View Single Post
Old 11-09-18, 12:47 PM   #6718
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I’m not sure how to describe this, but here goes.
Bałao class out of Brisbane, Jan 1944.
I start and check sunset and sunrise times. They appear to be reasonably close to archived almanac times. I then proceed toward the Bismarck Sea at 1x time leaving the simulation to run day and night saving as I go. I do this because I’m going about my daily routine listening to Fred’s Radios in the background, interacting with the game from time to time. I finally arrive at the Bismarck Sea patrol area which is almost due north of Brisbane, so I haven’t crossed any in-game “time zones.” On my way I notice that the sunset-sunrise times are getting progressively later (earlier?) so sunrise is happening at midnight.
I then go back and load my save game whence I started and this time I use time compression all the way to the Bismarck Sea. When I check sunset-sunrise times they are when they should be.
It seems that by playing at 1x the celestial sphere gets out of sync with game time.
I’ve made plenty of save games within both branches, the 1x branch and the time compression branch.
I’ve also noticed some other issues which may lead to understanding this phenomenon such as being attacked by air in the middle of my “game night” (in 1x) while the clock indicates it should be daylight.
I’ll leave this description here and hope that one of the developers has some ideas as to what might be causing this.
There hasn't been a Ubisoft Silent Hunter "Developer" on the SubSim Forum pages for years!! Their all retired; in the Romanian Army as conscript's; or working for other companies making "apps" like Candy Crush.

The game is truly only a "representation" of real world time and space....it should not be considered accurate or factual. Especially when it comes to things like time and space. The game's "time" is relative to the "Sub Base Time" your sub left from, however it's not accurate in a sense that a true hour of game time is equal to a true hour of real world time. Nope, it's going to run "off" by several minutes per "24 hour day".

Regarding "space", a quick look at the map screen will show you the distance's between point A to B are not accurate. Pick any point you want, measure the distance between one point to the other, then search for the true measured distances between these points. They won't even be close. Some say it's due to the fact the game see's the world as a flat surface, not a curved one. But, whatever the reason, distance between two points is as void of reality as the space between some folks "ear's".

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote