Old 06-30-14, 12:46 AM   #4639
UKönig
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default U2511

U-2511, 3rd patrol. March 22, 1945.

Type XXI fitness report.
Deep dive to 285 m, danger, do not exceed 285m, damage occurs at 290+ (was trying to break 300 meters deep dive, instead it tried to break me).
Blow ballast for emergency surface, took the next 4 hours to restore the compressed air supply.
Anti-aircraft turrets serve a reduction in visibility, but safer for the crew.
Use the dash ability sparingly, it really eats into the battery charge. If you are familiar with the recharge times of the improved batteries aboard the typical type IX, then you should be ok here.
Speed is life. And finally there is a use for those decoys. You can now get far enough away from a decoy at 13 knots underwater. Run that speed for 30 seconds and then hit "creep mode". Even if you are forced to move faster, at first, they won't be expecting a uboat to be moving that fast, so they may not recognize the sound signature.
But, the type XXI is not a super submarine, that is, it's not invincible. And for you deck gun pirates, well, you can forget that, those days are over. But the plus side, the torpedos are hydraulically loaded, in about 2-3 minutes. And with as few as 4 qualified crew. Yes, in all, I can recommend the type XXI for any interested captain. But offer a caveat. If you are already experienced with the type IX, or even the type VII, then only those hulls with all the upgrades might still be worth hanging on to.
Our patrol area this time seems a risky venture. AM98, almost at the Bristol channel. As if the high command wants us to... Nevermind that. In any case, we may not come back from this one.
Aufwiedersehen from valhalla, U-2511.