View Single Post
Old 04-08-20, 01:45 PM   #8
Jetguy06
Seaman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
I had the same situation, I would sail out of Pearl Harbor on my third patrol. I usually save about one hundred fifty nautical miles from my home port. When I loaded the 'save', the game would CTD. Sometimes I would the load prior save and go to the objective assigned to. But when I saved it would CTD.. Re-install SH4 from my CD, make all the necessary settings and start a new career. Same thing happened again until I read a post from TorpedoBait SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > Windows 10 Issue post #5.

1. Right click on the SH4 shortcut or SH4.exe;
2. Click on Properties;
3. Click on the Compatibility Tab;
4. Click on the "Change high DPI Settings" button
5. Check the box at the bottom ("Override high DPI Scaling behavior. Scaling performed by Application")
6. Click the OK buttons (both of them) to save the new setting.
7. Try starting SH4 again.

After making the changes, I loaded the save that wouldn't work before. I was able to continue on like nothing happened. I put this in my notes when I perform a new install. If you try this, I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

Good luck,
Larry

I'm just about to try the Large Address installation after I post this reply, but when I right click on SH4.exe and go to properties, there is no Compatibility tab. There is General, Sharing, Security, Previous Versions, and Customize.

I'm running Windows 10 64bit.
Jetguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote