View Single Post
Old 10-19-22, 07:00 PM   #4185
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
I mean if you make an account as a seller, or not terminate it, you're bound by the agreement/contract, so I guess in that sense it is legal, since you agreed to it.
As to the determination what is and what isn't misinformation, since I don't think they'll go around themselves looking for these specific violations, they will have to rely on user reports about it and follow up on that.
I guess you'd have to fight that in court if you can prove you were wrongfully charged the 2500$ for providing false, inaccurate or misleading information as it is termed. And Paypal would probably be on the hook for a good chunk more than that, since they'd also suspend your account and you can't receive payments, so they better be damn sure a report about this to them is accurate, even if they have big pockets.
Even if corps aren't our friends, they're definitely friends of their bottom line, so I don't think they'll go around suspending accounts and charging people over that willy-nilly.

Maybe but their definitions are pretty vague and I think of all the people on facebook and other social media platforms that have been banned for saying what eventually turned out to be true so I don't have much confidence in their fidelity.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote