View Single Post
Old 03-28-07, 08:33 PM   #100
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Photo recon mission turned hairy....

So I tried the photo recon quick mission. Made my approach undetected, maneuvered between a live of CVs and merchants. I photographed them all, then attacked. Torpedoed and sank two merchants and two carriers. Began my egress. While leaving I torpedoed a third merchant.

After leaving the harbor I went to PD and did a check. Didn't see anything, so I surfaced. Too close - there were two DD back towards the bay that saw me and gave chase.

I sank the first one with gun fire while taking minimal damage.

The second one got a lucky hit on my diesels and I slowed to about 12 knots. I was firing the deck gun into her as fast as she would reload, but the DD was going so fast she side-swiped me.

I guess this is a bit too close! I was actually blowing idividual bits off the DD. I watch the crew fall as my shells struck home. Pretty awesome.

She fell away after a bit like this and then blew up. I added to DDs to my tally (2CVs, 3 mechants plus the DDs) and limped out to make repairs.

(I love how the look outs are just staring off into space while the flaming DD slides (and I mean screechingly literally) along the port side.)

Here are a few choice pics:

CybrSlydr - the last pick fulfills your wish!

and in the darkness sink them.\"

with apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien
Sgian Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote