View Single Post
Old 07-22-17, 09:22 AM   #343
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Nothing is working. I did exactly as you asked, and here is the result at the end :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Okay, no problem: we will fix it. I would give up on that if I wasn't sure that a good specular mask could greatly improve the look of that model
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
Kendras, gap,

in case you two want to have an addtional opinion about the texture issue, send me the *.dat file plus the texture (original site prefered)
I think I know what is going on guys: alpha blending was not enabled, that made the reflection data passed on to the graphic engine, either totally black or ototally white. My bad for not thinking of it before

@ Kendras

Please scrap all the tweaks I suggested yesterday and check the 'Disable z-buffer wtite + enable alpha blend' checkbox for all the materials with SpeculaMask action controller attached

P.S: if you want to make the reflection effect more or less evident, you can play with the 'Specular strength' material property. In stock files, I have seen settings as high as 140; usually materials with no reflection map enabled, have much lower setting, similar to the ones that our 'concrete' and 'metal' materials are set to.

Last edited by gap; 07-22-17 at 09:38 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote