheers, AS