View Single Post
Old 03-13-21, 07:53 PM   #4
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Current drivers and MS in this timeline are what you call a pita.

Possible solution (try it):
Right-click on "My PC", click manage.
Click Device manager.
Go to graphic cards,
(assuming there are two entries, one being the onboard graphics, and the other the intended-to-use graphic card),
right-click on the onboard graphics -> disable,
the other graphic card one should be enabled of course. It should not install updates automatically then.

If you right click "graphic card" and "properties", you can also go back to the last working driver, if the new one does not work. At least it worked during the last update, but you know.. Mickeysoft.
The guys that give you Hafnium and other not-yet-detected fails.

Not sure, but worth a try. Win 10 is not what you want to have if you want to keep control and know what you are doing.

Or get the Enterprise version
I have a desktop System 1 card only a RX-5700XT and when the driver is downloaded Microsoft does not make changes to the Adrenalin software. This video shows you how to manually enter the new driver version into the software registry to get the Adrenalin software to work with the new driver version. Your solution may work on laptops such as mine with two installed graphics cards.Nvidia and Intel, as a quick solution i chose the Geforce Experience it allows me to download new drivers if i want to or keep the ones i have indefinitely. Thanks for your reply Catfish... by the way i have a nephew who's nickname is the same and he supplies those whiskered fish to many a fish camps here locally on the St. Johns river.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote