View Single Post
Old 04-19-08, 02:11 PM   #112
Phoenix3000
Weps

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Hi OLC,

Just visiting Subsim after taking SH3 GWX 2.1 and your mod for a spin.

I like it! - and best of all it runs smoothly with no frame rate issues, unlike before - excellent news!

Only one thing I can't get used to - no switching of the magnification in the periscope views. I tried a few single missions both against lone vessels and convoys, but I'm having trouble adjusting.

For example, I did the single mission taking on the convoy in the north sea supplying the Russians. I managed to creep up against them but when I raised the peri a huge tanker was about to cross right in front of me, so I didn't fire assuming it was too close - of course it wasn't - I was seeing a permanently zoomed view. Switching to outside camera I could then tell it was several hundred yards away, so I could have sunk her easliy.... oh well... By this time she had gone by.

I miss the 'overall' view if you know what I mean.

I can see the benefits of the sea state though, especially when in the tower in heavy seas, your binoculars are often obscured by large waves - nice effect.

I did notice you can no longer zoom in with the flak guns either - haven't tried the deckgun yet.

I now see a new release too, you have been busy!

By the way, do I need to enable your new wave textures as used in GWX2.0, or is it included?

Cheers

Px3000
Phoenix3000 is offline   Reply With Quote