Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 07-19-20, 12:46 PM   #620
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Did some experimenting.

If I only change the block at the beginning of the savegame file (CurrentFlotilla= and CurrentFlotillaBase=) to reflect the 33d and Flensburg rather than the 2d and Lorient, I can load the savegame, but it crashes almost instantly once I start moving the boat. Or within a minute or two, if I remain at anchor.

I tried adding blocks to the end of the file, reflecting changes of flotilla and base (e.g. Reason=CSS_BaseChange) but those saves always crashed the game when I tried to load them.

"CurrentSDepartureDescription=" does not appear to be latitude and longitude in any standard, real-world format.

Suspect the coordinates are based on game "cells." Open-ish-world games like this one often use such regions to calculate what's happening. E.g., once you leave a cell, its state is saved and things are not being simulated "live" while you are away, to reduce processing load. Only the area immediately around your boat is "live." Just guessing though, based on what I've seen in other sims.

Another thing I don't get: near the top of the CareerTrack.upc file is "CurrentDate=1944-09-01 00:00:00" This is most definitely not the current time and date within the game when I saved, so I don't know what that field is supposed to show.