View Single Post
Old 07-26-11, 08:07 AM   #1877
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
It appears, then, that my friend has forgotten this aspect of U-boat life. Not surprising, I suppose, after the passage of more than 65 years.
I don't think so John, in my opinion he got confused by the wording of your question. Probably he thought YOU were confused . Take a look at your original question:

Quote:
i) how long has the oxygen in a U-boat lasted before it became necessary to add compressed air;
You are mixing here the two things, oxygen and compressed air -not compressed oxygen. A better way of making the question could have been first if compressed air was used to renew the one needed for the crew to breath, or if it was solely relied upon the compressed oxigen. To add more confusion, your second question related only and exclusively to compressed air, which he obviously interpretated solely in relation to maneuvering.

As my teacher used to say, if you want to get correct answers you must first ask the proper question I understand language and not being able to speak directly are a big problem, however.

Sad that those veterans are older every day and that soon all of them will have passed away, taking with them lots of unsolved questions