View Single Post
Old 09-15-19, 04:24 AM   #67
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
All trails will lead you to realize there is only the barrels for the different DC weapons.
So if didn't misunderstand you, 'ammo' barrels only spawn when 'dummy' barrels (i.e. the ones included in the different DC weapons as part of their 3D model) touch water, which means that the barrels we see flying in the air are the 'dummy' ones.

Quote:
K and Y fire so you have a fire effect which is just smoke.
I open a parenthesis here: as shown by the following picture (firing demonstrations aboard the museum ship USS Slater), there should be an initial burst of flames too, but probably it would be so short that the naked eye would seldom notice it.

Quote:
DC rack has an animation of the barrels rolling but nothing more.
So it's hard code that controls the toss from Y and K.
Given the rack does not play the animations till active? Maybe animations added to the Y Barrels may not play till active.
There is where we may be able to add.
I think I got your point: animated DC barrels which separate from their arbors before they touch water

Indeed, your idea is very cool and it might actually work for older SH games, but as far as SH5 is concerned there are two huge problem: unless you have made a an amazing progress with gr2 file editing we have no way to create granny animations, and the keyframe animations used in SHIII and SHIV for DC rack effects, are not triggered at the right time in SH5 but they play in an endless loop:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...53#post2621353
gap is offline   Reply With Quote