View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 02:26 AM   #3
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCruise View Post
Maybe Im missing the point, but if it's not possible to add the correct 3-D models to the game at this point in time, then why bother uploading new ship mods that are basically just renamed ships with tweaked files? All you have when you're done is the name of a ship with someone else's capabilities. Why not just shelve the mod *temporarily* until the time comes when it's possible to add brand new 3-D models to the game and have a brand new ship with historically accurate capabilities? I understand that these are still cool mods as they are now, it just hit me while I was reading the info on one uploaded new ship mod that it's not actually the new ship, just a new name.
Don't get me wrong please....I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. These mods you guys do are awesome and help keep SUBSIM fresh and alive.....and not to mention DRASTICALLY improve gameplay!! (Any SH 3,4,5 players hearing that?? lol) Thanks guys.

CaptainCruise.....a bubblehead original

***Does it look like new 3D models will be coming in the future, or is this particular game gonna be tough to add new 3D models to??***
Well, my biggest reason here is that while the devs are modder friendly, with the Unity engine, that day when we can finally add 3d models may never come.