View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 05:07 PM   #9
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Thank you for your positive input Kapitan.

I was a little to positive when I wrote 12 years.

A more reasonable timeline is 30 years or more.
Or I had to put aside every single dime I had after all the rest had been payed. Which would mean no delicious cake now and then during a weekend, no rent of a good action movies and so on. And that's is not what I prefer.

So a world cruise will be nothing but a dream.

Not even a Transatlantic cruise will be possible. I can get from Hamburg to New York...but I can't get back and I totally refuse to set my foot on a airplane.
(Tried to find a contact to Cunard, asking them if this ship doesn't sail back to Hamburg)

So I made a search for a more reasonable cruise which I could afford in a couple of years from now(3-5 years saving) and I did find two-in-one

The first part of this cruise, which is with Holland America Line's upcoming new cruise ship Nieuw Statendam

Is a 14 days Cruise from Copenhagen goes via Norway, Iceland, some island belonging to Scotland and Scotland and back to Copenhagen

I can choose to disembark or I can choose to add 15-17 thousand Danish kroner more into the cruise and get additional 10 days and it's via some baltic states, Finland, Russia, Sweden and Germany(second part).

I don't know, If I should save money for the full package (24 days) or just for the first part (14 days)

The first part is also simpel, you don't need Visa only passport(Scotland)

The Second part I need visa(Russia)and of course Passport.

But the saving is on.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote