View Single Post
Old 04-06-10, 04:25 PM   #12
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

That same night (actually eaaarrly in the next morning) i repeated the process against another tanker that was coming up the coast of ireland. This time i snapped pictures as i did it.

First bearing was taken at 5:28am. 15 minutes later he moved a decent number of degrees.. so i figured 15 minute intervals would suffice. Here's the program after all three bearings have been entered:

Note how i forgot to change the timer interval from 20 (the time i used for the last target) to 15 minutes... this snafu will rear its head later. I only noticed it after i wondered why my torpedo's hit the rear of the ship.

Here's the plotted B4 and estimtated target course:

After another 15 minutes, i find his real location...

Then transposed his course to the correct location... and measured the distance to it from my initial location.

Enter that range.. and get the esitmated target Speed (Note: i still forgot to change the timing interval to the actual 15 minutes i've been using):

Had i changed the timing interval to 15 his speed would have been slightly faster.

Heading to my chosen intercept location:

After some time waiting in that location.....

TDC Settings (with the scope at 000):
90 Port AOB
Range ~2000m
Speed 9kts (should have been faster, due to my error earlier)

With the scope at around 11 degrees.. the gyro is zero. So thats my desired shoot bearing:

continued.....

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote