View Single Post
Old 09-14-19, 07:28 PM   #65
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Seems to my recollection that there are several ToobYu vidz of corvettes "throwing" depth charges with a Y-gun, and the plates you speak of do go with the charge, sometimes separating as they fly...
Yes, to the best of my understanding that's exactly how those arbors (= plate + hub) were meant to work. The following drawing from OP 831 is a good representation of it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
but I do not recall if the Y-guns themselves are in the vidz. Maybe a search on "depth charge attack" or something similar might yield results?

... and, of course, they don't know what a depth charge what a hedge hog what a squid is... lol
Even a picture or a drawing of a Y-gun with a caption clearly stating thrower's mark would be enough. The few pictures I have found date back to WWI, and they all are likely relative to the Mark 1. If someone else finds pictures, drawings, videos or other documents relative to other marks, please let me know here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Being the DC flight is hard coded I thought, (But never tested) if we were to add a hidden barrel with the arbor as the shell maybe we could come up with something.

There are places to add animations in the sims and I'm kind of sure I'm the best Guy for Animation work bar none!
I qualify that statement from my work with animations in SH3 and SH4. I've never discussed what I can do with SH5 animations.
I can be wrong, but I think that, similar to shells ballistic trajectories, DCs flights are calculated in game rather than mere animations. At this point I am curious to know whether the DC barrels we see in flight are the ones stored as submodels of the Y-gun equipment or the ones specified as ammo in the KGun controller, but that's easily tested
gap is offline   Reply With Quote