View Single Post
Old 03-11-21, 09:13 AM   #5
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subguy200120 View Post
Much to my delight I have rediscovered this gem. I am trying to host a multiplayer session with another friend that I have gotten hooked, but am getting blocked. When I host a session, he cannot see it and sees no lobbies to join. The same is true when he hosts a session. I acknowledge the game is 20 years old, but does anyone have a work-around? Has anyone else had this issue? Any info would be appreciated.
Hello! In the future, you may want to post in the Dangerous Waters section of SUBSIM, you should get more relevant views

Having said that, Dangerous Waters multiplayer still works but with a bit of effort. Maybe Sub Command multiplayer does, too? Honestly, I would recommend you guys play Dangerous Waters multiplayer, as it's a strict upgrade sequel of Sub Command with no detriments. Have both you and your friend port forwarded? You'll need to port forward to host a match. Also, if you're on Windows 10, you'll need to enable DirectPlay 8 (a Google search will tell you how to do that). Finally, you need the external IP address of your friend or your friend needs your external IP address to connect to each other's server. With Sub Command and Dangerous Waters, you can't just browse all matches being hosted, unfortunately. You need to know the IP of the server you want to play on. Hope this helps!

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote