View Single Post
Old 07-20-10, 04:22 PM   #11
Henri II
Sparky

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

When you posted the original thread about zigzaging some month ago, I went and applied the script to the whole GWX Merged Campaign file. The resulting File was 78 MB (original file was around 10 MB). The loading times did definitely increase, but it was tolerable. At least for me it was worth waiting a few minutes vs messing with the area/time limits and managing different campaign files.
Now some general feedback (with my own modified file):

-The faster the ship the more effective the zigzagging. In cases of large and fast convoys it might take you several hours to get in a new attack position, and than it might already be due for another course change.

-In some cases the course change actually achived the opposite, instead of spoiling the attack it got me in an even better attack position.

-Did not detect any wierd behaviour. Sometimes, especially in rough weather, it might take a convoy some time to sort out the formation after a course change. That however happens after every course change not only during zigzagging.

-You did not mention it, but after running the script I checked the file with the mission editor, and there were quite a few cases where either a waypoint or the line between two waypoints ended up on land. Might be necessery to comb through the whole traffic to prevent that.

All in all it deffenitely improved the experience.
Henri II is offline   Reply With Quote